Biographer says Steve Jobs was legitimately infuriated by Android

Comments

• Reply 81 of 291
    iccguyiccguy Posts: 20member
    thanks island hermit ... I was not aware of that feature. Will do.
  • Reply 82 of 291
    hellacoolhellacool Posts: 759member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Because it wasn't.

My fault. It was so outlandish and ridiculous I thought it had to be.
  • Reply 83 of 291
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iccguy View Post

thanks island hermit ... I was not aware of that feature. Will do.

• Reply 84 of 291
    luxom3luxom3 Posts: 96member
    Come on guys - step away from the Kool-aid stand...

Apple's entire original OS was "inspired" by Xerox's UI- everyone knows that. But you don't see Xerox suing Apple today.

The "widget" interface, though used by Apple, is pretty much everywhere now - even without Google.

And REALLY now, would you REALLY want Steve to spend all $45B of (then) Apple's war chest on going after Google? As successful as Steve was, the board would fire him (AGAIN) over that.

Tim's management is beginning to impress me personally - he is addressing issues Steve largely ignored (dividends, worker conditions, cop orate dividends).

Steve was a great product visionary, but I have a feeling, Cook is a better managing CEO.
  • Reply 85 of 291
    mjtomlinmjtomlin Posts: 2,673member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DrDoppio View Post

I expected this comment an hour ago. "Almost verbatim" is a bit of an oxymoron, isn't it?

Nearly identical

Almost verbatim

Extremely similar

These are all perfectly valid methods of describing how close they compare with each other.
  • Reply 86 of 291
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,897member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

You forgot the /s tag.

I don't know what that is.
  • Reply 87 of 291
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WelshDog View Post

I don't know what that is.

I noticed.
  • Reply 88 of 291
    Quote:

I noticed.

No really what is /s?
  • Reply 89 of 291
    Quote:

No really what is /s?

Sarcasm.
  • Reply 90 of 291
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LuxoM3 View Post

Come on guys - step away from the Kool-aid stand...

Apple's entire original OS was "inspired" by Xerox's UI- everyone knows that. But you don't see Xerox suing Apple today.

The "widget" interface, though used by Apple, is pretty much everywhere now - even without Google.

And REALLY now, would you REALLY want Steve to spend all $45B of (then) Apple's war chest on going after Google? As successful as Steve was, the board would fire him (AGAIN) over that.

Tim's management is beginning to impress me personally - he is addressing issues Steve largely ignored (dividends, worker conditions, cop orate dividends).

Steve was a great product visionary, but I have a feeling, Cook is a better managing CEO.

The bolded part... you need to learn more about this.

The rest I can agree with for the most part.
  • Reply 91 of 291
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:

No really what is /s?

"/s" is commonly appended to posts to denote sarcasm. I think it's a play on the way BBCode is formatted (For example, quoting is ended by /QUOTE in brackets).
  • Reply 92 of 291
    mjtomlinmjtomlin Posts: 2,673member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LuxoM3 View Post

Apple's entire original OS was "inspired" by Xerox's UI- everyone knows that. But you don't see Xerox suing Apple today..

A year before Apple went to Xerox they started working on a powerful graphics engine (later became known as QuickDraw). The idea to use that engine to create a graphical user interface was inspired by Xerox. Not the "entire OS". Not only that, Apple paid to talk with Xerox's engineers, and made it clear that they were going to make a consumer product based on those ideas. And not only that, hired a few of the original engineers from Xerox. At the time Xerox was not interested in a consumer computer, but targeted the enterprise... they wanted to create a paperless office. Furthermore, Xerox DID sue Apple.
  • Reply 93 of 291
    Quote:

Sarcasm.

So what, it like activates some special feature on the forum?
  • Reply 94 of 291
    Quote:

So what, it like activates some special feature on the forum?

You messing with me
  • Reply 95 of 291

So Larry, you're a liar, a plagiarist, and a complete moron to boot. Count me out, I've now lost all trust in Google's products and services, so sad for a once admired company.
  • Reply 96 of 291
    Quote:

You messing with me

Yes and you fell for it.
  • Reply 97 of 291
    Quote:

Yes and you fell for it.

Touche salesman.
  • Reply 98 of 291
    Quote:

And keep breathing, kind of important. Oh and raise my family not trying and run from my own son and deny my paternity. Being a good father far out weighs anything Steve'o may have accomplished.

"Sorry son, I dis-own you but look at this cool phone".

Quote:
    Originally Posted by iccguy View Post

What a despicable excuse for a human being you are. Making fun of the dead? Really? How low can a person go? I think you are living (unfortunately) proof!

Hellacool: I think your comments disparaging a deceased person who wasn't a murderous psychopath concretely shows that you are NOT a good father. I feel sorry for your kid and anyone else that is forced to interact with you IRL.
  • Reply 99 of 291
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by freckledbruh View Post

Hellacool: I think your comments disparaging a deceased person who wasn't a murderous psychopath concretely shows that you are NOT a good father. I feel sorry for your kid and anyone else that is forced to interact with you IRL.

If the truth about Steve'o hurts, maybe you should re-look the person whose ground you worship. You can not argue my comments.
  • Reply 100 of 291
    Quote:

And keep breathing, kind of important. Oh and raise my family not trying and run from my own son and deny my paternity. Being a good father far out weighs anything Steve'o may have accomplished.

"Sorry son, I dis-own you but look at this cool phone".

As a father you set a terrible example for your children by dancing on someone's grave. Ya, you've got a reason to brag