Getting a job at the Genius Bar

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
An apple store is coming to my town.

Does anyone have any tips/experiences on getting a job at the genius bar?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    Good question. Although I don't know any of the official channels to go through, I'd suggest you show up the first day and impress the people at the Genius Bar by helping with customers, then ask seriously if there are any positions available.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by AllInOne:

<strong>An apple store is coming to my town.

Does anyone have any tips/experiences on getting a job at the genius bar?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I believe they already have all the geniuses and sales people they need for the SOHO store.

I have a feeling the staff is going to suck. Just like J+R's mac staff
  • Reply 3 of 12
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    WORD! :cool:

Those people at the Mac Store at J+r...not that good? How is one supposed to go about getting a job at the Apple Stores?
  • Reply 5 of 12
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I never really found the staff at J & R to be that bad.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>I never really found the staff at J & R to be that bad.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I have a few "issues" with them. maybe everyone else doesn't but I won't go into them
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Thanks applenut. I don't care what they say, you're all right.

I applied. We'll see.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by AllInOne:

<strong>I applied. We'll see.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well good luck and hopefully you'll get the job.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>

I have a few "issues" with them. maybe everyone else doesn't but I won't go into them</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hey applenut, have you ever been to Tekserve in the city? I went there a few Saturday's ago and it was packed with people. The guy at the door was annoying because he had to know right away what I was doing there. It's not a nice place to just "browse". Actually it seems like you can't do that at all. I felt like I had to have a specific purpose (service or particular product) in order to shop. Ever experience that at this place?
  • Reply 10 of 12
    [quote]Originally posted by Willoughby:

<strong>

Hey applenut, have you ever been to Tekserve in the city? I went there a few Saturday's ago and it was packed with people. The guy at the door was annoying because he had to know right away what I was doing there. It's not a nice place to just "browse". Actually it seems like you can't do that at all. I felt like I had to have a specific purpose (service or particular product) in order to shop. Ever experience that at this place?</strong><hr></blockquote>

yea, been there a few times. the guys are in a rush to get you in and out and take your money. But if you have a hardware problem that is THE place to go. One of my eMate batteries died. Took it down there, showed it to them, they had a battery right there. 70 bucks plus installation, they wanted to install it and they said no that they didn't trust me and didn't want to risk wasting one of their "valuable batteries". Can you believe it? I eventually convinced them just to give me the battery and went on my merry way.

Cool Coca-Cola machine in the place though
  • Reply 11 of 12
    when is the SoHo store gonna open?
  • Reply 12 of 12
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    It's extremely hard to get a job as a Mac Genius. You need retail experience, you need tech experience, you need to know everything there is about Macs. I don't have retail experience. I suspect that's why I never even got a reply.

There's also a long list of Mac evangelists that would give up higher paying, better jobs to be Mac Geniuses, I bet.

Heh.