Second public beta of Apple's iOS 10.2 now available

Posted:
in iPhone
Members of Apple's public beta program can now access a second pre-release build of iOS 10.2, packing in newly redesigned emoji and bug fixes.

Registered devices can now access iOS 10.2 public beta 2 via Software Update in their device's Settings app. Alternatively, it can also be installed via a Mac or PC with iTunes.

The stand-out feature of iOS 10.2 is a collection of new and refreshed emoji, all of which conform with Unicode 9.0.

The update also boasts a widget for the Videos app, a "Preserve Camera" setting, and a "Press and Hold to Speak" menu under the home button's Accessibility settings.

For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus owners, the update includes three new wallpapers: Droplet Blue, Droplet Red, and Droplet Yellow. This may be a response to complaints about iOS 10, which came with only one new wallpaper when it launched this September.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Emoji as a standout feature of a point release always blows me away. I'm much more excited about the new wallpapers, even though most of the iOS 10 user base won't even have access to them. That was one thing I always looked forward to in new iOS releases was new wallpapers to see what cool designs Apple had for us. Sadly, that seems to be something that has been lacking in recent releases of macOS as well. I love Apple's stock wallpaper images.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    holy crap, emojis and wallpapers reported as major points of a release??? standout? FFS. Editor, please slap some wrists on this article.
    jbishop1039londorlogic2.6
  • Reply 3 of 5
    This build broke Bluetooth and internet. Can't get DNS and Bluetooth says it is not available at all. 
  • Reply 4 of 5
    horvatic said:
    This build broke Bluetooth and internet. Can't get DNS and Bluetooth says it is not available at all. 
    It also broke the wheelbase of my car.