iPhone 4 voicemail won't play

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
A friend of mine has an iPhone 4 and noticed tonight that for the second time she cannot play a voicemail message that came in. Nothing happens when she tries to play it. She's tried rebooting, and resetting the network with no luck. Any advice out there?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cyko95 View Post

A friend of mine has an iPhone 4 and noticed tonight that for the second time she cannot play a voicemail message that came in. Nothing happens when she tries to play it. She's tried rebooting, and resetting the network with no luck. Any advice out there?

I have the same issue. Seemed to start after the latest update that came out last week. I have to delete the messages to get them to play. Once they are in the deleted messsage, they will play and then I can move them back to the inbox. I am on Sprint if it matters.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    I have found the same glitch and the same solution to the voice mail refusing to replay issue.

Delete the message and then undelete it and then you can play/replay the voice mail the way it is supposed to be.

I understand this is not a problem with Verizon...I cannot speak for AT&T.

I too will contact Sprint to inform them of this obvious software bug.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    HI

THIS IS NISHA BISHT

I M FROM INDIA

the second time she cannot play a voicemail message that came in. Nothing happens when she tries to play it. She's tried rebooting, and resetting the network with no luck. Any advice out there.rafting in rishikesh

• Reply 4 of 5
    Same thing happened to me, several times. I saw your post and deleted the message and now it's gone. Where do you see the deleted messages to bring them back? I'm not even sure what the direct number is. It should be a button on the phone that says call voicemail. I tried to call voicemail directly by asking using Siri, and it doesn't work. Apple tried to oversimplify things and instead this is what happens..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdshd1957 View Post

I have found the same glitch and the same solution to the voice mail refusing to replay issue.

Delete the message and then undelete it and then you can play/replay the voice mail the way it is supposed to be.

I understand this is not a problem with Verizon...I cannot speak for AT&T.

I too will contact Sprint to inform them of this obvious software bug.

• Reply 5 of 5
    buggahbuggah Posts: 1member

Wow!  I thought I was going crazy, cause whenever I pressed the voicemail to play,  Siri would pop up.  I even bought the iPhone book to see if I was doing anything wrong.  I deleted the messages, undeleted it and was able to play back all the messages.  Thanks for the tip!