No Siri on the iPad...but is the iPad capable of running Siri?

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
http://www.tuaw.com/2012/03/13/thoug.../#aol-comments

I read a couple of articles that discuss the possible reasons that Siri was left off the iPad?basically, it's not ready. While the authors make interesting points, I would like to have Siri on my iPad. If Apple's reason for leaving it off was the service's capabilities, then I can understand. But, is the iPad's hardware is capable of running Siri?

After the launch of the iPhone 4S, I read that noise canceling HW was included in the phone. I haven't seen this mentioned. Has anyone here read anything about the iPad's hardware support for Siri? If it is, then Siri could come along as a SW update in the future.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    This would be interesting to know. I'm planning to buy an iPad for my mother (damn 1 week delay in Spain!!!), and knowing if the new iPad will be able to run Siri would be great.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Keda View Post

I read a couple of articles that discuss the possible reasons that Siri was left off the iPad?basically, it's not ready.

Not in the slightest. The iPad isn't guaranteed to have a pervasive Internet connection. Therefore Siri wouldn't do much good.

Quote:

But, is the iPad's hardware is capable of running Siri?

Of course it is. The first gen can run Siri.

Quote:

?Siri could come along as a SW update in the future.

It will not be.