HTC profits collapse 70% in face of competition from Apple, Samsung

1235

Comments

  • tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 40,277member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


    There is nothing secure about not wanting an iPhone because "everyone owns one."



    I like how both meanings of secure are included in that sentence.
  • relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post


    I get fantastic battery life but I dont play any games etc like some other people do. I left it off charge for 15 hours the other day and it only went down to 73%.



    Also, nice to have a proper notification light! It's very close to the top of the case so very obvious to see.



    I could never go back to a 3.5" screen now, in fact my work gave me a 4S but I used it for one day and it now sits in my office. Everything else in my house is nearly Apple but phonewise I can't see myself going away from Android for a while...but then again I thought the same thing about the iPhone a year ago lol.



    Thank you for your reply, that sounds really amazing. It's kind of strange that company's buy iPhones, I mean you need a multimedia player installed to sync with Hotmail. I hope Apple drops the whole iTunes thing and just allows an iPhone to be mounted as a regular drive.
  • relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


    I'm not putting you down, I'm saying your comments are irrational. Making mostly rational comments still means your post is irrational if say the things you do.



    Part of this disconnect I see in your posts is that you think the word has more importance than the implied meaning or context. It shows you write emotionally, without any regard for reason. This is why you think telling me to bugger off which we all know means to fuck off,, is perfectly acceptable, yet anyone that disagrees your posts, not even against you as a person, you say is personal attacking you. I don't mind you being emotional, but I do mind when you are making irrational and hypocritical statements.



    PS: There is nothing secure about not wanting an iPhone because "everyone owns one."



    It's hard not to be emotional when your dying but as being hypocritical I don't understand. Why is that. It doesn't matter anymore I just come here to get my mind off of my situation. I spend all day with my family and friends and at the night I lurk here trying to pretend everything is normal and I'm just a geek like everyone else. I'm sorry, I won't come back any more. I don't think I even have the strength to read anymore let alone typing. I'm so drugged it takes me 20min to reply.
  • jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


    It's a shame that people will not chose something because it came from Apple.



    [QUOTE=fredaroony;2091129]Most of the comments in this forum are childish at best and with 1727 posts I'm sure this doesn't surprise you The iPhone is a great phone but it's shame some people can't see the value in something that doesn't come from Apple.



    The funny part is that in another thread, Relic denied that any significant number of people went out of their way to avoid Apple products simply because they were from Apple.
  • island hermitisland hermit Posts: 6,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post


    It's hard not to be emotional when your dying but as being hypocritical I don't understand. Why is that. It doesn't matter anymore I just come here to get my mind off of my situation. I spend all day with my family and friends and at the night I lurk here trying to pretend everything is normal and I'm just a geek like everyone else. I'm sorry, I won't come back any more. I don't think I even have the strength to read anymore let alone typing. I'm so drugged it takes me 20min to reply.



    I don't understand why you can't go to an Android forum and unload yourself on them. They'd benefit much more from your comments than most people on this site.
  • uguysrnutsuguysrnuts Posts: 459member
    I think people just get tired with whatever they have at some point, but cannot or will not articulate it. I guess it would make too much sense if let's say I am tired of the iPhone, that I would abandon AI and seek out Samsung focused forums. This way, since I am now a Note enthusiast, I would be posting with like minded people in a forum that caters to that platform.



    For example, when I had a Honda Accord, I was posting in Honda related forums. Now that I have a Subaru, I look for all things Subaru.



    For some reason, this does not seem to apply to computers.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


    I'm not putting you down, I'm saying your comments are irrational. Making mostly rational comments still means your post is irrational if say the things you do.



    Part of this disconnect I see in your posts is that you think the word has more importance than the implied meaning or context. It shows you write emotionally, without any regard for reason. This is why you think telling me to bugger off which we all know means to fuck off,, is perfectly acceptable, yet anyone that disagrees your posts, not even against you as a person, you say is personal attacking you. I don't mind you being emotional, but I do mind when you are making irrational and hypocritical statements.



    PS: There is nothing secure about not wanting an iPhone because "everyone owns one."



  • island hermitisland hermit Posts: 6,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by uguysrnuts View Post


    I think people just get tired with whatever they have at some point, but cannot or will not articulate it. I guess it would make too much sense if let's say I am tired of the iPhone, that I would abandon AI and seek out Samsung focused forums. This way, since I am now a Note enthusiast, I would be posting with like minded people in a forum that caters to that platform.



    For example, when I had a Honda Accord, I was posting in Honda related forums. Now that I have a Subaru, I look for all things Subaru.



    For some reason, this does not seem to apply to computers.



    I know that I don't go to Android forums to learn more about my Apple products. ... and I think it would be sad and pathetic if I went to an Android forum to brag about my iPhone... and totally fucked up if I went to an android forum to actually argue the iPhone's attributes. Oddly enough, though, Android fans find it totally acceptable to come here to tell us all about their Note or OneX or whatever, brag about it and argue Android's merits to their hearts content.



    To each his own I guess. Not sure what they are trying to accomplish.



    I still think AI pays them to come here.
  • uguysrnutsuguysrnuts Posts: 459member
    You know that would make too much sense.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post


    I don't understand why you can't go to an Android forum and unload yourself on them. They'd benefit much more from your comments than most people on this site.



  • island hermitisland hermit Posts: 6,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by uguysrnuts View Post


    You know that would make too much sense.



    I mentioned this before and a couple of clowns came down on me for mentioning it.
  • uguysrnutsuguysrnuts Posts: 459member
    I have yet to be in an Android forum. When that day comes, I won't be singing Apple's the best because that would be inappropriate.



    Many posts here are obvious link baits. But then, there are some members that simply truly lost and this is their best attempt at a social life.



    In case someone finds this post ironic, I am in the middle of writing essays for my master's degree, and this is my way of winding down.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post


    I know that I don't go to Android forums to learn more about my Apple products. Oddly enough, though, Android fans tend to come here to tell us all about their Note or OneX or whatever.



    I still think AI pays them to come here.



  • relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post


    I don't understand why you can't go to an Android forum and unload yourself on them. They'd benefit much more from your comments than most people on this site.



    It's hard to believe but I'm a very big fan of Apple computers. Most of my computers are still Apple except for my mobile stuff and even then I just recently switched over from Apple to Android. I used to be like everyone else on here death to Android and all of that noise until I actually got one. Now that I know it's just a mobile version of Linux I'm in love. As a programmer it couldn't be better. So now I'm a Android user and I think it's great. I still have a iPad though, a new one to. My family and friends pulled together and got me one for my birthday that I spent in a hospital.



    I don't hang out here because I hate Apple that would be non productive and down right weird. I'm just tired of hearing people talking negative of something that they don't own or use. That's why I reply the way I do.
  • island hermitisland hermit Posts: 6,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post


    It's hard to believe but I'm a very big fan of Apple computers. Most of my computers are still Apple except for my mobile stuff and even then I just recently switched over from Apple to Android. I used to be like everyone else on here death to Android and all of that noise until I actually got one. Now that I know it's just a mobile version of Linux I'm in love. As a programmer it couldn't be better. So now I'm a Android user and I think it's great. I still have a iPad though, a new one to. My family and friends pulled together and got me one for my birthday that I spent in a hospital.



    I don't hang out here because I hate Apple that would be non productive and down right weird. I'm just tired of hearing people talking negative of something that they don't own or use. That's why I reply the way I do.



    Well, then, skip the negative comments about Android and talk about the positive aspects of the Apple products you own.



    It just doesn't make sense to go on and on abut how great Android products are on an Apple centric forum.



    It's just nuts in my opinion.



    ... and I don't believe you when you say you don't hate Apple.
  • relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post


    I know that I don't go to Android forums to learn more about my Apple products. ... and I think it would be sad and pathetic if I went to an Android forum to brag about my iPhone... and totally fucked up if I went to an android forum to actually argue the iPhone's attributes. Oddly enough, though, Android fans find it totally acceptable to come here to tell us all about their Note or OneX or whatever, brag about it and argue Android's merits to their hearts content.



    To each his own I guess. Not sure what they are trying to accomplish.



    I still think AI pays them to come here.



    Actually I'm in quite a few Android related forums and a lot of them talk about their iPhones all of the time and not in a negative way. In fact I find better support in Android forums then I do in Apple forums when I need assistance with my iPad because people who use Android seem to be more tech savy, go figure.
  • solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post


    It's hard not to be emotional when your dying but as being hypocritical I don't understand. Why is that.



    1) You can be emotional and still be rational. This is a tech based forum not a book club.



    2) I've already noted the hypocrisy.



    Quote:

    It doesn't matter anymore I just come here to get my mind off of my situation.



    No reasonable person will have any problem with that.



    Quote:

    I spend all day with my family and friends and at the night I lurk here trying to pretend everything is normal and I'm just a geek like everyone else. [...] I don't think I even have the strength to read anymore let alone typing. I'm so drugged it takes me 20min to reply.



    I'm sorry for your situation, as noted when you first mentioned it, but it's irrelevant to the topical discussion. I would be a hypocrite I would treat your logic differently from anyone else's.



    I respect a lot of posts on this forum but I oft disagree with them and them with me. Respect isn't blindly agreeing with someone. I read what they write and respond as effectively as possible because I want them to respect my words. That is the only truth we have in a text-based arena.



    Quote:

    I'm sorry, I won't come back any more.



    That just sounds like you are looking for pity and being dramatic. That simply doesn't work in this medium.





    Quote:
    Originally Posted by uguysrnuts View Post


    I think people just get tired with whatever they have at some point, but cannot or will not articulate it. I guess it would make too much sense if let's say I am tired of the iPhone, that I would abandon AI and seek out Samsung focused forums. This way, since I am now a Note enthusiast, I would be posting with like minded people in a forum that caters to that platform.



    For example, when I had a Honda Accord, I was posting in Honda related forums. Now that I have a Subaru, I look for all things Subaru.



    I frequent other forums but usually to read. I rarely have little to offer Android forums so I don't respond. I've never posted on them that they should all get iPhones, but perhaps I would if less people would come to Apple-centric forums to say how Android is better than iOS.



    Quote:

    For some reason, this does not seem to apply to computers.



    A lot of things have never applied to Apple products. Even as Apple grew and AnandTech started covering more of their products you still see juvenile comments about how Apple sucks, how Anand is now an Apple fanboy, and complaints against any detailed lengthy review of an Apple product that is released once a year while some poorly selling Android-based device doesn't get the same treatment. Anand does do plenty of lengthy reviews of flagship Android-based products that far outnumber the 1 iPhone or 1 iPad released each year but they can't cover all variations of all new Android-based products.



    PS: What are the chances this won't make national headlines?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post


    I used to be like everyone else on here death to Android and all of that noise until I actually got one.



    There are few people on this forum that suggest such a thing. I've never said it nor do I recall Island Hermit implying it.



    Quote:

    Now that I know it's just a mobile version of Linux I'm in love. As a programmer it couldn't be better.



    Now? You didn't know Android used Linux kernel before you you owned it? That seems unlikely to me, especially for someone who is a programmer. I am the farthest thing from a programmer and i can tell you the foundation of every major OS on the market.



    Quote:

    So now I'm a Android user and I think it's great.



    No reasonable person will have any problem with that.



    Quote:

    I don't hang out here because I hate Apple that would be non productive and down right weird. I'm just tired of hearing people talking negative of something that they don't own or use. That's why I reply the way I do.



    So you read something you feel is incorrect and then reply accordingly? That's why I reply the way I do.
  • island hermitisland hermit Posts: 6,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post


    Actually I'm in quite a few Android related forums and a lot of them talk about their iPhones all of the time and not in a negative way. In fact I find better support in Android forums then I do in Apple forums when I need assistance with my iPad because people who use Android seem to be more tech savy, go figure.



    This goes against everything I have ever heard from Android people on this forum. I've heard over and over again how Apple is hardly mentioned, if ever, on Android forums.



    So I call bullshit.
  • uguysrnutsuguysrnuts Posts: 459member
    As you already probably know, there exist a breed of Apple owners that are worst detractors of Apple than genuine Apple haters (those that do not own or would not be caught with an Apple product).



    It's pathological; but hey, to each his or her own.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post


    Well, then, skip the negative comments about Android and talk about the positive aspects of the Apple products you own.



    It just doesn't make sense to go on and on abut how great Android products are on an Apple centric forum.



    It's just nuts in my opinion.



    ... and I don't believe you when you say you don't hate Apple.



  • tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 40,277member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post


    I've heard over and over again how Apple is hardly mentioned, if ever, on Android forums.



    Well, hardly ever defended, at least. They're mentioned, all right.



    Say, now? ?seems there AREN'T any Apple fans wasting their time trolling Android forums. How odd, eh?
  • solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by uguysrnuts View Post


    As you already probably know, there exist a breed of Apple owners that are worst detractors of Apple than genuine Apple haters (those that do not own or would not be caught with an Apple product).



    It's pathological; but hey, to each his or her own.



    That's likely common for most things. The attempts by <name_one> to try to make <name_two> look bad just make <name_one> look worse.
  • uguysrnutsuguysrnuts Posts: 459member
    I don't know about anyone else, but my time is money. I neither have the luxury nor the time for pissing contests.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


    Well, hardly ever defended, at least. They're mentioned, all right.



    Say, now? ?seems there AREN'T any Apple fans wasting their time trolling Android forums. How odd, eh?



  • uguysrnutsuguysrnuts Posts: 459member
    Some are more toxic than others. Some do it for bravado and the need for validation. Some are truly clueless.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


    That's likely common for most things. The attempts by <name_one> to try to make <name_two> look bad just make <name_one> look worse.



Sign In or Register to comment.