my contacts are trapped

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
My contacts are in three places, iphone, itunes and icloud - I want to get them uot, in batch, not 1-by-1 and get them into a CSV for two reasons, one immediate desire to import them into a new software tool I want to play with, and secondly, overall, I just want my contacts in a plain non proprietary format and I am frightened over all that my data is so locked down, I dont want one fucking vcard for every single contact!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer View Post

My contacts are in three places, iphone, itunes and icloud - I want to get them uot, in batch, not 1-by-1 and get them into a CSV for two reasons, one immediate desire to import them into a new software tool I want to play with, and secondly, overall, I just want my contacts in a plain non proprietary format and I am frightened over all that my data is so locked down, I dont want one fucking vcard for every single contact!

If you have them synced to your address book, you can export that as a CSV:

http://harvey.nu/apple_address_book_...nk_export.html

They are also stored in your iOS backups in an SQLite database, which you can open with an SQLite database program, run a query and get the contacts.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I don't think there's a way to remove contacts in batch. You have to remove them one by one.
  • Reply 3 of 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_greer View Post

I want to get them uot, in batch, not 1-by-1 and get them into a CSV

You can export your iphone contacts to your computer with copytrans Contacts. Depending on what kind of export method you use you can save the contacts in either a single vCard/CSV file or in the form of separate vCard contact entries.

The contact export works as shown below and is offline only: