Apple launches special edition (Product)Red iPhone 7

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 40
    markbyrnmarkbyrn Posts: 661member
    So this is the big refresh; a red iPhone - yay!  Me thinks Mr. Cook need to start paying more attention to business rather than promoting his personal politics.
  • Reply 22 of 40
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    sog35 said:
    I don't like the Silver logo.  It really should have been Gold.  Red+Gold is winner.
    Gold has never been associated with the RED brand, although if they did a gold Apple logo, it would work 100% for the Chinese buyer market.
  • Reply 23 of 40
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,877member
    dachar said:
    Really pleased to see Apple are continuing is support this worthwhile cause but not what l would call "something special".
    First non metallic, non black or white colored phone isn't special? By definition it's special. 
    apple jockeycaliration alwatto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 40
    Hmm...another iPhone where Apple was able to color match the antenna lines. So is not matching them with the gold and rose gold models just an aesthetic decision on Apple's part? Also why do the color versions only get white front? Does Apple think only women buy the colored models?
    What do white fronts have to do with women?
    cali
  • Reply 25 of 40
    markbyrn said:
    So this is the big refresh; a red iPhone - yay!  Me thinks Mr. Cook need to start paying more attention to business rather than promoting his personal politics.
    Troll trope nonsense. Apple's business just had a record quarter. And Product Red has been here since Jobs -- so it looks like your own personal politics (who's against fighting AIDS? wtf) are what's out of step with the normal population. 
    apple jockeycalisphericration alwatto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 40
    wood1208 said:
    This specific Red color so so amazing. I remember buying Red ipod for my daughter when Apple first time introduced. Thank to Apple who support good cause. I like to see Samsung/LG or those Chinese companies do one bit.
    Haha...I did the same thing for my daughter! I really liked the Red iPod with the white "wheel."  :)

Well done, Apple. 

Best
    edited March 2017 caliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 40
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    I like the red. Hopefully the next iPhone comes in red at the launch. 
    london11sphericwatto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 40
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    sog35 said:
    Hmm...another iPhone where Apple was able to color match the antenna lines. So is not matching them with the gold and rose gold models just an aesthetic decision on Apple's part? Also why do the color versions only get white front? Does Apple think only women buy the colored models?
    why does White = women?

Beat me to it. 

markbyrn said:

The big refresh comes in September dumb *ss. 
    Apple has been fighting AIDS since pre-CEO Cook. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 40
    fmalloyfmalloy Posts: 105member
    Who else but Apple could color a box red, then sell a gazillion and it makes the news.
  • Reply 30 of 40
    rogifan_newrogifan_new Posts: 4,297member
    I'm just assuming white front appeals more to women than men, though I'm sure some women would love red and black too.
  • Reply 31 of 40
    dougddougd Posts: 292member
    I like the color but an iPhone 7 is not something I will buy due to the weird home "button"
  • Reply 32 of 40
    markbyrnmarkbyrn Posts: 661member
    markbyrn said:
    Troll trope nonsense. Apple's business just had a record quarter. And Product Red has been here since Jobs -- so it looks like your own personal politics (who's against fighting AIDS? wtf) are what's out of step with the normal population. 

if anybody is trolling, it's Apple taking the site down for a product release update and what do we get?  A red iPhone.  Unless you're cloistered in Apple safe spaces, everybody else is laughing and mocking the anemic update.  I'm not some MS fan boy; I have nearly every Apple product of note and what I'm seeing these days is more politics and far less innovation.

• Reply 33 of 40
    I'm just assuming white front appeals more to women than men, though I'm sure some women would love red and black too.
    What sort of data are using for this assumption? I know lots of dudes who had the old white iPhone, and I know lots of dudes with the gold iPhone today which has a white front.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 34 of 40
    dougd said:
    I like the color but an iPhone 7 is not something I will buy due to the weird home "button"
    Well, good luck giving up iPhones for life... Because other than the SE, I don't think the flagship will ever go back to having the old mechanical button.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 35 of 40
    markbyrn said:
    markbyrn said:

if anybody is trolling, it's Apple taking the site down for a product release update and what do we get?  A red iPhone.  Unless you're cloistered in Apple safe spaces, everybody else is laughing and mocking the anemic update.  I'm not some MS fan boy; I have nearly every Apple product of note and what I'm seeing these days is more politics and far less innovation.

Ah, the "I have everything Apple every made but now Apple can't innovate!" trope...you can check that one on your list too. But nice job dodging the fact that Apple's business is doing very well and proven by the recent quarterly data.

Sorry, but there is nobody laughing & mocking this new phone color other than trolls. While it is strange that Apple has to down their ecommerce site every time they want to add new assets to it, there was no event scheduled for this pretty quiet update, so it's not like the annual iPhone event or anything. This is nothing other than a new addition to the line -- so I can't possibly imagine what you have to whine about, since nobody promised you a damn thing.

Care to elaborate why you feel work on fighting AIDS is political, rather than medical? What are you really trying to say? Don't make me assume it, just come out and tell us.
    edited March 2017 ration alwatto_cobra
  • Reply 36 of 40
    just in time for the kids in china to blow their lunar new year cash on.  it's a good looking phone to boot.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 37 of 40
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    markbyrn said:
    markbyrn said:

No one is mocking anything. It's a mid cycle update. 

Apple is near an all time high in stock price so Cook knows what the hell he's doing. 

Lemme guess: To you, a new shape is innovation. 
    edited March 2017 watto_cobra
  • Reply 38 of 40
    dougd said:
    What? The 7 button is one of the most authentic technologies in smartphones. I felt it was strange in the first 15 minutes - after 8 years using the physical button. Now it feels so normal, I don't even remember it's just a vibration button. 

As for this red thing: sexy, it makes a statement. Loved the white logo in contrast to the sensuous red. Really wow!!
    edited March 2017 jSnivelywatto_cobra
  • Reply 39 of 40
    Black phone, black Touch ID ring.
    silver phone, silver ring.
    gold phone, gold ring.
    rose gold phone, rose gold ring.
    red phone, silver ring.

Spot the odd one out
    london11