4G iPhone expected to help LTE smartphones reach 5% share in 2012

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Although it's really great for both Apple and the consumers to have a 4G LTE iPhone, this prediction does not look to realistic when we read how many markets that LTE is already deployed in. As of 12-15-11, Verizon Wireless has LTE in 120 markets AT&T, as of 1-5-12, has 26 markets with LTE activated; Sprint has announced 4 markets ready by the middle of this year; and the very next potential partner T-Mobile, while most of their consumers are hoping for a partnership with the Dish Network for a 4G LTE deployment, is carefully planning their deployment with what they currently have. As we can see, although 3 out of the 4 are already carrying the iPhone, every major U.S. mobile network is trying to catch up to Verizon Wireless number of markets. With or without this game of catch-up, I don't see Apple releasing an 4G LTE iPhone due to the U.S. not having enough LTE markets by the time they release the next iPhone despite everyone's {both Apple and their consumers} desire. Even with us having the technology of the Qualcomm MDM 9600 for LTE devices {6600 for 3G (6610 being used in iPhone 4S)}, we still need a faster deployment rate from all of the Big 4 U.S. mobile phone carriers. The only one that I see who is coming through right now is Verizon Wireless.

Fixed.

Thx boss
  • Reply 22 of 25
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,807member
    Anyone that thinks the next iPhone won't have LTE is on pretty shaky ground. Forget about the current LTE maps or even what LTE coverage will look like by the end of this year. The the next iPhone will by and large be used mostly in 2013 and 2014. Remember that by the end of 2013 all three current U.S. carriers will largely have completed their LTE rollout. Verizon will largely be complete before the next iPhone is even released.

Apple likes the idea of producing one global iPhone, so regardless how the ROTW is doing with their LTE rollout Apple would not dare sit back and not release an LTE iPhone towards the end of this year. They don't rush things to market that aren't ready or copy other makers willy nilly, but the chipset size and battery issues look to be solved. There is absolutely no reason for Apple not to include LTE in the next iPhone and billion$ of reason to include it barring some revelation that LTE causes cancer. Wait...even that wouldn't stop it.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

Apple likes the idea of producing one global iPhone, so regardless how the ROTW is doing with their LTE rollout Apple would not dare sit back and not release an LTE iPhone towards the end of this year. They don't rush things to market that aren't ready or copy other makers willy nilly, but the chipset size and battery issues look to be solved. There is absolutely no reason for Apple not to include LTE in the next iPhone and billion$ of reason to include it barring some revelation that LTE causes cancer. Wait...even that wouldn't stop it.

I'm hoping this is the case.

I need 4G connectivity and a 4" screen at least before I'd be willing to dump android completely.

My next phone will either be a GSIII or iP5. It really just depends on how much apple pushes the envelope on their next release.

I'm mostly indifferent to the exterior design. It could be exactly like the i4S or even a 3GS, but I do need more screen-estate and 4G connectivity.
  • Reply 24 of 25

A lot of people pay for way more data than they use. Though it could seem like much, most people are drastically paying too much for cellular phone data and making cellular phone execs wealthier at their own cost. According to Time, Consumer Reports found in January 2011 that most iPhone users who purchased an iPhone and a wireless plan including unlimited data through Verizon weren't using enough data to justify the $30 unlimited data plan. Consumer Reports found most people barely used 150 megabytes of data, the lowest tier offered by Verizon at that time. Source for this article: Many people overpaying for cell phone data plans.

• Reply 25 of 25

A lot of people pay for way more data than they use. Though it could seem like much, most people are drastically paying too much for cellular phone data and making cellular phone execs wealthier at their own cost. According to Time, Consumer Reports found in January 2011 that most iPhone users who purchased an iPhone and a wireless plan including unlimited data through Verizon weren't using enough data to justify the $30 unlimited data plan. Consumer Reports found most people barely used 150 megabytes of data, the lowest tier offered by Verizon at that time.