Apple's 'iPanel' called 'far more than a TV,' expected to launch in 2012

Comments

• Reply 41 of 131
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Unless it is also a multi-touch screen, "iPanel" would be a rather bad name IMO.

Maybe it, or a portion of it will be touch screen. who knows at this point. We don't even know if this thing is real or a pile of sparkling unicorn poop
  • Reply 42 of 131
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by haar View Post

bigger is better, so i'm hoping that iPanel refers to wall sized TV..

80" inch sharp oh oh yes.

I agree, after seeing that 80" Sharp I have never felt the same about our 52"... I want an entire wall and a series of screen savers that are windows (no pun intended) with various views that move ...

p.s. not that my current one of palm trees and the Gulf of Mexico are bad ... I just long to see mountains and snow scenes once in a while
  • Reply 43 of 131
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

the i is just a naming trend. A marketing thing. it really means nothing in terms of use. After all, you can't get on the internet with your iPod nano or your iPod classic etc.

It's a display. If you wanted to search the web or read your email, great. If you wanted to hook your blu-ray, apple tv stb and cable to it, great.

Blu-Ray? That's that old 1920 x 1080 mid resolution stuff from the early part of the 21st Century isn't it?
  • Reply 44 of 131
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Only if it has a Blu-ray player built in¡
  • Reply 45 of 131
    mhiklmhikl Posts: 471member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

What problems?

That makes no sense. Do you really want Apple to pretend they're Prince?

What Problem? Have you not been following the lawsuit over iPad this past year?

Doesn't make sense? Really. A lot of what Apple does, doesn't make sense at first but then comes to make sense. Don't you remember the feminine napkin controversy?

Why do so many people find it difficult to think outside the box? Do I expect Apple to do this? Of course not. But I do expect Apple to think outside the box and come up with some answer to people or companies with the loot to purchase i Name who then try to run Apple ragged in the courts.

Tallest Skil, not trying to be rude, but I would suggest you not join (or be invited) to a think tank. Sometime great ideas come from the craziest ones.
  • Reply 46 of 131
    sticknicksticknick Posts: 123member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by openminded View Post

Whatever tv Apple decides to bring out, it will be overpriced, as per the usual Apple BS, and there will be MUCH BETTER products out there from competitors. But the fanboys will be sucked in by al the hype and show off how cool their new toy is to all of their friends.

• Reply 47 of 131
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mhikl View Post

What Problem? Have you not been following the lawsuit over iPad this past year?

Of course, I just don't recall anything specifically pertaining to the lower-case I that sticks out. It's the entire name itself that is the problem, I thought.

Quote:

Doesn't make sense? Really. A lot of what Apple does, doesn't make sense at first but then comes to make sense. Don't you remember the feminine napkin controversy?

No. Because only idiots ever even thought of that. No actual person on the street that didn't follow either Android crap or Apple crap so much as made a subconscious connection between the two items.

It just didn't happen.

Quote:

Tallest Skil, not trying to be rude, but I would suggest you not join (or be invited) to a think tank. Sometime great ideas come from the craziest ones.

I think I'll, uh, not comment on this to make you feel better.

There's craziness and then there's pointlessness. Pretending that  is pronounced "I" to get around a copyright is pretty dang pointless and rather infantile, I think.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sticknick View Post

[Yep.]

There's no trolling on AppleInsider, though.
  • Reply 48 of 131
    Quote:

Whatever tv Apple decides to bring out, it will be overpriced, as per the usual Apple BS, and there will be MUCH BETTER products out there from competitors. But the fanboys will be sucked in by al the hype and show off how cool their new toy is to all of their friends.

So your handle certainly isn't descriptive of your nature!
  • Reply 49 of 131
    Partial quote:

Quote:

There's craziness and then there's pointlessness. Pretending that  is pronounced "I" to get around a copyright is pretty dang pointless and rather infantile, I think.

Plus I ONLY just finally learned to say 'Command Key' ... not 'Apple Key' ... and I think this would just throw me into total mental confusion ...
  • Reply 50 of 131
    mhiklmhikl Posts: 471member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sticknick View Post

So sorry Sticknick - I F*** up in my excitement over openminded comments when I saw your perfect picture. Posts come so fast on this site at times it is difficult not to get too exuberant.

I am having a big prob wit this site. I keep getting sent to some search page every time I hit Return so my patience isn't what it should be so that is the excuse I am using for my hurry error.

I am refraining from calling openminded the name of your picture.

Let's see how it goes and what openminded should try to do?

THINK: Everyone figures Apple will charge in the vicinity of $1000 for its tablet but Apple brings out the iPad for $499 and the poor competition can't beat or equal the price using Apple standard components.

Think: Apple brings out the MBA at a huge price that makes profits. Dell follows with a huge price too but Apple has been able to cut the price so dearly that Dell has to pull its copy.

Think: Apple has the cash to control the market in supply parts and the others now struggle to beat Apples price.

Not knowing this is why you are your picture.
  • Reply 51 of 131
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Plus I ONLY just finally learned to say 'Command Key' ... not 'Apple Key' ... and I think this would just throw me into total mental confusion ...

I still say "Open Apple". Raised on an Apple ][, so I had to distinguish open and closed.
  • Reply 52 of 131
    Stupid question: would calling it an iTelevision get around the iTV trademark?

A quick Google search only shows apple rumours...
  • Reply 53 of 131
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member
    No, I don't think they are going after the 80 inch market. From knowing Apple, they will determine what the sweet spot in terms of size. So you look at the various 1080p TVs, what is the most popular sizes sold? I think they'll go after the 45, 50, 55, 60 model range first. Most likely the 45 to 55 inch range. The people that go after a 80 inch are more likely to get a screen with a projection system, which you have to use an iMac media server.

I would really love to see Apple create a really, really nice media server software that was catering to the audiophile/videophile community similar to that of Amarra or that type of product with video, 24/96 files, etc.
  • Reply 54 of 131
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member
    Quote:

Wow. You sound bitter.

Own a lot of Nokia / RIM / Microsoft / HTC / Google stock?
  • Reply 55 of 131
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Or perhaps iShortSomeStock?
  • Reply 56 of 131
    desarcdesarc Posts: 642member
    *sigh* shut up and take my money again you beautiful bastards.
  • Reply 57 of 131
    Quote:

I still say "Open Apple". Raised on an Apple ][, so I had to distinguish open and closed.

Oh the memories ...
  • Reply 58 of 131
    utsavautsava Posts: 53member
    Quote:

How open minded of you.

Whatever TV Apple decides to bring out, there will be "open minded" people who will hate it, when they've never used it or even intend to buy it because some other competitor (who first and foremost is NOT Apple) has a bullet list of the same "features", regardless of how well implemented said features are. But the haters will be sucked in by all the non-Appleness and show off how "me too" their ugly, poorly implemented, but slightly cheaper knockoff is to all their friends.
  • Reply 59 of 131
    desarcdesarc Posts: 642member
    Quote:

if your definition of MUCH BETTER means more gigapixels or picoflops or femtowatts or 3D megawidgets, then you may be right.

to 99% of consumers, MUCH BETTER means easier and more enjoyable to use, and this is why apple is the most profitable company on the planet.
  • Reply 60 of 131
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Quote:

'show off how cool their new toy is to all of their friends'??? cute

Now go and do your home work!