Adobe Photoshop CS6 beta reaches 500K downloads in less than a week

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    jlanddjlandd Posts: 873member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mKunert View Post

Half the people I know who downloaded the beta, couldn't get it to install and gave up.

Refute!!! Lots of users in my orbit, nary an install hiccup.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    blah64blah64 Posts: 993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blah64 View Post

Does it require "activation" ?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Of course it does. It's an Adobe product.

Well, it wouldn't be unreasonable for them to skip that on an expiring demo. If you're absolutely sure it's required then I won't waste my time with the big download.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blah64 View Post

Well, it wouldn't be unreasonable for them to skip that on an expiring demo. If you're absolutely sure it's required then I won't waste my time with the big download.

I'm certain; I have it. You're forced to register an account at Adobe.com to use it. I made a disparaging comment out of the account's password.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    vandilvandil Posts: 187member
    Hosts file editing is a useful thing to know at times.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    blah64blah64 Posts: 993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I'm certain; I have it. You're forced to register an account at Adobe.com to use it. I made a disparaging comment out of the account's password.

heh. nice one. but they'll probably never see it, since it'll presumably be hashed; would have been better to make the actual account name something disparaging.

this kind of practice is truly uncalled for. there's no reason to force users (or potential users, in this case) to create an account, it's just bullshit. encouraging is fine, but not requiring.

their asinine practice has lost me as a customer. the last version of photoshop i actually bought was cs2 (yeah, i was a reasonably happy paying customer), and i'll continue to use it until a) it doesn't work anymore, or b) adobe stops their invasive practices. in all likelihood, by the time it stops working i'll be able to opt for something like Pixelmator, which gets better all the time.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    ecphoecpho Posts: 28member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mKunert View Post

Half the people I know who downloaded the beta, couldn't get it to install and gave up.

obviously those people are doing something wrong.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    ecphoecpho Posts: 28member
    if you only have CS2 then you aren't up for upgrade pricing - so if you dont use PS for work - i dont think you would be outright buying the full version anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil

heh. nice one. but they'll probably never see it, since it'll presumably be hashed; would have been better to make the actual account name something disparaging.

this kind of practice is truly uncalled for. there's no reason to force users (or potential users, in this case) to create an account, it's just bullshit. encouraging is fine, but not requiring.

their asinine practice has lost me as a customer. the last version of photoshop i actually bought was cs2 (yeah, i was a reasonably happy paying customer), and i'll continue to use it until a) it doesn't work anymore, or b) adobe stops their invasive practices. in all likelihood, by the time it stops working i'll be able to opt for something like Pixelmator, which gets better all the time.