New iPhoto and iMovie apps can be manually copied to the original iPad

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    sdbryansdbryan Posts: 351member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jackthemac View Post

Just as an update, the process only works on devices that have iOS 5.1 installed. Would have been good to know that from the start !

No, even with iOS 5.1 installed on my iPad I also get the infinite loop of authorization. It's a hack and it fails for many of us. Eventually I'll get an new iPad and I'll already have iPhoto purchased so it isn't a big deal (plus it is just $5).
  • Reply 42 of 48
    Hi Guys I'm new here & not a techo so please bear with me & not sure if this is the right place to post this?.

I have a pc running xp pro sp3, I have an iPad 1 & want to install this on here (already installed it on my ip4). Downloaded the IPCU but when I try to run it it crashes & comes up with this error;

"iPCU has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"

& asks if I want to send error report.

I've uninstalled it & tried installing ealrier versions but same thing happens. Can anyone suggest a way to fix this?
  • Reply 43 of 48
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jacknjazzy View Post

Hi Guys I'm new here & not a techo so please bear with me & not sure if this is the right place to post this?.

I have a pc running xp pro sp3, I have an iPad 1 & want to install this on here (already installed it on my ip4). Downloaded the IPCU but when I try to run it it crashes & comes up with this error;

"iPCU has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"

& asks if I want to send error report.

I've uninstalled it & tried installing ealrier versions but same thing happens. Can anyone suggest a way to fix this?

Have you updated your iPad to version 5.1?
  • Reply 44 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Have you updated your iPad to version 5.1?

Yes....May be a silly question but updating my iPad to 5.1 will have no bearing on the issue I have? I thought my problem is a pc issue or conflict with the ipcu?
  • Reply 45 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrial View Post

You don't click the Add+ button ... that is to add the App to the Utility. Once it is in the Utility, you click the "install" button to the right of the App name. Be patient, it takes a couple of minutes to do it's thing.

I did everything the article said & have hit "Install" in the iphone configuration utility & it keeps telling me that iPhoto is not compatible with my iPad. Frustrating!

What to do? Help Please!
  • Reply 46 of 48
    Hi, I've installed iPhoto on my iPad 1, I used it and made a lot of changes on my photos, works fine.

But now I tried to import these changed Photos - but I can only find the originals, taken by my camera and imported to the iPad. The changed photos are missing - I tried iPhoto on my Mac and the other program called something like digital pictures.

(I also have this loop.)

Does anybody know how to find and import all my changed photos?
  • Reply 47 of 48

New to AppleInsider need advice(help)..

Manually installed the iPhone app to my iPad original per instructions....works fine, however, when syncing to my iMac desktop, get the message about authorizing...I press authorize, then get the message that this computer is already authorized, press OK...then loops back to the message to authorize again, keeps looping...press cancel to get out of authorizing loop, then cancels sync..so basically with this app installed I can't sync my iPad.....help!!

• Reply 48 of 48

Quote:

New to AppleInsider need advice(help)..

Manually installed the iPhone app to my iPad original per instructions....works fine, however, when syncing to my iMac desktop, get the message about authorizing...I press authorize, then get the message that this computer is already authorized, press OK...then loops back to the message to authorize again, keeps looping...press cancel to get out of authorizing loop, then cancels sync..so basically with this app installed I can't sync my iPad.....help!!

It's always a good idea to read through a thread before posting.  You'll often find your question has already been asked and (hopefully) answered.  That's the case here, I asked and bikertwin kindly answered...

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/145877/new-iphoto-and-imovie-apps-can-be-manually-copied-to-the-original-ipad#post_2069187

Quote:

Turn off *app* syncing with the iPad and iTunes. It just downloads them from the cloud, anyway, so no need to sync anymore, is there?

I ended up deleting the iPhoto app from my iPad as it became somewhat unstable otherwise.  Hope yours works better.  Good luck and let us know how it goes!