New iPad impressing more buyers, tops Consumer Reports tablet picks

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Yeah. If you'd read the thread instead of going for the reflexive dickhead you'd see that pretty much everyone (except a few people like you who are all excited about detecting fanboy hypocrisy) are either ignoring CR to speak directly to the iPad's assets, or shaking their heads about CR's strange personality. Or just dismissing CR altogether.

Exactly. Consumer Reports is supposed to represent consumers, but they've been Hell-bent on finding something scandalous with every Apple's iOS device of late, and praising hardware specs over great user experience, to the point where you start to question whether these guys are disconnected from what most consumers think and want. For me, it's moot because Consumer Reports doesn't speak for consumers; consumers speak for themselves and vote with their money. And Apple, as a brand, seems to be hitting the sweet spot with consumers, which is all that really ever mattered.
  • Reply 42 of 47
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Exactly. Consumer Reports is supposed to represent consumers, but they've been Hell-bent on finding something scandalous with every Apple's iOS device of late, and praising hardware specs over great user experience, to the point where you start to question whether these guys are disconnected from what most consumers think and want. For me, it's moot because Consumer Reports doesn't speak for consumers; consumers speak for themselves and vote with their money. And Apple, as a brand, seems to be hitting the sweet spot with consumers, which is all that really ever mattered.

CR's problem is that they're rapidly losing any value they might have otherwise had. You can get dozens of reviews for most products from the Internet for free, so you don't need to pay CR for their reviews any more.
  • Reply 43 of 47
    ljocampoljocampo Posts: 657member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

When you buy an iPad you're not just buying that device, you're buying "Apple"-- the stores and Genius bars, the easy integration amongst various devices, the iTunes hub, iCloud, control of the entire stack, etc. It's easy to assume that "customer satisfaction" is driven by cool hardware, but without even quite realizing it I think the average Apple buyer is also pleased by the ability to "relax" around not just the immediate purchase but everything that comes after, right up till it's time to get a new one.

May I add what I think is the best feature of all. That this Apple tablet purchase comes with more [free] iOS updates in one year than you'll ever get if you bought a brand new Android tablets in each of the next 5 years. A upgrade fact that is easily overlooked but more important for the longevity of their purchase.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't read your next paragraph where you state this before writing my comment. Normally I do read the whole thing before I reply. The one time I don't and puff there goes my integrity.
  • Reply 44 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnnyb0731 View Post

I may sound crazier here but the screen actually feels smoother if that makes any sense at all

It's not crazy at all. It's probably a few latent neurons firing off from all those ex-haptic rumors we had to endure.
  • Reply 45 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveMcM76 View Post

She can try if she wants but as I'm 36 and haven't lived with my parents since I left for Uni at 18 I'd hope I'm a bit beyond grounding at this point

Hahaha You are NEVER too old to be grounded by mommy! When I was 40 my mother tried that (I never did go out that night) and she was actually living in my house. Unless you're a [fill in] you still believe mommies rule!
  • Reply 46 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maccherry View Post

I have the new iPad 16 gig wifi only( I ain't paying for no goddam 4g!) and it is awesome as hell. Build quality is excellent and the screen is magnificent.

Here is my dream feature for the next iPad or the next after the next:

I want to be able to write on the ipad as if I'm writing on paper.

NO LAG. Or lag so minimal I wouldn't notice it.

That would be awesome!

Totally this

Do you think we are the same person?
  • Reply 47 of 47
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maccherry View Post

I have the new iPad 16 gig wifi only( I ain't paying for no goddam 4g!) and it is awesome as hell. Build quality is excellent and the screen is magnificent.

Here is my dream feature for the next iPad or the next after the next:

I want to be able to write on the ipad as if I'm writing on paper.

NO LAG. Or lag so minimal I wouldn't notice it.

That would be awesome!

Yea not going to happen. The device for that right now is the Motorola Xoom 2 or you can wait for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. I agree with you though after having a active digitizer on my Galaxy Note I want that feature for all of my tablets.