Unicode committee to meet at Apple campus, discuss addition of redhead emoji

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30

I’m not the only one who sees something… off with the color here, right? I’m bringing it up because ‘it’s orange’ has already been mentioned. You know what I mean. It just doesn’t happen.
    Redhead emoji are not guaranteed. As noted by the publication, redheads make up only 1 to 2 percent of the world's population
    There are emoji for groups that are far smaller, so I’m not worried about the Unicode committee’s inclusiveness. There’ll be a redhead emoji. Hopefully one redder than this…
    john.b said:
    This was what Tim Cook's meeting at Trump tower was all about?
    “Look, Timmy, you make the best products. The best. It’d be nice if you made them here, but we’ll get to that… I want to talk about something really important. You know what it is, am I right, folks? Gingers. Redheads. Gorgeous, all of them. Where are they on your devices? I go to the Emoji keyboard, you know, I want to be both hip and accurate, and what do I find? Blonde, brunette, black… no redheads. What happens if we have to make a deal with Ireland? And we know you have some big business there, am I right? Embarrassing, let me tell you.”
    edited January 2017
  • Reply 22 of 30
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    Why is this important?
  • Reply 23 of 30
    I guess Apple is trying to keep The Irish Authorities Happy ....... ..... 🤣
    And don't forget the even larger Scottish redhead contingent. I think there might also be a significant Scandinavian population out there and, if memory serves correctly, a sizeable Jewish minority with red hair. It's not just us Irish who have this cool genetic anomaly. Sadly, I'm one of the many Irish who missed out on this particular distinctive....sigh...😎☘🇮🇪 So, bring it on and let's get even more inclusive than ever!!! And, while you're at it, how about including those of us with grey beards, too? Sidric The Viking
  • Reply 24 of 30
    My apologies to any other enthic group I've neglected to mention. No disrespect intended. 🙃
    edited January 2017
  • Reply 25 of 30
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    ppartekim said:
    Where are the left-handed emojis? I want equal time too..
    as a left-handed redhead, I know I'm in a ultra minority class.   

I hear you, brother. One day we shall rise up against the oppression of the dexter blondes and brunettes.
    I guess Apple is trying to keep The Irish Authorities Happy ....... ..... 🤣
    And don't forget the even larger Scottish redhead contingent. I think there might also be a significant Scandinavian population out there and, if memory serves correctly, a sizeable Jewish minority with red hair. It's not just us Irish who have this cool genetic anomaly. Sadly, I'm one of the many Irish who missed out on this particular distinctive....sigh...😎☘🇮🇪 So, bring it on and let's get even more inclusive than ever!!! And, while you're at it, how about including those of us with grey beards, too? Sidric The Viking
    I was always under the impression the red hair got to Ireland and Scotland during the Viking occupation, since the Celts tended to be darker. The red hair came from Scandinavia, and possibly before that Neanderthals, if some theories are to be believed. (Then again, if that were the case, surely I'd be relatively short, stocky, covered in coarse hair, and with a big nose and overly large head...hang on a sec...)
  • Reply 26 of 30
    briananon said:
    I also hear that Apple sometimes makes new computers and iPads. Coming soon the Ginger iPad Smart Keyboard. 
    Be thankful that it isn't to approve an Emojii of your new Leader.
    TBH, I'm surprised that he hasn't requested one already.

irelandargonaut
  • Reply 27 of 30
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    unicron said:
    Aren't emoji supposed to represent a thing, not actually BE the thing? I think there is an area where they are getting too specific. I think the iOS 10.2 occupation-specific people are a bit obnoxious. 

What's next: rare steak, medium rare steak, well done steak? Chicken noodle, clam chowder, and menudo soup? Ten different dog breeds? 
    Choice is good. I'm not redheaded but would like to see a redheaded emoji for those times when I needed to use it.
  • Reply 28 of 30
    briananon said:
    I also hear that Apple sometimes makes new computers and iPads. Coming soon the Ginger iPad Smart Keyboard. 
    Be thankful that it isn't to approve an Emojii of your new Leader.
    TBH, I'm surprised that he hasn't requested one already.
    🤡
  • Reply 29 of 30
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member
    We are heading towards a single unified language, full circle from Egyptian hieroglyphics.
    This language will be called Emoji and will consist of 2,670,000 various low res things.
    Like Chinese, putting a slightly incorrect character in the wrong place can change the entire meaning of the sentence.
    argonautstompyicoco3
  • Reply 30 of 30
    evilution said:
    We are heading towards a single unified language, full circle from Egyptian hieroglyphics.
    This language will be called Emoji and will consist of 2,670,000 various low res things.
    Like Chinese, putting a slightly incorrect character in the wrong place can change the entire meaning of the sentence.
    Bit alarmist.
    argonaut