Apple A10 iPhone 7 speeds past Samsung Galaxy S8, Google Pixel, LG G6 & BBK 3T (with 2x RA...

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 75
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    avon b7 said:
    You know, the original iPod was built from largely off the shelf components. Apple didn't feel any need to avoid purchasing those components and do it all alone. 

They can reinvent the whole fast charging wheel if they want, but can you give me one decent reason why they couldn't implement it in a 'standard fashion' a long while ago and 'reinvent' the technology down the line?

Fast charging is a godsend. I'm glad you happen to have an iPad Pro and charger to charge your iPhone 7 more quickly but that is not fast charging. If Apple saw things that way, they could just up the power of the chargers and be done with it. I have an inkling that won't be the case, though.

It doesn't really matter in any case because if you believe what  many here like to claim, fast charging isn't necessary because they get enough battery life of their phones to not need to charge. Something that shows they miss the point entirely.
    Quick charging may decrease battery life depending on how much it is pushed.  I tell my kids to use the normal charge for overnight charges but it probably doesn't matter since without OS updates the phones won't last as long as iPhones anyway.

Also, the iPhone 7 IS doing quick charge because all quick charging does is allow you to draw more current.  That's what the Snapdragon does...it negotiates power with quick charge compatible chargers to get up to 3 amps at various voltages.  Late model iPhones can pull 2 amps out of the iPad 12 watt charger and 1.6A out of a Mac.

The iPhones don't charge fast enough to really impact battery life but Qualcomm's quick charge 3 pushes the limits more.  How much more depends on the battery size but for the iPhone 6 plus at 2.1A is .71C (ratio between charging rate and battery capacity in mAh). For the 6 it's 1.16C.  It's not until you go above 2C that you see any significant impact even given that 0.75C charge/discharge rate is considered optimal for battery life.

That's why Android quick charging is faster.  They don't care as much about battery longevity.  There's no magic here.
    jony0watto_cobra
  • Reply 62 of 75
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,667member
    nht said:
    avon b7 said:
    You know, the original iPod was built from largely off the shelf components. Apple didn't feel any need to avoid purchasing those components and do it all alone. 

They can reinvent the whole fast charging wheel if they want, but can you give me one decent reason why they couldn't implement it in a 'standard fashion' a long while ago and 'reinvent' the technology down the line?

Fast charging is a godsend. I'm glad you happen to have an iPad Pro and charger to charge your iPhone 7 more quickly but that is not fast charging. If Apple saw things that way, they could just up the power of the chargers and be done with it. I have an inkling that won't be the case, though.

It doesn't really matter in any case because if you believe what  many here like to claim, fast charging isn't necessary because they get enough battery life of their phones to not need to charge. Something that shows they miss the point entirely.
    Quick charging may decrease battery life depending on how much it is pushed.  I tell my kids to use the normal charge for overnight charges but it probably doesn't matter since without OS updates the phones won't last as long as iPhones anyway.

Also, the iPhone 7 IS doing quick charge because all quick charging does is allow you to draw more current.  That's what the Snapdragon does...it negotiates power with quick charge compatible chargers to get up to 3 amps at various voltages.  Late model iPhones can pull 2 amps out of the iPad 12 watt charger and 1.6A out of a Mac.

The iPhones don't charge fast enough to really impact battery life but Qualcomm's quick charge 3 pushes the limits more.  How much more depends on the battery size but for the iPhone 6 plus at 2.1A is .71C (ratio between charging rate and battery capacity in mAh). For the 6 it's 1.16C.  It's not until you go above 2C that you see any significant impact even given that 0.75C charge/discharge rate is considered optimal for battery life.

That's why Android quick charging is faster.  They don't care as much about battery longevity.  There's no magic here.
    There's a lot of maybes in there! We shall conclude that you just don't know.

I don't need my phone to last. It's one of the reasons bought it. If I had bought an iPhone it would have had to last a lot longer.

The iPhone is NOT fast charging. You can call  the charging process whatever you like but we are talking about fast charging. Nothing else. Charging more quickly than with a standard charger is not the same.

Any kind of charging/discharging use may decrease battery life. That applies to all batteries of this kind (including iPhone batteries). It is a personal thing. You ask your kids to use the standard charger. It may pay off or you might not actually see much difference. At least you can choose what you want to do.

I have been fast charging every day with no noticeable effect on battery life in more than a year and a half. The phone actually shipped with a fast charger as the only option.

I have not heard of any widespread issues with fast charging.

Batteries are affected mainly by voltage problems during the charging phase and extreme climates. Again this is independent of the phone.
  • Reply 63 of 75
    avon b7 said:
    jony0 said:
    avon b7 said:
    sflocal said:
    Hmm... Fandroids infesting this site seem to be conveniently quiet at the moment.  They must be firing-up their spinning machines to fabricate some kind of fake-news on how this benchmark is somehow flawed or staged.
    LOL.
    […]
    The results are useful for Android users to compare Android phones. The iPhone numbers just is unrequited envy for them.
    Fixed that for ya.
    But you didn't. You fixed it for yourself perhaps but not for me. Perhaps you feel better for it? I went from iPhone to Android so my envy just doesn't exist. Sorry if I'm bursting your bubble but the envy you speak of is non-existent among Android users. 
    Fixed it for everyone who doesn't want your fragmented, malware-infested, insecure, poorly performing iKnockoffs. You've been trolling/shilling for a while now on this site. I've seen plenty of Android shills come and go here, but your comments are like something that just won't flush and go away.
    No. You just can't accept informed opinion. I use Android, iOS and Macs every day. There are some people that never use Android phones o Android and just repeat stuff they've heard or read about somewhere. Most of it completely uninformed. 

I respect their opinions and point out where, in my opinion, they have it wrong. 

The article and comments you are reading are related to Apple and Samsung and iOS and Android. 

If you can't handle the discussion in a respectful way perhaps you should not be participating in this thread. If I am your problem, just ignore me. You will be better off for it, I'm sure.
    singularity
  • Reply 64 of 75
    kevin keekevin kee Posts: 1,289member
    avon b7 said:
    kevin kee said:
    avon b7 said:
    sflocal said:
    Hmm... Fandroids infesting this site seem to be conveniently quiet at the moment.  They must be firing-up their spinning machines to fabricate some kind of fake-news on how this benchmark is somehow flawed or staged.

The same applies to speed. No one would switch because of the results presented here.

So, does which phone is snappiest in 2017 really have any core value? Not really. 
    I can tell you from personal experience, that many people switch to iPhone because of this very thing: snappy. Even a fraction of second, it gives a whole lot different experiences when it comes to snappiness. Once you tried iPhone after Androids, it will be hard not to switch just because of this one thing: snappy. So to say that no one would switch because iPhone is the snappiest phone is totally wrong.

What is going on here???

3. Apple unusually releases a new color version of latest iphone in the middle of the cycle

RED is anything but unusual. Apple always offer RED product as part of AIDS campaign every year.
    Nope. If Android users were switching in numbers, you would see Apple's market share explode. People go in both directions. Smartphone snappiness just isn't an issue today. I switched from an iPhone and haven't looked back. It's not even a high end Android and I have zero speed issues. Ah, And I have an iPhone at home so I really can speak on this subject. What Was the last Android phone you used?
    Read my comment again, no one is not equal to everyone.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 65 of 75
    kevin kee said:
    avon b7 said:
    kevin kee said:
    avon b7 said:
    sflocal said:

The same applies to speed. No one would switch because of the results presented here.

So, does which phone is snappiest in 2017 really have any core value? Not really. 
    I can tell you from personal experience, that many people switch to iPhone because of this very thing: snappy. Even a fraction of second, it gives a whole lot different experiences when it comes to snappiness. Once you tried iPhone after Androids, it will be hard not to switch just because of this one thing: snappy. So to say that no one would switch because iPhone is the snappiest phone is totally wrong.

What is going on here???

3. Apple unusually releases a new color version of latest iphone in the middle of the cycle

RED is anything but unusual. Apple always offer RED product as part of AIDS campaign every year.
    Nope. If Android users were switching in numbers, you would see Apple's market share explode. People go in both directions. Smartphone snappiness just isn't an issue today. I switched from an iPhone and haven't looked back. It's not even a high end Android and I have zero speed issues. Ah, And I have an iPhone at home so I really can speak on this subject. What Was the last Android phone you used?
    Read my comment again, no one is not equal to everyone..
    I was replying to this part:

'I can tell you from personal experience, that many people switch to iPhone because of this very thing'

Also a fraction of a second in daily use just isnt a reason to switch.
  • Reply 66 of 75
    avon b7 said:
    nht said:
    avon b7 said:

I don't need my phone to last. It's one of the reasons bought it. If I had bought an iPhone it would have had to last a lot longer.

The iPhone is NOT fast charging. You can call  the charging process whatever you like but we are talking about fast charging. Nothing else. Charging more quickly than with a standard charger is not the same.

Any kind of charging/discharging use may decrease battery life. That applies to all batteries of this kind (including iPhone batteries). It is a personal thing. You ask your kids to use the standard charger. It may pay off or you might not actually see much difference. At least you can choose what you want to do.

I have been fast charging every day with no noticeable effect on battery life in more than a year and a half. The phone actually shipped with a fast charger as the only option.

Batteries are affected mainly by voltage problems during the charging phase and extreme climates. Again this is independent of the phone.
    The difference between you and I is that I do know what I am talking about which is why I do include the words "maybe" because I understand that what I say does not apply to all Android phones and their quick charge capabilities.  Larger batteries can tolerate quick charges better than smaller ones.  Some implementations of fast charging on Android provides more protections than others.  You on the other hand prefer to provide opinion as facts. 

The iPhone IS fast charging when using a beefier charger because I understand how batteries work, and I've read qualcomm's technical papers regarding how each successive generation of quick charge has improved and you haven't.  Quick Charge is one of several Android fast charging protocols and Apple has its own.  The differences between Qualcomm QuickCharge and Moto's TurboPower and MediaTek's Pump Express and Apple is simply the total wattage it supports along with the number of voltages it will use during charging and how it negotiates power levels.

Apple is more conservative than Qualcomm but the underlying techniques are identical.  The bottom line is that the higher the wattage the quicker the battery charges.

In a year everyone will be doing USB-PD Rev 2 using USB-C instead of bespoke fast charging and it won't matter any more.  Qualcomm QuickCharge 4.0 is essentially USB-PD rev 2 built into the chip. 

watto_cobra
  • Reply 67 of 75
    nht said:
    avon b7 said:
    nht said:
    avon b7 said:

The difference between you and I is that I do know what I am talking about which is why I do include the words "maybe" because I understand that what I say does not apply to all Android phones and their quick charge capabilities.  Larger batteries can tolerate quick charges better than smaller ones.  Some implementations of fast charging on Android provides more protections than others.  You on the other hand prefer to provide opinion as facts. 

The iPhone IS fast charging when using a beefier charger because I understand how batteries work, and I've read qualcomm's technical papers regarding how each successive generation of quick charge has improved and you haven't.  Quick Charge is one of several Android fast charging protocols and Apple has its own.  The differences between Qualcomm QuickCharge and Moto's TurboPower and MediaTek's Pump Express and Apple is simply the total wattage it supports along with the number of voltages it will use during charging and how it negotiates power levels.

Apple is more conservative than Qualcomm but the underlying techniques are identical.  The bottom line is that the higher the wattage the quicker the battery charges.

In a year everyone will be doing USB-PD Rev 2 using USB-C instead of bespoke fast charging and it won't matter any more.  Qualcomm QuickCharge 4.0 is essentially USB-PD rev 2 built into the chip. 

Let me make it clearer.

Plug any iPhone into its charger from zero and do the same with a fast charging Android phone. Unplug them after 20 mins. You will probably see the iPhone left behind. Whichever terminology you choose to employ ,the result will likely be the same. Haven't you tried with your kids' phones?

If you happen to pit the iPhone against a fast charging premium Huawei for example (as has already been done) the iPhone will be left in the dust.

This will probably change with the next generation of iPhones as they will, in all likelihood, include fast charging (or whatever you want to call it). There will definitely be a before and after on iPhones as a result if they do implement it. 

What happens in the future with fast charging is irrelevant in this thread. We are talking about the present. Now. Performance today.

You don't need to read anything.

edited April 2017
  • Reply 68 of 75
    avon b7 said:
    Let me make it clearer.

Plug any iPhone into its charger from zero and do the same with a fast charging Android phone. Unplug them after 20 mins. You will probably see the iPhone left behind. Whichever terminology you choose to employ ,the result will likely be the same. Haven't you tried with your kids' phones?

If you happen to pit the iPhone against a fast charging premium Huawei for example (as has already been done) the iPhone will be left in the dust.
    Yep.  The ZTE Axon Pro has quick charge and a 18W charger.  I have no idea where my Apple charger is so I plug it into a generic USB multiport which provides standard USB 5V 2A charging.  We get about the same amount of runtime after 20 mins charging from dead...but the qualcomm 810 is one generation older than the A10 and a bit buggy.  Presumably an 821 based phone would do better.  I don't own a 6S so can't test the same generation phone (2015).

Not a scientific test but we tend to use our phone heavily enough that by the end of the day we're all out of juice so we charge over dinner before going to activities.  Invariably they run out of juice before I do and I'm playing games on mine as well (Boom Beach, Clash, etc).
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 69 of 75
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Samsung has a huge advantage over the other Android makes. They make all of the components. 

Google's real problem regarding the Pixel's poor sales is the fact that they can't get hold of any more OLED panels. And with Apple in the picture purchasing massive quantities of OLED panels, Samsung is going to kick Google to the curb so to speak. It's no secret that Samsung wants to move away from Android and over to Tizen. With their lock on high end hardware, they have the means to do so. It is going to take LG some time to ramp up OLED production and they will not be able to achieve the same economies of scale that Samsung now has. 

It means that Google will be paying more for those OLED panels. They can either charge more or watch their margins disappear. 

The A11 on 10 nm is going to scream. The GPU will enable levels of game play the Android market can only dream about. The A11 is going to even put a hurting on Intel's Portable Core i7 line. 

In the end, there will be only two. Apple and Samsung. Google is going to have to double down on YouTube. Because Samsung is going to take the Android market from Google. 
    FWIW from today:
    https://venturebeat.com/2017/04/21/google-play-music-to-be-the-default-music-app-on-samsung-devices-globally/
    edited April 2017
  • Reply 70 of 75
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    jony0 said:
    avon b7 said:
    sflocal said:
    LOL.
    […]
    The results are useful for Android users to compare Android phones. The iPhone numbers just is unrequited envy for them.
    Fixed that for ya.
    But you didn't. You fixed it for yourself perhaps but not for me. Perhaps you feel better for it? I went from iPhone to Android so my envy just doesn't exist. Sorry if I'm bursting your bubble but the envy you speak of is non-existent among Android users. 
    Fixed it for everyone who doesn't want your fragmented, malware-infested, insecure, poorly performing iKnockoffs. You've been trolling/shilling for a while now on this site. I've seen plenty of Android shills come and go here, but your comments are like something that just won't flush and go away.
    No. You just can't accept informed opinion. I use Android, iOS and Macs every day. There are some people that never use Android phones o Android and just repeat stuff they've heard or read about somewhere. Most of it completely uninformed. 

I respect their opinions and point out where, in my opinion, they have it wrong. 

The article and comments you are reading are related to Apple and Samsung and iOS and Android. 

If you can't handle the discussion in a respectful way perhaps you should not be participating in this thread. If I am your problem, just ignore me. You will be better off for it, I'm sure.
    Informed opinion?? That is hilarious.

Well, der. The article (and DED isn't prone to factual mistakes) "is" related to Apple and Samsung and iOS and Android, and it makes a mockery of supposedly "more powerful" Android flagships.

I am forced to deal with my fiancees S7 and her S6 before that, because she is always having problems. Too many to list. Plus other family/friends with Android phones from various manufacturers. Don't tell me I don't have experience with Android and it's phones. I'm sick of being their tech support.

My fiancee is not tech-savvy and was afraid to switch to an unfamiliar OS. Thankfully she is switching to an iPhone7 next week when her 1 year contract runs out (finally). On the strength of what she has seen on iOS, especially family sharing, and the rubbish battery life and overheating of her S7. It gets so hot she can hardly hold it to her head on a phone call. Australian summers are hot, but my 7+ runs cool. Her phone "needs" fast charging because it flattens so quickly.

• Reply 71 of 75
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    jony0 said:
    avon b7 said:
    sflocal said:
    LOL.
    […]
    Fixed that for ya.

Well, der. The article (and DED isn't prone to factual mistakes) "is" related to Apple and Samsung and iOS and Android, and it makes a mockery of supposedly "more powerful" Android flagships.

I am forced to deal with my fiancees S7 and her S6 before that, because she is always having problems. Too many to list. Plus other family/friends with Android phones from various manufacturers. Don't tell me I don't have experience with Android and it's phones. I'm sick of being their tech support.

My fiancee is not tech-savvy and was afraid to switch to an unfamiliar OS. Thankfully she is switching to an iPhone7 next week when her 1 year contract runs out (finally). On the strength of what she has seen on iOS, especially family sharing, and the rubbish battery life and overheating of her S7. It gets so hot she can hardly hold it to her head on a phone call. Australian summers are hot, but my 7+ runs cool. Her phone "needs" fast charging because it flattens so quickly.

The article makes a mockery of Android phones? What did you expect from DED? It's what he does and why few people give him any credibility. Even on an Apple site - yes, right here - there are Apple users who groan whenever he presents one of these things.

Some people lap it up but if you want a balanced opinion you are not going to get it from one of his articles. Just as you aren't going to get it from some Windows/Android writers. 

You haven't used any Android phones. You have only been presented with Android problems and tried to help out.

If your girlfriend had so many problems with the S6, why on earth did she then upgrade to an S7?  Especially as she had you next to her to give her better advice? Didn't you suggest a different manufacturer?

If you had overheating problems why didn't you simply return the phone if the simple software fixes didn't work and you weren't getting the right battery life?

Wasn't it clear that she had a hardware problem?
  • Reply 72 of 75
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    jony0 said:
    avon b7 said:
    sflocal said:
    LOL.
    […]
    Fixed that for ya.

The article makes a mockery of Android phones? What did you expect from DED? It's what he does and why few people give him any credibility. Even on an Apple site - yes, right here - there are Apple users who groan whenever he presents one of these things.

Some people lap it up but if you want a balanced opinion you are not going to get it from one of his articles. Just as you aren't going to get it from some Windows/Android writers. 

You haven't used any Android phones. You have only been presented with Android problems and tried to help out.

If your girlfriend had so many problems with the S6, why on earth did she then upgrade to an S7?  Especially as she had you next to her to give her better advice? Didn't you suggest a different manufacturer?

If you had overheating problems why didn't you simply return the phone if the simple software fixes didn't work and you weren't getting the right battery life?

First of all, I said "fiancee" not "girlfriend". I think you skimmed what I said for the points you wanted to take umbrage with.

Yes, a mockery. Accept it or don't, but it doesn't change facts. "Your" balanced opinion is delusional.

I haven't "used" any Android Phones? Good on you for making a giant ill-informed assumption there. I could do what every Android troll who comes on here does. "I've bought every Android product ever made but they've lost their way, blah blah, etc, etc". All I can say is you are WRONG if you think all I've done is dabbled in Android. You claim to use a variety of OS and products. I have my doubt's now.

Why??? Because she has never used a computer. Smartphone is as far as it goes. She enjoys Facebook (god knows why), texting, music and photos. Did you even read that I said she is not "tech-savvy". Against my recommendations she upgraded to S7 (a year ago, you bloody idiot, not long after we met, and now she can get out of her contract) because she was worried about learning a new OS. Again, nice assumptions you've made there.

Now she has had time to try iOS, and cannot wait to switch. Her Jet Black 256Gb iPhone7 is put away for Monday when we can change it.

I downloaded the "Move to iOS" app for it already. The reviews are so funny. A huge number rated it "5" with comments like "great app, made it so easy to switch".

Very small number of from 2 to 4 rated.

The huge number of "1" ratings were Fandroids, "walled garden, no file system, blah, blah." I find it ironic and funny that so many actually downloaded the app, just to leave a negative rating, so they can piss and moan about how much better the "open" Android is.

I use Mac and PC all the time. I have zero problem with iOS not allowing unfettered access. I can easily do everything I need to. The iOS/macOS ecosystem is what I wouldn't trade for anything. Nothing comes close.

Unlike you, I don't visit Android sites, trying to convince people, who are happy with their choice, to switch.

I'll buy "Made in China" when it is a quality, foreign designed and owned product like Apple, Nintendo, etc. But something designed (copied) and made in China? No thanks.

She complained about her "hot" S7 to the authorised seller.. Standard response? "That's normal". Well, great. That helps.

"Software fixes" for overheating and battery life? Doesn't that tell you something? Her children, as well as I, have tried to help as well, trying to install anti-virus, CPU cooling apps, battery optimisation apps, and heaps of other SHIT. Bloatware, in other words. Everytime she tries to do something, she has to put in a PIN.
  • Reply 73 of 75
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    jony0 said:
    avon b7 said:
    sflocal said:
    LOL.
    […]
    Fixed that for ya.

First of all, I said "fiancee" not "girlfriend". I think you skimmed what I said for the points you wanted to take umbrage with.

Yes, a mockery. Accept it or don't, but it doesn't change facts. "Your" balanced opinion is delusional.

I haven't "used" any Android Phones? Good on you for making a giant ill-informed assumption there. I could do what every Android troll who comes on here does. "I've bought every Android product ever made but they've lost their way, blah blah, etc, etc". All I can say is you are WRONG if you think all I've done is dabbled in Android. You claim to use a variety of OS and products. I have my doubt's now.

Why??? Because she has never used a computer. Smartphone is as far as it goes. She enjoys Facebook (god knows why), texting, music and photos. Did you even read that I said she is not "tech-savvy". Against my recommendations she upgraded to S7 (a year ago, you bloody idiot, not long after we met, and now she can get out of her contract) because she was worried about learning a new OS. Again, nice assumptions you've made there.

Now she has had time to try iOS, and cannot wait to switch. Her Jet Black 256Gb iPhone7 is put away for Monday when we can change it.

I downloaded the "Move to iOS" app for it already. The reviews are so funny. A huge number rated it "5" with comments like "great app, made it so easy to switch".

The huge number of "1" ratings were Fandroids, "walled garden, no file system, blah, blah." I find it ironic and funny that so many actually downloaded the app, just to leave a negative rating, so they can piss and moan about how much better the "open" Android is.

I use Mac and PC all the time. I have zero problem with iOS not allowing unfettered access. I can easily do everything I need to. The iOS/macOS ecosystem is what I wouldn't trade for anything. Nothing comes close.

Unlike you, I don't visit Android sites, trying to convince people, who are happy with their choice, to switch.

I'll buy "Made in China" when it is a quality, foreign designed and owned product like Apple, Nintendo, etc. But something designed (copied) and made in China? No thanks.

She complained about her "hot" S7 to the authorised seller.. Standard response? "That's normal". Well, great. That helps.

"Software fixes" for overheating and battery life? Doesn't that tell you something? Her children, as well as I, have tried to help as well, trying to install anti-virus, CPU cooling apps, battery optimisation apps, and heaps of other SHIT. Bloatware, in other words. Everytime she tries to do something, she has to put in a PIN.
    Firstly. If you're having a bad day, I'm sorry.

Secondly, calling people idiots will not earn you much respect.

Third, with the information you gave, I read between the lines a little. A little guesswork. You could have avoided that by expanding a little bit.

Fourth. If you were annoyed by my use of the word 'girlfriend' instead of 'fianceé', I apologise. I haven't heard that word in a conversation in more than 30 years. It may be in common use where you live but that doesn't mean much. Perhaps, 'I am engaged to my girlfriend' isn't very common in your neck of the woods.

Seriously, Is it such an issue?

You said you were forced to resolve Android problems and that went back to the S6. You clearly don't like Android . That's why I said you haven't used Android, only resolved problems. I assumed that If you had actually used Android you would have said so.

Again, I don't see it as a big deal.

Why??? Because she has never used a computer. Smartphone is as far as it goes. She enjoys Facebook (god knows why), texting, music and photos. Did you even read that I said she is not "tech-savvy

Since when does 'not tech-savvy' mean someone has never used a computer? Am I interpreting you incorrectly again?

This is ironic...

Against my recommendations she upgraded to S7 (a year ago, you bloody idiot, not long after we met, and now she can get out of her contract) because she was worried about learning a new OS. Again, nice assumptions you've made there.

Can you see why  I made those assumptions?

As you are going to get married I assumed you had been with her for longer than a year. If you can't quite comprehend that, again  I apologise.

This is also ironic. If you want to pull people up for making logical assumptions don't go making your own false assumptions:

Unlike me? I have never tried to convince anyone to switch. Ever. Virtually all my comments here on Android are to correct half truths, lies, mistakes that get posted. The rest are because I can compare both systems as I am a user of both.

I could go on but I won't.
  • Reply 74 of 75
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    jony0 said:
    avon b7 said:
    sflocal said:
    LOL.
    […]
    Fixed that for ya.

Third, with the information you gave, I read between the lines a little. A little guesswork. You could have avoided that by expanding a little bit.

Fourth. If you were annoyed by my use of the word 'girlfriend' instead of 'fianceé', I apologise. I haven't heard that word in a conversation in more than 30 years. It may be in common use where you live but that doesn't mean much. Perhaps, 'I am engaged to my girlfriend' isn't very common in your neck of the woods.

You said you were forced to resolve Android problems and that went back to the S6. You clearly don't like Android . That's why I said you haven't used Android, only resolved problems. I assumed that If you had actually used Android you would have said so.

Why??? Because she has never used a computer. Smartphone is as far as it goes. She enjoys Facebook (god knows why), texting, music and photos. Did you even read that I said she is not "tech-savvy

Since when does 'not tech-savvy' mean someone has never used a computer? Am I interpreting you incorrectly again?

This is ironic...

Against my recommendations she upgraded to S7 (a year ago, you bloody idiot, not long after we met, and now she can get out of her contract) because she was worried about learning a new OS. Again, nice assumptions you've made there.

As you are going to get married I assumed you had been with her for longer than a year. If you can't quite comprehend that, again  I apologise.

This is also ironic. If you want to pull people up for making logical assumptions don't go making your own false assumptions:

Unlike me? I have never tried to convince anyone to switch. Ever. Virtually all my comments here on Android are to correct half truths, lies, mistakes that get posted. The rest are because I can compare both systems as I am a user of both.

I apologise for the rude comment. Not needed or appropriate. I am not normally like that at all.

But...

Perhaps you should look back over some of your posts. I have read that you suggest to posters here that they should try this Chinese Android phone, and that one. Usually after you say "you've never tried 'this' phone, with this 'feature' or you wouldn't be saying 'that'. You've never used anything but iPhone." Go have a look.

Expand a little bit? I didn't come here wanting to tell my life story. I thought a small amount of context was sufficient, but I guess was wrong.

I've heard of engagements lasting anywhere from 3 months to 10 years. And the proposal happening anywhere from 3 months to never. What pissed me off was you "assuming" that I didn't recommend to my fiancee she change phones, when that happened before we were engaged and not long after we met. Over a year has passed since then. That is enough information.

Where you're from you don't use the term "fiancee"?? Fair enough, but what is that saying? When in Rome, do as the Romans do? I thought it was up to respondents to reply in kind.

Just because I commented my fiancee's S6, and then S7, and "some" of the problems we've been having with them, you assume I haven't touched an earlier Android. Which I have plenty. That is the other thing I took issue with.

Anyway, agree to disagree? No more name-calling from me, however.
  • Reply 75 of 75
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    jony0 said:
    avon b7 said:
    sflocal said:
    LOL.
    […]
    Fixed that for ya.

This is ironic...

I apologise for the rude comment. Not needed or appropriate. I am not normally like that at all.

But...

Perhaps you should look back over some of your posts. I have read that you suggest to posters here that they should try this Chinese Android phone, and that one. Usually after you say "you've never tried 'this' phone, with this 'feature' or you wouldn't be saying 'that'. You've never used anything but iPhone." Go have a look.

Expand a little bit? I didn't come here wanting to tell my life story. I thought a small amount of context was sufficient, but I guess was wrong.

I've heard of engagements lasting anywhere from 3 months to 10 years. And the proposal happening anywhere from 3 months to never. What pissed me off was you "assuming" that I didn't recommend to my fiancee she change phones, when that happened before we were engaged and not long after we met. Over a year has passed since then. That is enough information.

Where you're from you don't use the term "fiancee"?? Fair enough, but what is that saying? When in Rome, do as the Romans do? I thought it was up to respondents to reply in kind.

Just because I commented my fiancee's S6, and then S7, and "some" of the problems we've been having with them, you assume I haven't touched an earlier Android. Which I have plenty. That is the other thing I took issue with.

Anyway, agree to disagree? No more name-calling from me, however.
    Ok Watto. No problem.

Yes, I do sometimes suggest people take a look at this or that phone, company etc.

Normally something I have direct experience with or enough information on to suggest they take a look.

However, most of the time, if you take a look further up the thread you will see something that led to it and my comment simply straightened out a half truth, something that simply wasn't true or was posted to take an unfair (in my opinion at least :-) ) dig at someone or something.

I have a fair bit of experience and knowledge on Huawei so it suits me as a reference for many replies. I'm not asking anyone to switch though. My wife has an iPhone and is very happy. If I wanted to convince people to switch she would be the first in line but I say each to their own. I used to have an iPhone but switched to Android.

Of course, when people start saying crazy things like 'it's a knockoff' and then can't back it up with anything substantial and then start repeating it, I might throw something into the ring to even things out a bit. Not so much for the people saying it, but for other readers that might actually think there is some truth to it.

The result is that you might see me say that Huawei invested more in R&D than Apple but that response was probably to someone who said Huawei didn't innovate, just copied, or whatever.

But yeah, I understand why you could see things that way.