Apple Music streams songs on-demand, features 24/7 'Beats 1' station, on iOS & Android for $10/month

Comments

• Reply 61 of 220
    jasenj1jasenj1 Posts: 923member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

One of Iovine main points is the music would not be pay for play.  100% music and quality based.  Something musicans/artists have been begging for but did not have the power till now.

Based on whose opinion? Call me extremely skeptical.

HD audio is coming once the service is established.  

Based on what?

So now you don't care about high quality sound when your previous sentence said you did? confused.

I very much care about high quality at home on my big system. But at work and driving around are noisy environments that I don't feel benefit a lot from super high quality.

Problem is Pandora/Spotify won't be free for long.

Again, based on what?

And for $4 a month (family of 4) I'm more than willing to pay a little to free myself from commericals.

I'm content to put up with some commercials. To each their own.
  • Reply 62 of 220
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    From Apple:
    What happens to my Beats Music service?
    Once Apple Music launches on June 30, you can easily move your current Beats Music subscription over to Apple Music. Just open Beats Music on your iOS device and you’ll be prompted to join Apple Music. Once you’ve signed up, the playlists you’ve created or subscribed to and the albums you’ve saved in your Beats Music library will all be available to you in Apple Music.

Still have questions? Read the FAQ at Beats Music

What happens to my iTunes library?
    Your iTunes library is still yours. You can access your entire collection from Apple Music or the iTunes app on Mac or PC.

How does Apple Music know what songs are in my personal library?
    With an Apple Music membership, your entire library lives in iCloud. We compare every track in your collection to the Apple Music library to see if we have a copy. If we do, you can automatically listen to it straight from the cloud. If you have music that’s not in our catalog, we upload those songs from iTunes on your Mac or PC. It’s all in iCloud, so it won’t take up any space on your devices.

Does Apple Music work with Apple Watch?
    With a membership to Apple Music, you can sync music to your Apple Watch and play it back — even when your paired iPhone is not nearby.

Does Apple Music work on Android phone?
    Yes, we are excited to offer Apple Music for the Android platform. It is coming this fall.

How does the family plan work?
    Up to six people in your family can enjoy the full library and unlimited listening that come with Apple Music. All you need to do is set up iCloud Family Sharing on your iOS device or Mac and invite family members to join.

Learn how to set up Family Sharing

Does Apple Music work with iTunes Match?
    Yes. Apple Music and iTunes Match are independent but complementary.

Learn more about iTunes Match
  • Reply 63 of 220
    sirlance99sirlance99 Posts: 1,293member
    sog35 wrote: »
    is this a serious question?

If you are off of wifi/cellular where exactly would those songs be stored?  

Locally. I can do this with Google Play Music. Just hit one button and the entire playlist I selected downloads for offline use later. Hit it again when I'm done with that list and it all disappears freeing up that space instantly.
  • Reply 64 of 220
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

is this a serious question?

If you are off of wifi/cellular where exactly would those songs be stored?  

Stored on cloud, I really mean sky cloud where Rogian wishes to use air in atmosphere to stream music to his device,,,offline.

• Reply 65 of 220
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    In the words of Slurpy, do you want a f'n cookie.

No ... a free new Mac Pro and trip to Hawaii!
  • Reply 66 of 220
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SirLance99 View Post

Locally. I can do this with Google Play Music. Just hit one button and the entire playlist I selected downloads for offline use later. Hit it again when I'm done with that list and it all disappears freeing up that space instantly.

You are then only person from Android/Google crowd in here and sometimes jump in for such as comment huh? There's better place for you: Phandroids.com

• Reply 67 of 220
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    fallenjt wrote: »
    Stored on cloud, I really mean sky cloud where Rogian wishes to use air in atmosphere to stream music to his device,,,offline.

Does Apple Music allow song cache to my device?
  • Reply 68 of 220
    I'll keep my Google music we have three users on it only paying 8 a month. Plus I get commercial free music on YouTube.
  • Reply 69 of 220
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

They didn't detail it, but I believe they may do that and set the expiration time on songs.

• Reply 70 of 220
    rogifan wrote: »
    Is yours a serious question? The songs are stored locally on the device.

All my songs are on the cloud in iTunes Match and available across all my Apple equipment. I have them in an iTunes Library of course, but that is on an external drive and has been off line for a year in a cupboard, so 100% of 'My Music' is internet dependent by choice.
  • Reply 71 of 220
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple v. Samsung View Post

I'll keep my Google music we have three users on it only paying 8 a month. Plus I get commercial free music on YouTube.

Keep it. 

• Reply 72 of 220
    pawwarpawwar Posts: 2member
    What happens to my Beats Music service?
    Once Apple Music launches on June 30, you can easily move your current Beats Music subscription over to Apple Music. Just open Beats Music on your iOS device and you%u2019ll be prompted to join Apple Music. Once you%u2019ve signed up, the playlists you%u2019ve created or subscribed to and the albums you%u2019ve saved in your Beats Music library will all be available to you in Apple Music.

Still have questions? Read the FAQ at Beats Music
  • Reply 73 of 220
    mrboba1mrboba1 Posts: 276member
    Quote:

Can you go read their website? It's there.

• Reply 74 of 220
    You are then only person from Android/Google crowd in here and sometimes jump in for such as comment huh? There's better place for you: Phandroids.com

I use Google music on my iPhone 5 and my htc m8 just because it's Google doesn't mean you have to hate it. Worst false dichotomy ever
  • Reply 75 of 220

I was pleasantly surprised by this. I thought I was going to be ho-hum, because I'm pretty happy with Spotify... but some of the features look intriguing, and it wouldn't cost me more than it does now.

I have to see if the library is as deep as Spotify's... I listen to a crapload of obscure stuff, and if I can't find it... :/

I must be the only one actually jazzed about the global radio station.

• Reply 76 of 220
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    Quote:

The whole music portion was painful. Nothing revolutionary about it. Didn't deserve all the time it got.

I agree with you completely in this case. I think Apple has to get into this space, but this was hardly "revolutionary". And if The Weekend was an example of the "hand-picked" expert curation of the playlists, then it's going to be a bumpy launch.

• Reply 77 of 220
    sirlance99sirlance99 Posts: 1,293member

Not really. I was pretty excited with what Apple had to offer. If I'm not falling head over heal with Apple glory spurting out of my mouth for you, I apologize. I see this for what they are. I can't wait for iOS 9 and other products but just am not impressed with Apple Music. Once again, I apologize that I have a mind of my own.
  • Reply 78 of 220
    redhotfuzzredhotfuzz Posts: 313member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post

Spotify doesn't need one, nor does Pandora. I have both on all my devices, including wife's and kids, and have never had an issue. Again, why would I pay 15 for what I'm already getting for 5?

Splitting your single-user subscription across multiple devices does not get you the same functionality as a proper family plan does.

• Reply 79 of 220
    xserenityx wrote: »
    I was pleasantly surprised by this. I thought I was going to be ho-hum, because I'm pretty happy with Spotify... but some of the features look intriguing, and it wouldn't cost me more than it does now.

I have to see if the library is as deep as Spotify's... I listen to a crapload of obscure stuff, and if I can't find it... :/

I must be the only one actually jazzed about the global radio station.

Plus the DIY of Connect in ?Music brings the same fresh blood and opportunity to music as the App Store brought to small time programmers. This could be huge. I know they could do it on iTunes but this is a whole new game of American Idol ...! :D
  • Reply 80 of 220
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,286member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Correct. Lovine used the same line back in 2013 before Beats became a part of Apple. To be fair he didn't say Google or anyone else didn't use human curation. I'm sure he doesn't mind leaving the impression from his comment that no one else does tho. image

He was going straight for Pandora's jugular with that comment.