Apple stock closes down 4.15% in largest point drop plunge

Comments

• Reply 21 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

Or a broken clock will be right twice a day.

To island hermit: next time you have some stock tips, please let me know. I have some money that I'm looking to invest and seeing you predicted this you should be able to predict other changes as well. Let's get rich together.

Never ever take stock advice from someone on the internet... but you already know that.
  • Reply 22 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ric2 View Post

I am betting it is reluctant institutional selling. End of quarter and they have sell some shares to keep under their 5% holding rule. Stock price should rebound as soon as this selling is done.

Rebound as soon as the selling is done?

Let's see the quarterly first.
  • Reply 23 of 78
    bushman4bushman4 Posts: 858member
    Buying Opportunity for those that want to get in. Run has been too far too fast. Earnings should be good ,however good with Apple is not good enough. The earnings on the 24th have to be Pristine.

Be aware though if the market pulls back........so will Apple
  • Reply 24 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

AAPL will begin to climb again soon. Exactly when is anybody's guess. Next week's earnings should be interesting.

And if the earnings don't meet expectations do you really think that the 3rd or 4th fiscal earnings will be any better in July and October?

These guys will dump AAPL using the excuse that Apple didn't match the holiday quarter. That's all they need for a small panic.
  • Reply 25 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Rebound as soon as the selling is done?

Let's see the quarterly first.

It will certainly be interesting. In the past the market has reacted to incredible news witha selloff, but that seems to be going on now. Most of these gamers like to bet against AAPL. They have always lost. Maybe the manipulators know something we don't. Or maybe they are just manipulating the market like they always do. Perhaps it is time to add a couple hundred more shares. I usually miss the bottom, I'll have to check the price more often tomorrow.
  • Reply 26 of 78
    Quote:

And if the earnings don't meet expectations do you really think that the 3rd or 4th fiscal earnings will be any better in July and October?

These guys will dump AAPL using the excuse that Apple didn't match the holiday quarter. That's all they need for a small panic.

The problem with meeting expectations is that the expectations are all over the map, does Apple need to beat the very highest expectations or if it just meets the average of all analyist expectations the stock will tank. The institutional guys (70% holders of AAPL) hold Apple to a higher standard then any other company in the market. I think the fund guys still can't get in their head what Apple is today, they still see it as the bit player of the 90's and sell at every bad Apple news no matter how silly or inconsequential.
  • Reply 27 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ktodack View Post

The problem with meeting expectations is that the expectations are all over the map, does Apple need to beat the very highest expectations or if it just meets the average of all analyist expectations the stock will tank. The institutional guys (70% holders of AAPL) hold Apple to a higher standard then any other company in the market. I think the fund guys still can't get in their head what Apple is today, they still see it as the bit player of the 90's and sell at every bad Apple news no matter how silly or inconsequential.

Apple will do just fine... but these guys do have to make money... and they'll make it any way that they can. It's all guess work no matter who holds AAPL... some people can afford better calculators than us, though, and they play the odds.
  • Reply 28 of 78
    profit-taking to pay taxes.

Time to buy in!

F
  • Reply 29 of 78
    plovellplovell Posts: 824member
    Remember that brokers make their commissions on both sides. Both buying and selling.

So they need churn.

What do we have, folks?

Churn.
  • Reply 30 of 78
    Quote:

Just to remind the clown who doubted what I was saying...

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showp...8&postcount=31

Doubting a guess...ok
  • Reply 31 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by webfrasse View Post

Doubting a guess...ok

He said I should know when the next bad news would come out if I was so damn smart... I think I did okay and it isn't the first time by any stretch... and since it's all a guess no matter who you are (unless you're an inside trader).
  • Reply 32 of 78
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SongEmu View Post

Analysts are useless.

Hence the inclusion of the word 'anal' in their description.

All these posts about stock and market analysis, yet not a single person has accurately assessed the situation and spoken out about the truth?

I suppose someone should step up to the plate:

Apple is doomed.

(Slapppy was correct)
  • Reply 33 of 78
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by franktinsley View Post

I think you need the Woz version of that.

• Reply 34 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ktodack View Post

Excellent point! Yep, some people don't respect Apple, AAPL… They don't want to accept that their past predictions on Apple turned out to be wrong! So they look for anything negative about Apple!

Steve Jobs passed and a lot of pundits predicted GLOOM!!! They'll had to eat their predictions too… Talking AAPL down won't change that fact!

Quote:

I've been reading some explanations as to the causes and possible reasons behind AAPL's five day in a row drop, and most of them seem like complete made up BS, IMO. Some news articles are blaming some minor piece of bad news, without providing any evidence linking the two or explaining the logic behind their claims. There hasn't really been any major negative news about Apple that would cause such a sell off, not even close to it. There's always the usual doom and gloom news about Apple, practically 365 days a year. And sometimes that news is even based on complete fabrications, such as the false stories and lies spread about Apple and Foxconn by some obese guy, whose name escapes me at the moment, but I can't be bothered to look up that loser's name on Google.

I'm pretty new to the stock market, but I have my own opinion about this matter, and I believe that the selloff might be a combination of things:

(1) A completely natural correction since AAPL has climbed rather quickly recently. It was obviously not going to continue to rise like that forever.

(2) Large institutions selling off and possibly trying to manipulate the market ahead of earnings next week.

(3) Panicky retail investors and average Joes who get shaken out of the market. People without balls should not be in the stock market. The stock market is not for pussies.

(4) Sales caused by computerized trigger points.

(5) The general state of things globally, with economic worries in Europe etc.

AAPL will begin to climb again soon. Exactly when is anybody's guess. Next week's earnings should be interesting.

579.86 -25.37 (-4.19%)

64 off High of 644!!!! A STEAL!!!

http://www.google.com/finance?client=ig&q=NASDAQ:AAPL

BTW, Google was down on 4/16/12 too and just as badly!!! While others guess:

http://www.techinvestornews.com/Apple looking to grab headlines with Provocative Language like:

Top 5 Reasons Apple Could Be Cracking - Fast Money - CNBC - CNBC http://j.mp/IhA3T9

Apple is growing: http://j.mp/I0AWAh WORLDWIDE!!!

The Pundits have to keep their Headlines provocative to attract audiences, eyeballs, clicks!!!!

Future iPhones, iPads, Mac & iOS Software -- ALL those Upgrades will keep adding to Apple's fire for YEARS to come, as the world transitions to a more Mobile Future, away from the mostly Windows!!! Apple TV, iTV, iPanel, or whatever Apple calls their Next Big Thing will be another Game Changer, which will get better with time!!!

Guessing the Bottom or the High to Sell or Buy is for Fools, Speculators etc!!!!

Congratulations to those who bought AAPL in the last few days!!!

The Higher the AAPL Goes, the Wider the Price Swings will get… There probably is or will be a Graph Chart to prove that point…

Steve Jobs built a great Team, Company, and AAPL Shareholders will be a happy bunch for years to come!!!
  • Reply 35 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macologist View Post

Congratulations to those who bought AAPL in the last few days!!!

Especially so to those who bought on the morning of April 10!
  • Reply 36 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

I can't believe I'm saying this but... +1 to that comment.
  • Reply 37 of 78
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by plovell View Post

Remember that brokers make their commissions on both sides. Both buying and selling.

So they need churn.

What do we have, folks?

Churn.

Correct.

Since I took over the family estate Morgan Stanley doesn't show much interest in the estate now that I tell them if and when we buy or sell. The stockbroker doesn't even bother calling anymore.
  • Reply 38 of 78
    Fxxk the option traders for killing options buyers unfairly !!
  • Reply 39 of 78
    godzillagodzilla Posts: 156member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by meeksdigital View Post

I stopped reading at "analyst"

LOL.

Quote:

(1) A completely natural correction since AAPL has climbed rather quickly recently. It was obviously not going to continue to rise like that forever.

(2) Large institutions selling off and possibly trying to manipulate the market ahead of earnings next week.

(3) Panicky retail investors and average Joes who get shaken out of the market. People without balls should not be in the stock market. The stock market is not for pussies.

(4) Sales caused by computerized trigger points.

(5) The general state of things globally, with economic worries in Europe etc.

Amen. I'm really surprised at how "pussy" some investors are, when fundamentals and logic are staring them right in the eyes. Unfortunately, many of us with balls to stick to our logistics have to roll our eyes through some of this.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

Yes, actually. Even the guy/girl who payed $644. In a year+ (or sooner) from now, they'll be up enough to not care whether they bought in at $600 or $644. I remember when I bought at the top when the top was $422.... going into that manipulated "miss" earnings call. Not feeling too bad about that buy now.
  • Reply 40 of 78
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    Its the usual crap, drive the price down prior to the earnings report then it jumps up massively and these fuckers make a fortune.