Samsung announces estimated $40B in revenue, $5B in profit for Q1 2012

Comments

• Reply 121 of 227
    mj4ev3rmj4ev3r Posts: 99member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

I already sold it. Purchased for 34K and change and sold for $28K and change two years and a few months later. I did OK IMO.

But I thought you were originally complaining about Hyundai's quality and not resale value. Did you change the focus because BMW has lower reliability ratings than Hyundai?

EDIT: A check today still shows the resale value as $22-23K. Not bad for a 5 year old gas-guzzling 3-row SUV.

Show me the evidence--people can always claim, hehe! BTW, resale value is directly proportional to reliability--since WHY would you buy a lemon?

PS--it should be I HAD, NOT I have, IF you really sold it already

"I have, a 2008 VeraCruz and had no quality complaints or reliability issues. Excellent value for the money IMHO. I feel it compared very favorably, quality-wise, with my wife's previous car, an Infiniti FX45 tho not near as fun to drive."--Gatorguy
  • Reply 122 of 227
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

I don't remember any breakdown being done in that manner. So neither of us know the reality of the situation.

But the best-selling Android phones are reported to be the high-end ones.

Just because the best selling individual phones might be high-end models does not mean that most Android phones sold are high-end models. Your logic is seriously flawed.

People think Apple users are the ones living in the reality distortion field. Android fans who think that 850,000 high-end phones are being sold a day are the ones who need a reality check.
  • Reply 123 of 227
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,176member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MJ4Ev3r View Post

Show me the evidence--people can always claim, hehe! BTW, resale value is directly proportional to reliability--since WHY would you buy a lemon?

PS--it should be I HAD, NOT I have, IF you really sold it already

"I have, a 2008 VeraCruz and had no quality complaints or reliability issues. Excellent value for the money IMHO. I feel it compared very favorably, quality-wise, with my wife's previous car, an Infiniti FX45 tho not near as fun to drive."--Gatorguy

No sir, I worded it quite properly. I said "Have you owned one? I have (owned one), (COMMA) and had (past tense) no quality complaints. . ."

Just read more carefully.
  • Reply 124 of 227
    Quote:

BTW, have you driven a BMW before--you don't know FUN until you drive a BMW--it makes you feel like you are James Bond

Yeah, like the guy with the M3 at the track with us last weekend who wrote off his car. Set off all the airbags and crunched all corners of his car.

He thought his car handled "like it was on rails". Doesn't mean it can defy the laws of physics.

BTW, I have nothing against BMW's. In fact, I'm a huge German car fan.
  • Reply 125 of 227
    Quote:

No sir, I worded it quite properly. I said "Have you owned one? I have, (COMMA) and had (past tense) no quality complaints. . ."

Just read more carefully.

Unfortunately I do NOT know you, and can't rely totally on your post--IF you show me the check I will believe you
  • Reply 126 of 227
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

Yeah, like the guy with the M3 at the track with us last weekend who wrote off his car. Set off all the airbags and crunched all corners of his car.

He thought his car handled "like it was on rails". Doesn't mean it can defy the laws of physics.

BTW, I have nothing against BMW's. In fact, I'm a huge German car fan.

wrote off?
  • Reply 127 of 227
    Quote:

Unfortunately I do NOT know you, and can't rely totally on your post--IF you show me the check I will believe you

Of course you don't want to believe me, which wouldn't change the industry studies and surveys that found Hyundai with a better quality ranking than BMW. Without anything from the industry that disputes it (you don't have anything do you?), there's no need to continue a discussion about personal experiences that's strayed far off the original thread topic
  • Reply 128 of 227
    Quote:

Of course you don't want to believe me, which wouldn't change the industry studies and surveys that found Hyundai with a better quality ranking than BMW.

LOL! Then EXPLAIN to me the dramatically LOW scores Kia/Hyundai get as the car gets older--as I said those disposable cars have NO resale value because they do NOT last--they go straight to the junk yard--and don't post saying you SOLD your Kia because I will NOT believe you--show me the check!

As for BMW go get its reliability ratings UNDER Luxury cars!

BTW--Veracruz resale value is rated BELOW average compared to other brands of the same class!
  • Reply 129 of 227
    Quote:

LOL! Then EXPLAIN to me the dramatically LOW scores Kia/Hyundai get as the car gets older--as I said those disposable cars have NO resale value because they do NOT last--they go straight to the junk yard--and don't post saying you SOLD your Kia because I will NOT believe you--show me the check!

Give me your name and address and we'll get together to compare notes. I don't believe you're a real adult and own two BMW's
  • Reply 130 of 227
    Quote:

Give me your name and address and we'll get together to compare notes.

No, I will not give you my information! I assess people based on their tastes and choice of products: high quality versus low, long-term versus disposable, expensive versus cheap! I already have the 2008 Hyundai resale rating anyway--BELOW average (proves MY point) so why deal with someone like you, LOL! I am and I do!
  • Reply 131 of 227
    Quote:

No, I will not give you my information! I assess people based on their tastes and choice of products: high quality versus low, long-term versus disposable, expensive versus cheap! I already have the 2008 Hyundai resale rating anyway--BELOW average, so why deal with someone like you, LOL!

Thank you for clarifying. You've changed to discussing resale value rather than better quality or reliability, the part you were initially mistaken about.

Now perhaps everyone can get back to the original topic.
  • Reply 132 of 227
    Quote:

Thank you for clarifying. You've changed to discussing resale value rather than better quality or reliability, the part you were initially mistaken about.

Now perhaps everyone can get back to the original topic.

AGAIN, AGAIN!

Then EXPLAIN to me the dramatically LOW reliability scores Kia/Hyundai get as the car gets older--as I said those disposable cars have NO resale value because they do NOT last--lemons that go straight to the junk yard--and don't post saying you SOLD your Kia because I will NOT believe you--show me the check!

BTW--Veracruz resale value is rated BELOW average compared to other brands of the same class!
  • Reply 133 of 227
    Then simply post a link that shows BMW with better overall reliability or quality ratings than Hyundai. Otherwise all your personal experiences with the brand are just that. . . personal.

I've no doubt the other readers are already tired of this and ready to get back on topic.
  • Reply 134 of 227
    Quote:

Then simply post a link that shows BMW with better overall reliability or quality ratings than Hyundai. Otherwise all your personal experiences with the brand are just that. . . personal.

I've no doubt the other readers are already tired of this and ready to get back on topic.

LOL--the 2 are NOT even on the SAME level! It's like comparing Apple and Samsung, an iOS and an Android---hilarious and totally PREPOSTEROUS!
  • Reply 135 of 227
    tooltalktooltalk Posts: 766member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Components Apple paid for, not components they stole.

PS: Samsung phones are filled with components they don't make.

No, you can steal cpu's and flash chips, but you can't steal ideas. This is precisely why the patent system in this country is so screwed up.
  • Reply 136 of 227
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by uguysrnuts View Post

That's your opinion.

The alternatives are junk and it shows in the end product.

Samsung's R&D also already covered by Apple, so Samsung can absorb zero percent margin as they deservingly should.

LOL! what? Samsung's Galaxy R&D is already covered by Apple?

Are you saying Apple with all its magnomity is paying Samsung to develop its own Galaxy lines to avoid anti-trust?

man, you fanbois logic is ..
  • Reply 137 of 227
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zunx View Post

Samsung margin: abount 10%.

Apple margin: about 50%.

Apple products are great, but OVERPRICED!!!

Well, actually Samsung Semi's margin is around 15%; Appliance & Media's margin is razor-thin; while LCD's is sometimes I think in the negative terrotory. I think Samsung Mobile's porfit was also around 15% last quarter. So the net aggregate for the entire company, I think, was around 8 or 9% as of last quarter.

I'm guessing that Samsung's mobile's revenue and profit now account for at least 35% or 40% of the entire company (Samsung Electronics). Also compare that to iPhones' share of Apple's revenue : 70%.
  • Reply 138 of 227
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Youarewrong View Post

Most of these profits come from the Galaxy S II and the Galaxy Note. I don't see how these are iPhone copies.

no need to pay any attention to the fanbois.. in their eyes, everything is Apple copycat
  • Reply 139 of 227
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

Just because the best selling individual phones might be high-end models does not mean that most Android phones sold are high-end models. Your logic is seriously flawed.

People think Apple users are the ones living in the reality distortion field. Android fans who think that 850,000 high-end phones are being sold a day are the ones who need a reality check.

I never said that most Android phones are high-end models. In fact, I said that I have never seen Android sales broken down by model, that you have not either, and that you have no idea of the proportions.

I mean REALLY.
  • Reply 140 of 227
    Quote:

I assess people based on their tastes and choice of products

I once bought an iPod. What is your assessment of me?