What exactly is Obama responsible for?

2»

Comments

• tontontonton Posts: 14,063member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

The US put what percentage of the GDP into the Manhattan Project... for WAR?

The US put what percentage of the GDP into the Apollo Project... for WAR? (well, Cold War rivalry and missile technology investment masked as a national endeavor)

How much has been spent in Iraq? for WAR?

If we can spend so much time, energy and effort for WAR, why in the heck can't we invest in energy research?

Because the right wing swallowed the profiteering bait hook, line, and sinker that drilling is somehow better. Gullible idiots.
  • floorjackfloorjack Posts: 2,726member
    Quote:

If I recall correctly, the Bin Laden family was allowed to leave the country soon after the attacks... by airplane, despite all flights being grounded. Even HW Bush couldn't fly.

Then, suddenly, Saddam was the big Evil Enemy #1 who was going to enter our backyards and eat our BBQ grills.

The result was the world saw the US as a flagrant aggressor.

Obama, though he continued what was already starters, gave the image of a more peaceful nation. Had he ended everything outright, the world would have been happier, but the Right in the US would have revolted. That is also a funny question to many around the world: why do these "good Christian conservatives" who value life so much spend so much of their time hating everything and starting wars?

Of course that's wrong but?

Please tell me what Bin Laden's family was guilty of that they should not be allowed to leave if they chose to? Guilty by association?
  • brbr Posts: 8,253member
    All flights were grounded. Why was one family given special privileges?
  • floorjackfloorjack Posts: 2,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BR View Post

All flights were grounded. Why was one family given special privileges?

If you can't figure that out you're a fucking moron.
  • brbr Posts: 8,253member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

If you can't figure that out you're a fucking moron.

Ok, call me a fucking moron. Explain.
  • sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 16,190member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Oil companies, 1920:

There's oil aplenty in this Florida swampland, and I'll sell it to you REAL cheap!

Oil companies, 2010:

If you let us drill more and without stifling regulations (like the kind that would have prevented the Gulf oil spill), then your gas prices will go down, and it won't affect the environment at all!

Yep. There's a sucker born every minute.

Right, so we're still back to ignoring my examples on what increasing U.S. oil production does to the price of oil?
  • sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 16,190member
    Quote:

The US put what percentage of the GDP into the Manhattan Project... for WAR?

The US put what percentage of the GDP into the Apollo Project... for WAR? (well, Cold War rivalry and missile technology investment masked as a national endeavor)

How much has been spent in Iraq? for WAR?

If we can spend so much time, energy and effort for WAR, why in the heck can't we invest in energy research?

I'll answer the former....$20 billion. As for Iraq, are you proposing a $1.2 Trillion alternative energy program?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Because the right wing swallowed the profiteering bait hook, line, and sinker that drilling is somehow better. Gullible idiots.

Drilling is not "better." It's necessary. We need more production in the short term.