That space or partner with iPad and apple

With fords experience of poor customer satisfaction with the

Freeze prone MS based system

Apple would be a savior

Imagine the buzz if car company X

goes apple
  • Reply 342 of 349
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Mildly surprising sales of the Galaxy Note. . .

For a phone that's supposedly too big and uses a stylus, they haven't done too bad in the approx 4 weeks it's been on sale in the US with 3 million purchased. No that's not shipped but sold, and at an ATT price that matches the hi-end iPhone 4S 32GB.

http://global.samsungtomorrow.com/?p=12717

There is a market for a larger display, even one as huge as the Galaxy Note's 5.3". I believe Apple would do pretty well with a moderately larger iPhone.
  • Reply 343 of 349
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doctor David View Post

It has a pen!? Hmmm, think I'll wait for the upgrade that comes with a sheet of paper.

Oooh and Samsung branded plastic dividers, you know for a search engine.
  • Reply 344 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

OMG THAT IS HUGE!

Yea I know, you do get used to the size though. It's a great phone for business or for someone who want's to only carry one device instead of a phone and a tablet. There are only three products from Samsung's mobile division that I think really are exceptional; Galaxy Tab 7.7", Galaxy II and the Galaxy Note N7000 (International version). Blast me all you want but they are yummy in my book.

The commercial did seem a little silly though, I hate when company's try to one up each other by trying to be clever. They should just demo the product and sell on that merit alone. Like that rigged video where a Samsung employee walked around a did one of those Pepsi vs. Coke challenges but with a Galaxy Note and a Apple 4S. Oooh look how easy the Note is to use VS. the 4S, BS the Apple is the easier of the two, everyone knows that. They should have just walked around handed someone a Galaxy Note and asked them what they thought truthfully. When someone asks me how do I like any product of mine I always hand it to them and say see for yourself. When it comes to the Note though, I swear it's always a 50/50 reaction and 90% of the time it's about the size not the OS, either they hate it or love it.
  • Reply 345 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by canucklehead View Post

Wow, that was $10.5M well spent!

Stylus (pen)? A bunch of people singing and dancing for a reason that gets lost pretty quickly? A conclusion that admits the ad was "over the top"?

Who hired the ad agency and did (s)he know they were obvious Apple fanboys?

How embarrassing!

I wonder how many of those dancers lost their S Pens during the commercial. I had right before I did the Charleston, last thing I saw it was flying across the parking lot.
  • Reply 346 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

With every new product there is talk that Apple needs to counter it sooner rather than later yet we've seen Apple maintain a yearly upgrade cycle with the last one being 1.25 years yet they still dominate the sale per model, revenue and profits from the market segment. Apparently reacting to every newfangled gadget is not the answer.

As fuwafuwa notes, the Dell Streak was 5" and it didn't fare so well. In all fairness comparing a Dell product to Samsung is laughable, but I think the size is an issue for phone usage. Now Samsung has added the digitiser and created APIs for devs but is that enough to make the product so important to buyers that Apple would need to bring the 6th generation iPhone out earlier? I don't think so.

Nah, I think that is one of coolest features about buying an Apple. It wont be absolete in 6 months. Though I have no doubt that Samsung will sell the 10 million Notes they have slated for 2012. Apple has sold how many, many more units, yea Apple is just fine and don't need anything new just yet. Yea I guess I would like to see a 4" iPhone but as a lot of you have convinced me it's not needed.

All that being said the Galaxy Note is a really nice phone, it might not be for everyone but then that's fine their are plenty of other phones to choose from.

The pen is usefull, very usefull. When I first got mine I never even touched the pen for at least 3 weeks untill I got a PDF form from my internet provider to update my connection. I decided to try out the pen function, I was hooked. I now fill out all of my forms that way. Paperless office here I come. I used to carry around a pencil and notebook to take notes, that's gone now and Fruit Ninja, wow.

Surfing the internet on this thing is fantastic, more then fantastic it's the best I have ever seen on any phone made today.

The size is a big deal breaker for a lot of people, it was for me when my firm replaced my beloved Blackberry with this huge phone and I have tiny female hands. Now though, I can't imagine ever having another phone for work. After Skype released support for 720p the 2 MP front camera is amazing now. It's also extremely fast, I haven't seen so much as a studder yet and that screen, oh god that wonderful screen, also arguably one of best, defiantly has the highest resolution available.

I can go on and on about this wonderful device but most of you will never even bother to so much as go to look and play with one let alone purchase one. I'm just so happy to see that there are still companys that dare to build the absurd and still make a profit doing so. The market is flooded with boring phones with no soul or sense of presense. This thing, there is no way you can call this ordinary.
  • Reply 347 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eehd View Post

I would laugh at anyone carrying a phone that big.

It's not the size that matters it's how you use it.
  • Reply 348 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blacklight View Post

I have an iPad 2, but someone gave me a Tab 10.1 for Christmas. It's hard to put the iPad down, but harder to pick the Tab 10.1 up. After nearly 2 months, there is No decent software that I have found to install on it.

At New Year's 2011 I searched for "Best apps for galaxy tab 10.1", and the best and most recent link that Google's search could find was an article published 5 months earlier in JULY.

I have tried three downloadable "market" apps that are supposed to replace the standard Android market for more specialized apps focusing on tablets....guess what - there still isn't anything worth downloading.

So just a few months after the release of the Tab 10.1 what are the websites talking about - the upcoming launch of the Galaxy Nexus..... like they had already forgotten about the Tab 10.1

So the hardware might be good (at least on paper), but the poor user experience, the nearly non-existent app ecosystem and lack of supervision of the app market, the risk of viruses, the overall lack of care for customer satisfaction, make Samsung's tablets expensive paper weights.

On the one hand, I'm glad I didn't buy it, on the other hand, I feel sad that someone wasted their money buying it for me.

Oh gosh that sucks, nothing worse then receiving a gift you don't want. If you need help with finding apps for it I'll be more then happy to help. There was a time where the ecosystem as you called it lacked a lot of the apps that were found on the iPad but now their pretty much equal. Except when it comes to games and music creation apps. The rest is pretty even. As far as Virus's go, well that is a gross over statement, it only happened to people who downloaded warez or crap software. Always keep to known brand software and pay for your apps. There is no longer a problem though as Google now checks every app that is uploaded and does so every day. I have never, ever had a virus or malware problem nor has 98% of Android users. Look up the statistics yourself, it's pretty much an old's wives tale.

I don't own the Galaxy 10.1 but I do own the 7.7" and I love it but that's because I already have a iPad for home and I wanted the 7.7" for my purse to take everywhere during the day. It fit's that need perfect and I have exactly the same software that I have on my iPad on the Galaxy 7.7", except for the music creation apps which are awesome. That being said though they both have their purpose, one for home and one for when I'm mobile.

Give the Galaxy 10.1 a chance, find just one use for it that the iPad can't match and you'll love it like multimedia, the Galaxy plays pretty much every codec out of the box. You can buy a Lacie DLNA adapter for your TV for less then 40 bucks that will allow you to stream HD content via a wireless connection from your Samsung tablet to your TV. All the software needed comes pre-installed plus most modern flatscreens have DLNA built in so you probably don't even need the adapter. This is an awesome feature by the way you can also play games like this.

You can use it as a dedicated Skype machine as Skype now supports 720p but the iPad front camera is still stuck at VGA where the Galaxy has a 2MP front camera. Oh my gosh if someone gave me a free Galaxy 10.1 tablet I would buy the dock for 35 dollars and use it as my bed side computer/clock radio alarm/multimedia station/TV.

Good luck, but whatever you do don't just put it aside and forget about it,
  • Reply 349 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Oh gosh that sucks, nothing worse then receiving a gift you don't want. If you need help with finding apps for it I'll be more then happy to help. There was a time where the ecosystem as you called it lacked a lot of the apps that were found on the iPad but now their pretty much equal. Except when it comes to games and music creation apps. The rest is pretty even. As far as Virus's go, well that is a gross over statement, it only happened to people who downloaded warez or crap software. Always keep to known brand software and pay for your apps. There is no longer a problem though as Google now checks every app that is uploaded and does so every day. I have never, ever had a virus or malware problem nor has 98% of Android users. Look up the statistics yourself, it's pretty much an old's wives tale.

I don't own the Galaxy 10.1 but I do own the 7.7" and I love it but that's because I already have a iPad for home and I wanted the 7.7" for my purse to take everywhere during the day. It fit's that need perfect and I have exactly the same software that I have on my iPad on the Galaxy 7.7", except for the music creation apps which are awesome. That being said though they both have their purpose, one for home and one for when I'm mobile.

Give the Galaxy 10.1 a chance, find just one use for it that the iPad can't match and you'll love it like multimedia, the Galaxy plays pretty much every codec out of the box. You can buy a Lacie DLNA adapter for your TV for less then 40 bucks that will allow you to stream HD content via a wireless connection from your Samsung tablet to your TV. All the software needed comes pre-installed plus most modern flatscreens have DLNA built in so you probably don't even need the adapter. This is an awesome feature by the way you can also play games like this.

You can use it as a dedicated Skype machine as Skype now supports 720p but the iPad front camera is still stuck at VGA where the Galaxy has a 2MP front camera. Oh my gosh if someone gave me a free Galaxy 10.1 tablet I would buy the dock for 35 dollars and use it as my bed side computer/clock radio alarm/multimedia station/TV.

Good luck, but whatever you do don't just put it aside and forget about it,

Oh I forgot to address Samsung's customer care, they've really been great to me. I received a Galaxy Note for work last November and I immediately started tinkering around with it. When I say tinkering I mean I was flashing multiple custom roms onto it as I aways do, I like my things rooted. Well like an idiot I bricked it and bricked it good. I called their customer service line frantic that I would have to pay back my company for ruining their property, the guy at the end of line was very sympathetic to my problem and told me he would take care of it and then gave me an RNA number and sent me a return box the very next day. They not only replaced the phone at no charge but the new phone came with a free case and a special external pen, the turn around all happened in the same week. So I can't say anything bad about them, that's some of the best customer care that I have ever gotten from a company.