Apple's Q2 2012 earnings call to take place on April 24

Posted:
in AAPL Investors edited January 2014

Apple has announced that it will report its second fiscal quarter financial results on Tuesday, April 24 at 2:00 p.m. Pacific, 5:00 p.m. Eastern.

The Cupertino, Calif., company updated its Investor site on Tuesday to announce the timing of its conference call. Live streaming of the call will be available.

Apple reported a blowout December quarter on January 24. The company made a record $13 billion in profit on sales of 37 million iPhones, 15 million iPads and 5.2 million Macs.

Though Wall Street doesn't expect Apple to have as big a quarter as last time, it has steadily been raising its projections on the strength of the launch of the new iPad and sustained demand for the iPhone 4S.

Most recently, investment bank J.P. Morgan made "significant increases" to its iPhone and iPad estimates on Tuesday in response to updated research. Topeka Capital Markets initiated coverage of Apple on Monday with a stunning $1001 price target.

Shares of Apple closed at $618.63 on Monday, up 53 percent year to date.

[ View article on AppleInsider ]

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    When Apple makes its conference call on April 24th... you do suppose they do it on an iPhone, don't you?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    philipmphilipm Posts: 240member
    To think Apple stock bottomed out at about $3.80 in 1997. 15 years and two 2:1 stock splits later it's not doing too badly. Around about then I would have bought stock if I had the money. Had I put in $2000 back then (which I didn't have), today @ $618.63 I would have $1.3 million. Well done to Apple, and those who bought stock 15 years ago, for having the foresight to see that Apple would recover from its short-term crisis.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    cvaldes1831cvaldes1831 Posts: 1,832member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

When Apple makes its conference call on April 24th... you do suppose they do it on an iPhone, don't you?

Nah, they probably use a combination of professional-caliber teleconferencing equipment, probably a Polycom and some whiteboard software like Cisco Webex.

Besides, I wouldn't want to trust a very important conference call to an American mobile operator.

• Reply 4 of 5
    Here's a FUN fact:

Google makes only $1.70 a year per Android device.

Apple, by contrast, generated more than $575 for every iOS device it sold last year

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2012/04/...iid=SF_F_River
  • Reply 5 of 5
    blah64blah64 Posts: 993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by philipm View Post

To think Apple stock bottomed out at about $3.80 in 1997. 15 years and two 2:1 stock splits later it's not doing too badly. Around about then I would have bought stock if I had the money. Had I put in $2000 back then (which I didn't have), today @ $618.63 I would have $1.3 million.

The $3.81 is a split-adjusted price, which means you can't also include the splits in your calculation. Rather, take $625 (yes, another good bump today), divide by $3.81 and get a 164 multiplier. So $2000 invested back in 1997, if you were lucky enough to pick the exact day of the very bottom, would be $2k x 164 => $328,000. This is about 1/4 of your estimate, which is essentially backing out the 2 splits. Still, it's an incredible return, and AAPL is without a doubt the stock of the decade.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by philipm View Post

Well done to Apple, and those who bought stock 15 years ago, for having the foresight to see that Apple would recover from its short-term crisis.

Why thank you very much.