AppleInsider podcast talks AirPods, iPhone 7 activations, more

Posted:
in General Discussion edited December 2019
This week on the AppleInsider podcast, Victor and Dan discuss impressions on the AirPods, iPhone activations in light of the Note 7, and much more.

AppleInsider editors Daniel Eran Dilger and Victor Marks dig into the following subjects:
  • Apple saw twice as many mobile device activations this holiday as Samsung, data shows
  • NPD says Android customers are so committed that exploding Note 7 did little to help Apple
  • Lawsuit blames Apple's 'less safe' FaceTime implementation for fatal traffic accident
  • Tips: How to fix a sticky Digital Crown on your Apple Watch
  • Wistron said to have claimed some future Apple 'iPhone 7s,' 'iPhone 8' orders
  • The AirPods review
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.

Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:

Show note links:

Deals: $150-$200 off 2016 12" MacBooks; iPad Air 2s for $349; $100-$200 off 2016 13" MacBook Pros

Apple saw twice as many mobile device activations this holiday as Samsung, data shows

Love is blind: NPD says Android customers are so committed that exploding Note 7 did little to help Apple

Lawsuit blames Apple's 'less safe' FaceTime implementation for fatal traffic accident

How to fix a sticky Digital Crown on your Apple Watch

Wistron said to have claimed some future Apple 'iPhone 7s,' 'iPhone 8' orders

Review: Apple's new wireless AirPods put a smile on 2016

Follow our hosts on Twitter: @DanielEran and @vmarks.

Feedback and comments are always appreciated. Please contact the AppleInsider podcast at [email protected] and follow us on Twitter @appleinsider, plus Facebook and Instagram.

Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    As always, very interesting. Great job Victor and Daniel. While other podcasts are selling mattresses, blah, blah...

Good to know Daniel's very positive thoughts on the AirPods.

I should be getting mine next week.

When I saw them introduced and the intro video, I thought the very same thing. This is a quintessential Apple product that any other tech company, e.g., MS, Google, Dell, HP, etc., etc.,  is incapable of imagining, never mind implementing.

When Daniel compared them to the original iPhone and iPad as far wow factor, I was very pleased.

I especially liked the comment that Apple... "has invested so much time and resources in every aspect of their hardware/software offerings that essentially they have no competition." I agree. 

Also, Daniel don't let the bastards drag you down, i.e., Samsung, bloggers and pundits touting how bad Apple is and how good Google/Android/Samsung are. My boss hates all things Apple, has an Samsung/Android phone. I tell him, he and the Taliban are the only ones i know of still using Android on their phones!

Go for a run!

Happy New Year, guys!
    edited December 2016