President Obama invites Apple design chief Jonathan Ive to state dinner

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Quite an honor for a Brit in his position, I'd say. How many industrial designers have gotten invites to White House dinners?

Not since Thomas A. Edison.

Ben Franklin would qualify, had the White House existed at the time. Dolly Madison did invite olde Ben over to sample her cup cakes for which he was reported to have enjoyed with a merye spirit.
  • Reply 42 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Some people get so upset and are so brainwashed by their messiah, that they simply can't tolerate anybody making a joke about "the one".

Messiah? No, I don't think that's it at all. So many citizens are just relieved to see the back side of Bush and his band of village idiots.
  • Reply 43 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Nothing personal but man Obama can't tell a joke to save his life. He was trying so hard to be funny in his toast it was painful to watch. Nobody laughed.

It's Obama's black half that wants to entertain, but the gentile half bolloxes it all up.
  • Reply 44 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

This is, indeed, true of Apple][.

Unfortunate. I've stopped responding to his posts a while ago.

now I like you and I apologize for being a dick earlier.
  • Reply 45 of 53
    bedouinbedouin Posts: 331member
    Sort of disappointed that he actually accepted. Oh well, we all can't be perfect.
  • Reply 46 of 53
    shompashompa Posts: 343member
    I hope they quicktime the event.
  • Reply 47 of 53
    shompashompa Posts: 343member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bedouin View Post

Sort of disappointed that he actually accepted. Oh well, we all can't be perfect.

When the worlds most powerful man calls you, why not go?

Even if you don't like his politics, he is still the president. Ive could learn him a thing if Obama is interested.

Obama = 96% approval rating in Sweden \
  • Reply 48 of 53
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    Its funny, everyone bemoans the current government but whats the alternatives? No wonder apathy is so high, all of the candidates are as feckless as each other.
  • Reply 49 of 53
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bedouin View Post

Well he got his Knighthood frm Cam so I suppose he felt obligated to go. Or maybe he just wanted to meet Rory McIlroy.
  • Reply 50 of 53
    isaidsoisaidso Posts: 750member
    Uh oh!

A.I. mentioned the "O" word. Here comes the inbred, knuckle dragging right wingers.
  • Reply 51 of 53

Ive is amazing. I can't WAIT for WWDC to see if X or iOS GUI has been Ive'-dified.

• Reply 52 of 53
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Zab The Fab View Post

Ive is amazing. I can't WAIT for WWDC to see if X or iOS GUI has been Ive'-dified.

I certainly hope it hasn't.

• Reply 53 of 53

then we shall see which of us get's our hopes fulfilled. It might be you.