Libertarianism

Comments

• mj1970mj1970 Posts: 9,002member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BR View Post

There's zero controversy about evolution amongst the scientifically literate. There's only manufactured controversy from the ignorant pushing their Iron Age agendum. Wow is right.

That's not what the "wow" was about. But I don't expect you to get it.

Anyway...do I get to call you economically illiterate when you subscribe the astrology of economics...Keynesianism?
  • trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,299member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BR View Post

Cancer research is done in the context of biological science, of which evolution is a key scientific theory explaining that field. You deny evolution, you deny science. I'm not lying. You are.

Most medical treatment and most social services are the antithesis of believing in evolution. In advocating for them you absolutely deny science. I'm not lying, you are denying science.
  • jazzgurujazzguru Posts: 6,435member
    “Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others?” — Thomas Jefferson

I find it bizarre that proponents of the State (statists) claim that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself, yet propose as the solution to this "problem" that other men (who also cannot be trusted with the government of themselves) govern him.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

?Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others?? ? Thomas Jefferson

I find it bizarre that proponents of the State (statists) claim that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself, yet propose as the solution to this "problem" that other men (who also cannot be trusted with the government of themselves) govern him.

Stop introducing logic. Quit promoting ignorance and unscientific thinking!
    “I was taught very early on that the state can be, and is, a liar and a murderer.” — Christopher Hitchens
  • splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member

Quote:

Originally Posted by BR View Post

Cancer research is done in the context of biological science, of which evolution is a key scientific theory explaining that field. You deny evolution, you deny science. I'm not lying. You are.

If you were a libertarian, you wouldn't care, because there would be nothing about his beliefs that would materially impact your way of life.

• brbr Posts: 8,313member

Teaching the next generation of children that science isn't real will result in us having to buy the technological innovations created by the rest of the world as opposed to making and selling them ourselves.  I'm not a libertarian anymore (because I grew up), but even if I were, his nonsensical beliefs being passed down to his children do materially impact my way of life.

And when Simon gets sick and can't afford healthcare?  Die in the streets?

Do you really want to start? You got the other thread locked with all your profanity. Maybe you should cool down a bit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Do you really want to start? You got the other thread locked with all your profanity. Maybe you should cool down a bit.

I think that he got exactly what he wanted over there. He was at risk of being exposed as the hypocrite that he is and wanted to smoke screen it until no one noticed. The thread getting locked was a gift to him.

It's not polite to talk about someone in the third person when he's standing right here.  I thought you were supposed to be the polite one.  :(

I had a legitimate question.  And the two of you were really rude to me.  :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by BR View Post

I had a legitimate question.  And the two of you were really rude to me.  :(

What was your question and how was I rude?

I also had a legitimate question and you were unquestionably rude and evasive.

Scroll up.  You had your own little private conversation about me out in public, right in front of me.  So mean.  :(

Quote:

Scroll up.  You had your own little private conversation about me out in public, right in front of me.  So mean.  :(

Yep.

And so will you ever answer the question?

I did.  You didn't like the answer.  C'est la vie.

Quote:

I did.  You didn't like the answer.  C'est la vie.

Really? Since you did why don't repeat the answer to why you think the government must recognize these various marriages? You could even point to the post where you answered that question. But since you already answered (unless you're lying), it should be no problem to answer it directly and clearly right here and right now.

If I recall, his answer to the question was that he refused to answer the question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

If I recall, his answer to the question was that he refused to answer the question.

Of course. It's because he knows it would expose his hypocrisy. Oh well. It's there for all to see anyway.

There's the rudeness again.  For someone who's so uptight about language and manners, you sure don't show any.  Here, look, I did you the courtesy of copying my response from the other thread.  I did answer your dumb question.  You just choose not to accept it.

Let me let you in on a little secret...government...is made of...PEOPLE.  Look, you have every right to do your best to convince enough people that government sucks and we should strip it away entirely.  But in the meantime...while your ideas are nowhere close to mainstream...how about we work together to fix some of the things we can--starting with some of these "band-aids" you so callously call them.  The parents who have lost custody of their adopted children because the state never recognized their marriages don't see these changes as "band-aids."  The people who could not be with their spouses in their last hours because they were barred visitation don't see these changes as "band-aids."  Nor should you.