Analyst speculates Apple's OLED 'iPhone 8' could ditch embedded fingerprint sensor

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    Why in the world are rumor sites even publishing this nonsense? No way in hell is Apple ditching Touch ID.
    Because clicks. Look how many just had to post that this isn't true.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 34
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,834member
    OLED iPhone 8, Edition, Limited or whatever it will be called is okay with me without the fingerprint sensor since I don't use it anyways!  It not 100% using my fingerprints.  It more like 50% chance it will work.  Samsung S6 is like 5%!
    Sounds like yours is broken, or your fingers aren't clean/dry. Mine works 100% of the time when my fingers are dry.
    edited April 2017 watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 34
    bushman4bushman4 Posts: 858member
    Pure Speculation that any of this is true

• Reply 24 of 34
    zoetmb said:
    Why would anyone take this idiot analyst seriously?  Apple is not releasing a phone without Touch ID
    Full Stop.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 34
    Apple is more invested in Touch ID than 90% of the other technologies in iPhone. They aren't getting away from it any time soon.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 34
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,905member
    What a stupid talk of "Hargreaves suggested that if Apple can solve problems in the "next month or so," Even idiot people knows either Apple already has perfected embedded finger print reader included in iphone 8 or it will be in the next year iphone.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 34
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    That would make sense. Better not have a fingerprint sensor but a robust iris/face recognition rather than a sensor on the back. 
  • Reply 28 of 34
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    sflocal said:
    Should Apple ditch the traditional sensor and somehow manages to perfect the embedded sensor underneath the glass, then this dumbsh!t analyst will simply claim that he was in fact correct.

Just throwing crap at the wall in the hopes something sticks.  Amazing these people get paid for being essentially a gypsy-travelling fortune-teller.
    What’s even more scary is that investors actually make buy/sell decisions based on this ‘Magic Eight Ball’ analysis.  
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 34
    linkmanlinkman Posts: 1,035member
    OLED iPhone 8, Edition, Limited or whatever it will be called is okay with me without the fingerprint sensor since I don't use it anyways!  It not 100% using my fingerprints.  It more like 50% chance it will work.  Samsung S6 is like 5%!
    My daughter mentioned that with her iPhone 6s she can't press the home button with a clean/dry registered finger without it unlocking. Most of have success with Apple's implementation of the fingerprint sensor and I've never run across a false positive.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 34
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,299member
    Meanwhile, a share trader loosely associated with analysis has made millions of dollars for his/her clients by playing the minor share fluctuations this sort of story is intended to bring.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 34
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member
    georgie01 said:
    I'm always curious when I read a comment from someone who has limited success with TouchID. It worked about 99% of the time with my iPhone 6 and works about 97% of the time with my iPhone 7. My wife's 6s works very well for her too, though her 5s wasn't as reliable.

I wonder if people involved in activities which cause small changes to the skin in the fingerprint area, or even skin dryness, cause a decline in fingerprint reading accuracy?
    I think it's just the opposite:  I notice that it doesn't work when my hands are even the slightest bit wet.   I dry off my finger and it works fine.    For me, I'd say it probably works about 93% of the time on the first try.   Ever notice people who always wet their finger before turning a page?   I wonder if some people do that with their phone.  Or people who just sweat all the time, like those people with a clammy handshake.  
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 32 of 34
    How would facial recognition work in the dark?
  • Reply 33 of 34
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,622member
    qwwera said:
    My supply chain informant says the new iPhone will be made out of peanut butter with an outer coating of chocolate. They figured out how to make chocolate not melt in your hands which was crucial.

The new iPhone is also believed to be 50% more absorbent. Finally!
    And lickable! Just like Aqua.