Next Distraction: The "War on Women"

2»

Comments

  • sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 16,215member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post


    Maybe we should pass a law making it illegal and imprison anyone who does in violation of whatever standard you set.



    I'm sure he would like that.



    Quote:







    There's probably a lot of people that "shouldn't be allowed" to call themselves certain things. Progressives are one. Modern liberals another.



    I can think of a few: Senators, Representatives, government employees.
  • marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post


    I'm sure he would like that.







    I can think of a few: Senators, Representatives, government employees.



    Don't you have the guts to respond back to me!
  • sequitursequitur Posts: 1,884member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post


    You're off topic. I'm talking about a political attack, not government newspeak.



    And the difference is?
  • sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 16,215member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by marvfox View Post


    Don't you have the guts to respond back to me!



    How does one respond to nonsense like this:



    Quote:

    Why don't you run for the presidency of the U.S.? You seem to know it all!



    As someone that's been here a lot long than you (about 12 years), I can tell you this is a place to express opinions and debate. If you don't want to engage in that, then go away. You're taking up space that others could use to actually engage in conversation.
  • marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post


    How does one respond to nonsense like this:







    As someone that's been here a lot long than you (about 12 years), I can tell you this is a place to express opinions and debate. If you don't want to engage in that, then go away. You're taking up space that others could use to actually engage in conversation.



    Freedom of speech we fought for that all our lives .Big deal 12 years .How old are you?
  • sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 16,215member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by marvfox View Post


    Freedom of speech we fought for that all our lives .



    I am ASKING YOU to engage in freedom of speech. You simply don't seem to feel the need.



    Quote:

    Big deal 12 years .



    Funny how you dismiss that, especially since my only point was that I have a better understanding of the function and purpose of these forums than you do.



    Quote:



    How old are you?



    36. Next?
  • brbr Posts: 8,255member
    In one nice graphic, the War on People.



  • jazzgurujazzguru Posts: 6,435member
    Meanwhile, Obama is bombing women and children in foreign lands in the name of "spreading democracy". Renounce your support for Obama and maybe people will start paying attention to you.
  • brbr Posts: 8,255member
    Stop believing in fairy tales first. (Really shitty racist ones, at that)
  • jazzgurujazzguru Posts: 6,435member
    But, you see, I don't want to use government to force you to act and believe as I do. That's the difference between you and me.
  • mj1970mj1970 Posts: 9,002member
    Hmmm...



    While I not a big fan of the Republican party...it seems that Democrats have sent more men and women to war in this country's history.
  • sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 16,215member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BR View Post


    In one nice graphic, the War on People.







    This is exactly the kind of disgusting, extremist "stuff" that pollutes our debate. We can't have a conversation about mandating birth control and it's constitutionality, nor on the legality of abortion, nor welfare, nor education, nor war or foreign policy. And it's all because of people like you. You cannot debate issues on the merits. You instead must use all opportunities to slam your political opposition. You're much like the President in this regard. It disgusts and saddens me.
  • brbr Posts: 8,255member
    It's not my fault that Republican policies address the fetus before birth but ignore the child after. You can't hide that fact with your indignant rebuffs.
  • trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,271member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post


    Anyone noticed this phrase being dropped into the political lexicon? Here's has-been Angelica Houston talking about the United States going back to "the Dark Ages."



    I'm sure the media will hold them all responsible for their violent rhetoric and imagery. That and of course they will investigate as to why they are completely full of crap.



    Quote:

    I recently had a Facebook friend post a video about "the GOP's War on Women." Another posted something with a man holding a poster saying "I'm a man and we have to [end the GOP's war on women]."



    It's a stupid campaign wedge issue. The polls show it is hurting Obama more than helping him. Any sort of investigation shows that if you are poor, the government can qualify you for it under MediCal(in California)/Medicare. If you are working poor, etc. then you can go to places like Planned Parenthood and they will treat you and provide you with what you need on a sliding scale based on your income. It isn't free but it has a reasonable co-pay.



    Quote:

    While I'm used to watching partisans bicker on cable news and used to politicians slam each other for this and that, this one really bothers me. I find it repulsive, because it's so transparent. This has Axelrod, Emmanuel, Pelosi and Reid written all over it. Clearly, the President cannot run on his record. So what better a distraction than to mandate Catholic charities pay for birth control (which they've never done), have Catholics go ballistic, and watch the destruction? It's simple. You get a few moronic politicians like Rick Santorum to talk about social issues and whether states can hypothetically ban birth control. Then you throw in some unfortunate Rush Limbaugh comments, and all of a sudden we have The Gop's War on Women! Puke.



    Meanwhile, Rome burns. And no one seems to care.



    People do care. The polls show that Obama is basically done. There are the sorts of things that would be the same as cheap shots hoping to start a fight in a sporting event. It clearly reveals Democratic Desperation. The reason it hurts Obama is because it only appeals to the most strident of their core constituency. People on assistance already get birth control. People who are married already have a partner help pay for their birth control or don't need it because they are trying to procreate. People who are attending school or working at any institution they haven't chosen that happens to be in direct opposition to their personal values have birth control provided. Those who have decided to attend or work at an institution which is in direct opposition to their values can get birth control at Planned Parenthood or even at Walmart for a very small co-pay.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post


    It's just amazing how it seeps into the mainstream thinking. I had two FB friends (they were ex-husband and wife, actually) post about this on the same day. It's just bouncing around the media echo chamber until it becomes truthy. Worse still, many conservatives like Limbaugh and Santorum end up playing right into it.



    Clearly your two friends go to the same website to get their little talking points. Like you say it doesn't help if Limbaugh or others like him basically throw a punch when given a cheap shot and ask to be thrown out of the game.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BR View Post


    So the bills sweeping many states that mandate institutional rape by instrument are all a Democratic plot to distract people? You are not entitled to your own facts divorced from reality.



    Clearly you are divorced from reality. An abortion certainly requires the same sort of instrument be put in the same place and that much more than a picture be taken. Calling a sonogram rape is just an extremist view that you are using to drive yourself into a hateful and violent state.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BR View Post


    You want fewer abortions? Give free access to birth control. By the way, Ms. Fluke wasn't even testifying about the birth control aspects of birth control. She was discussing the lives it saves from ovarian cancer and the debilitating menstrual pains that it quells. For many reasons, it benefits society to have free access to birth control..



    About a third of her testimony covers what you mentioned. The rest of it covered her need for free birth control and claims of $3000 of expenses for three years. The government could give free access to birth control. They do not need to mandate others do their job for them. You are a coward to not address this point because it ruins your hateful wedge issue being used to distract from the fact that if society is at war with a woman because they want her to pay $9 for a month of birth control, then Obama is at war with the entire country due to his energy policies which have caused the current gas prices.



    Quote:

    The pro-life side of you should look at the cost benefit and see the abortions averted are more than worth the shared cost of private health insurance premiums.



    You're not entitled to your own facts. Private doesn't mean public. If the public thinks birth control should be free, public institutions can provide it for free. Please stop being a coward and address that point.



    Quote:

    The pro-human side of you (if it exists) should look at the lives saved from cancer and the suffering eased.



    We understand. Obama is murdering people and causing suffering due to his unwillingness to direct the government instead of private instutitions to provide free birth control.



    Quote:

    I will, however, thank you for recognizing that state rape by instrument is a war on women.



    I'm glad to see your thinking is so easily made strident by bumper sticker reasoning. The Democrats have another sheep to go to the polls for them. You're bleating right on cue.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BR View Post


    This really strikes me. You have no room for pragmatism or compromise. You are quite the extremist. If you truly cared about life and wanted to eliminate abortions, you'd support the method that would reduce them the most. Yet, you care more about principles and pennies than lives.



    The opposition are extremists. They are declaring war. They want murder and suffering. That has been stated through all your posts. You sound hateful and dangerous. Clearly you have no problem with putting such people into camps or murdering them since they have been so dehumanized in your thinking. They aren't people in disagreement with you. You've made them the enemy in your mind.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BR View Post


    Christian Scientists shouldn't be allowed to call themselves that.



    I'm sure your guns will put an end to all opposition soon. Then the glorious revolution can finally take full form.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post


    We have laws in place already. In most states, if your child has a bacterial infection and you let them die because you won't give them simple antibiotics, then you can go to jail, regardless of what your asinine beliefs are.



    Do we have laws when doctors won't give you those simple antibiotics due to use and abuse by a small minority which means now they treat the majority with contempt and won't treat them? That is pretty much the motus operandi for our society as a whole right now.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post


    Zoinks! Wow, you're on a role in jumping from one thing I said to something completely different.



    Looks like we need a thread for you too.



    Liberals are busy projecting about bullying because they do so much of it. My prediction is that they will spend the entire fall trying to bully the nation into reelecting Obama. It will be the ugliest and nastiest thing ever.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by marvfox View Post


    Don't you have the guts to respond back to me!



    Quote:



    Let me summarize that for you. Private organization apparently aren't allowed to have or express their private values. However if you ask a private citizen about their private values you are a complete and total asshat. The hypocrisy is too large to bridge. It won't win as an issue. You can't have people declare war on private companies, foundations, universities and hospitals using privacy as a club. Privacy goes both ways.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BR View Post


    In one nice graphic, the War on People.



    The war on people? It must be nice to turn everyone into an enemy. I guess when you murder them you'll feel so good about yourself. Stop engaging in hate speech.
  • mj1970mj1970 Posts: 9,002member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trumptman View Post


    The war on people? It must be nice to turn everyone into an enemy. I guess when you murder them you'll feel so good about yourself. Stop engaging in hate speech.



    It's probably also convenient for him to ignore that when it comes to war on people, Democrats have the Republicans beaten hands down.



    The main difference is that Democrats get peace prizes for their wars on people.
  • trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,271member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post


    It's probably also convenient for him to ignore that when it comes to war on people, Democrats have the Republicans beaten hands down.



    The main difference is that Democrats get peace prizes for their wars on people.



    That is quite a deep observation there MJ. You note that Democrats basically bring institutional violence in the name of a helping hand. It's like sheep being led to the slaughter.
  • bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Ahh. The new "distraction" discussion.



    This ain't new.



    http://nymag.com/news/frank-rich/gop...roblem-2012-4/
  • trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,271member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post


    Ahh. The new "distraction" discussion.



    This ain't new.



    http://nymag.com/news/frank-rich/gop...roblem-2012-4/



    If the workforce participation rate hadn't gone down by over 1.2 million, the unemployment rate would be calculated to be 11%.



    However that isn't the real issue. The real issue is hoodies and having to actually pay $9 to get your birth control pills.
Sign In or Register to comment.