is this the leak of the new macbook air?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
i saw some kind of leaking information of the new macbook air. At the airport extreme section, in tech specs. At the bottom, it has a picture of the new macbook air, the same design, and has more storage and faster graphics. here's the link:http://www.apple.com/timecapsule/specs.html any idea? the new macbook air will be unveiled very soon...

mid-2010 macbook 2.4ghz, iPhone 4s, iPad 2 64gb, iPod nano

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Are you kidding? That small picture is a link to Apple's MacBook Air webpage. In case you are serious, that image is not the upcoming MacBook Air, but rather it is an image of the current MacBook Air.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

Are you kidding? That small picture is a link to Apple's MacBook Air webpage. In case you are serious, that image is not the upcoming MacBook Air, but rather it is an image of the current MacBook Air.

Yah talk about jumping to conclusions.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

The message seems strange though. In the current list of features on the Macbook Air pages, they don't highlight 'more storage' nor 'faster graphics' because the current models have neither.

The first MBA had the X3100 GPU, then 9400M, then it was the 320M, then it was the HD 3000 but the HD 3000 isn't faster than the 320M.

The MBA storage starts at 64GB as it always has in the SSD models.

This message only makes sense applied to the next-gen models as they will have HD 4000 graphics so double the GPU performance and double the storage due to the dropping in price of SSDs - entry model I expect will be 128GB. Besides that, no change.

New models shouldn't arrive until June though, unless some ULV chips get out early:

http://vr-zone.com/articles/exclusiv...led/15075.html

USB 3, double SSD sizes and double graphics performance would be a welcome improvement to the Air lineup.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

The message seems strange though. In the current list of features on the Macbook Air pages, they don't highlight 'more storage' nor 'faster graphics' because the current models have neither.

The most recent MacBook Air was introduced in July 2011. This link in question was placed there at least six months later. Just because a member of this forum discovered the link this morning doesn't mean that it was added this morning. "More storage. Faster graphics." is meaningless ad copy, not a specification list.

"More storage. Faster graphics." Compared to what?