Mac OSX like finder for Windows?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited February 2014
I use a Mac at home and a PC at work. Do any of you know of a Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) replacement that would give me the column view of the Mac OS X finder?

thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Bump!
  • Reply 2 of 7
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacintoshKilledMyDaughter View Post

Bump!

You're freaking kidding me.

First, this is from TWO THOUSAND THREE. Do NOT bump threads and do NOT necro threads.

Second, the question should not have been asked, even then. Finder has ALWAYS had this feature. It's RIGHT here. You didn't even bother to LOOK at your computer, did you?

See that set of four buttons? Notice how the third one is selected?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

You're freaking kidding me.

First, this is from TWO THOUSAND THREE. Do NOT bump threads and do NOT necro threads.

Second, the question should not have been asked, even then. Finder has ALWAYS had this feature. It's RIGHT here. You didn't even bother to LOOK at your computer, did you?

See that set of four buttons? Notice how the third one is selected?

I don't know what the OP and his Johnnie-come-lately bumper meant, but what he was for was flipside of the question that you answered. He asked for a Windows Explorer replacement that has the column view of the Finder. He is asking for Windows software on this Mac forum, not Mac software.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

I don't know what the OP and his Johnnie-come-lately bumper meant, but what he was for was flipside of the question that you answered. He asked for a Windows Explorer replacement that has the column view of the Finder. He is asking for Windows software on this Mac forum, not Mac software.

Ah, thanks. But Explorer is like that by default, too!

At least, it has been every time I install Windows.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Recommend you guys to create a Shortcut to the Start Up Folder

"Finderbar Engine" --> Right Click --> Click Copy --> Paste it in the Start U Folder (Start Button --> All Programs --> Locate Start Up Folder)
  • Reply 6 of 7

You can repeat these steps to see if more updates are now available. Because some software updates are prerequisites for others, you may need to repeat these steps several times to complete the software update sequence. Note: Mac OS X v10.5 and later can automatically run Software Update checks in the background and let you know when an update is available for your computer.