Keith Richards debuts new music video exclusively on Apple Music

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited July 2015
In another exclusive, Apple Music on Monday premiered the video for "Trouble," a new single by Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards.

Unlike some other exclusives on the service the video is hosted on Connect, making it accessible without an Apple Music subscription. It can be played using iTunes, iOS, or a web link.

Richards is promoting a new solo album -- Crosseyed Heart -- which will launch in September. Alongside the video debut, Richards also spoke with Beats 1 DJ Zane Lowe in an interview scheduled to repeat at 10 p.m. Pacific.

Apple has used a variety of exclusives to try to draw in Apple Music and Beats 1 listeners, such as a Pharrell Williams single and the classic Dr. Dre rap album The Chronic. Some celebrity radio shows, like Josh Homme's The Alligator Hour, are only on Beats 1.

The company has yet to disclose firm listener data for either service, but the announcement of MTV's Video Music Awards nominees on Beats 1 last week temporarily crippled multiple Apple online services, including not just Apple Music but even the App Store and OS X Software Update.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

It's an absolute miracle he's still alive.

• Reply 2 of 20
    The DOJ and Al Franken are investigating this "exclusive." ;)
  • Reply 3 of 20
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

The DOJ and Al Franken are investigating this "exclusive." image

Franken may be closely investigating the involvement of so-called "wacky tabaccy"... story developing...

• Reply 4 of 20
    dsddsd Posts: 186member

In 50 years he hasn't changed a bit.

• Reply 5 of 20
    He is supposed to do a B1 interview. I hope they post a link to it. Beck did one the other day and it was great

https://itunes.apple.com/dk/post/idsa.f0303ed5-32f8-11e5-9c4a-f7678270244c

As a side note I think it's terrible that it's not on the what's new page. As of yet.
    That for me is the weakest section. For how much music comes out every week it feels static and stale
  • Reply 6 of 20
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,560member

He hasn't been alive in forty years.

You know how you can make goods last forever by smoking them or preserving them in alcohol?

Yeah.
  • Reply 7 of 20
    Quote:

Originally Posted by spheric View Post

He hasn't been alive in forty years.

You know how you can make goods last forever by smoking them or preserving them in alcohol?

Yeah.

He has looked rather mummified for some time.

• Reply 8 of 20
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

This is Jack Sparrow’s father we’re talking about.

• Reply 9 of 20
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

The DOJ and Al Franken are investigating this "exclusive." image

Exactly what I was thinking. All this exclusivity could be anti-competitive and we can’t have that.:smokey:

• Reply 10 of 20
    kkerstkkerst Posts: 330member
    Apple Records = Apple, Inc.
  • Reply 11 of 20
    kkerst wrote: »
    Apple Records = Apple, Inc.

What?
  • Reply 12 of 20
    kkerstkkerst Posts: 330member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by spheric View Post

What?

I was drawing a parallel that Apple Inc. seems to be releasing exclusive music, almost like the Apple Records record label would. It seems ironic to me.

• Reply 13 of 20
    Well, there was a rather large and prolonged set of court dealings and settlements...
  • Reply 14 of 20
    techlovertechlover Posts: 879member

Am I the only one who is getting a little tired of exclusives? I don't like it with video games, I don't like it with movies and shows, and I don't like it with music. When are all of these companies going to stop it with consumer hostile exclusives?

Also for being an "exclusive" this doesn't seem very "exclusive". For those who want a web link to the song where you actually have controls for the most basic things like play/pause, seek, volume, etc. there's always Youtube:

• Reply 15 of 20
    genovellegenovelle Posts: 1,480member
    techlover wrote: »
    Am I the only one who is getting a little tired of exclusives? I don't like it with video games, I don't like it with movies and shows, and I don't like it with music. When are all of these companies going to stop it with consumer hostile exclusives?

Also for being an "exclusive" this doesn't seem very "exclusive". <span style="line-height:1.4em;">For those who want a web link to the song where you actually have controls for the most basic things like play/pause, seek, volume, etc. there's always Youtube:</span>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_btCZWi1jkg

Is this link to the video?
  • Reply 16 of 20
    Quote:

Originally Posted by genovelle View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by TechLover View Post

Also for being an "exclusive" this doesn't seem very "exclusive". For those who want a web link to the song where you actually have controls for the most basic things like play/pause, seek, volume, etc. there's always Youtube:

Is this link to the video?

It is the link to the song.

I watched the video and frankly its nothing worth watching. Even the song itself is nothing special, but that is just my opinion and music tastes are very personal.

• Reply 17 of 20
    genovellegenovelle Posts: 1,480member
    techlover wrote: »

Also for being an "exclusive" this doesn't seem very "exclusive". <span style="line-height:1.4em;">For those who want a web link to the song where you actually have controls for the most basic things like play/pause, seek, volume, etc. there's always Youtube:</span>

You do realize that the video on Apple music has full controls including volume that magically appear when you touch the screen.
  • Reply 18 of 20
    Quote:

Originally Posted by genovelle View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by TechLover View Post

You do realize that the video on Apple music has full controls including volume that magically appear when you touch the screen.

Not on the desktop. At least not for me.

On my ipad it opens the music app and that has controls.

• Reply 19 of 20
    sumergosumergo Posts: 215member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

;-) Nope: just good genes giving a lean physique and a great attitude.  With that combo you can do all the "solvents" you need and still outlast almost everyone.  He's also still one of the best guitarists in the world, so long may he live . . .

• Reply 20 of 20
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member

I'm not convinced he is. ;)