Apple Pay continues to grow, 27 more US banks added to mobile payment service

Posted:
in Apple Watch
As part of its regular expansion, Apple has added 27 more banks and credit unions to its list of institutions that support Apple Pay.

Added to Apple's ongoing list of banks, the newest batch supplements the 17 additions in January, and brings the total to more than 1,700 participating card issuers nationwide.

Apple added the following 27 banks and credit unions to its Apple Pay support page:
  • Abri Credit Union
  • Apple Bank for Savings
  • Biddeford Savings Bank
  • BMW Bank of North America
  • Carroll County Trust Company
  • Consumers National Bank
  • Delta Community Credit Union
  • First American Bank
  • First Bank (AK)
  • FNBT Bank
  • Greenfield Cooperative Bank
  • Kaw Valley Bank
  • Macon Bank & Trust Co.
  • MidUSA Credit Union
  • Northpointe Bank
  • Nymeo
  • Oak Trust Credit Union
  • Ollo Card Services
  • One Nevada Credit Union
  • Richland State Bank
  • River Valley Community Bank
  • Seasons Federal Credit Union
  • SMW Federal Credit Union
  • Texans Credit Union
  • The Seymour Bank
  • Timberland Bank
  • Wiregrass Federal Credit Union
Apple's near-field communication and web-basred digital payments product has grown rapidly sine release with recent launches in Japan and, more recently, Spain.

Apple's payment arm also has increasing international support Russia, Australia, China and Singapore.

In December, Apple Pay head Jennifer Bailey said 35 percent of U.S. retailers, or some 4 million locations, now accept the payment service. Bailey expects Apple Pay availability in two out of every three stores in 2017 as giant chains like Gap come onboard.

During the most recent Apple quarterly earnings conference call on Jan. 31, Apple CEO Tim Cook noted that the number of users has tripled during the past year, and over 2 million small businesses are now accepting invoice payments via Apple Pay on the Web.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    J0sueDanielJ0sueDaniel Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    And Puerto Rico still not getting anything ...
  • Reply 2 of 9
    I don't know why I keep looking at these lists. My bank never shows up.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    ajohnajohn Posts: 10member
    Keep the hope! My bank finally showed up on today's list!
    lostkiwistompywatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 9
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,064member
    I don't get this. The list of banks/CUs is long, and surely there is one that supports ApplePay that offers a free account. If my current bank didn't support it, I'd get a free account at one that didn just for the Apple Pay service.
    lostkiwiwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 9
    They're all over Virginia, but NO ONE uses them.  Why is this even an article?
  • Reply 6 of 9
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    swedevb said:
    No one uses what? Please be more specific...
  • Reply 7 of 9
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    macxpress said:
    swedevb said:
    No one uses what? Please be more specific...
    We could all have fun guessing what he means!  ;)
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 9
    dayedaye Posts: 18member
    35% retailers accept Apple Pay? where to get the list?  Even those that accept Apple Pay sometimes do not work. I tried to use my Apple Watch to pay at my local Togos . It failed on me every time I tried. So embarassing especially when there were long line of people waiting behind me. I have no problem using it at places such as Whole foods, Trader Joe, Chevron, etc and BOA for ATM transactions. It would be great the apple pay will support person to person transfer later.

We need more retailers accept Apply pay than banks.