Apple's confidence, acquisitions strategy stand in the way of large takeovers

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Cue's vision for Apple TV and TV in general moves slow. Rather than producing their own stuff to "add value" and "do something different" why not just build a Netflix or buy them. Back in the day every musician wanted to be on iTunes. The only equivalency to that for films, documentaries and TV now is Netflix. Apple not Neflix, should be 'the place' where producers of visual content desperately want to be. Then viewers want to subscribe on and buy your device. Planet or the apps is an interesting experiment and clearly ties in well with Apple's ecosystem and Carpool karaoke is a fit for a music service, but Apple's vision for movies of €16.99 for a download is dead end. I don't know single person who gets their video content from iTunes, but everyone I know is subscribed to Netflix: everyone!

If his plan is to begin lobbing in two new Apple produced shows into Apple Music every year it's a confusing one. The name Apple Music says as much.

It's 2017—Apple TV tunrs 7 this year. Apple TV should be a full-blown Netflix competitor by now. The vision and the ambition for this device is like a dull spoon.
    edited February 2017
  • Reply 22 of 24
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    jbdragon said:
    3 billion for Beats I thought was way to much money!!! Maybe that'll pay off,
    It already has. 
    That guy was so confused. It's funny how people assume Beats makes no money. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 24
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Money can't buy happiness. A large acquisition usually means trying to get a well defined culture of the acquired company integrated into an Apple culture. Sometimes it doesn't pan out and talent leaves in droves.