Poll: MacBook RED Mockup And Opinions?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hello, mockup below of MacBook RED. Please vote on this poll. 8)

(edit: Now there are 3 versions of the mockup), Ver 3.0, 2.0, 1.0 respectively:

Be sure to refresh your browser if you've been viewing this thread several times.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    The link is broken.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Should be fixed now. Was tweaking colours.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    It's begging for a flame-job type red and fiery orange, but I resisted.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Red laptops are bad for the same reason that red Ferraris are bad. It makes the user look stupid.

I also think the link with the aids ipod is too strong. Does anyone remember the Family Guy aids song? I can't stop thinking about it when I see red products.

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/..._Guy_AIDS.html
  • Reply 5 of 17
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

Hello, mockup below of MacBook RED. Please vote on this poll. 8)

Where'a the rest of the angles?
  • Reply 6 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

Where'a the rest of the angles?

Hmm... It was pretty damn hard photoshopping a pure-black MacBook into dark-reddish with the right tones and all. I'm too lazy to mockup other angles
  • Reply 7 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

Hmm... It was pretty damn hard photoshopping a pure-black MacBook into dark-reddish with the right tones and all. I'm too lazy to mockup other angles

Maybe you just need to get better at Photoshop.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    Ouch. \
  • Reply 9 of 17
    Sorry about that. If you aren't terribly exacting about the precise hue of red, then it would seem a relatively quick job. If you had to fuss over the bits, then there's no way to take shortcuts.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    I like red but that is just too much.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    On the PC the red strikes at you pretty hard. On the Mac it is more toned down. Yeah, getting the color right on the website is a challenging task for Apple, harder than the non-designer would think. The iPod RED nano is slightly more purple-ish and a bit brighter and slightly less saturated... I might do a MacBook RED version 2.0 mockup to see how it goes.

Well, anyway, keep the feedback coming if you like. Just throwing something up there and seeing what sticks. Haven't done commercial graphic/web design for about 2 years now so I'm out of the critique/ feedback scene for a while (which can be quite brutal sometimes, you totally have to leave your ego at the door, but keep your guts with you...don't take things to seriously yet not be too flippant around your clients and bosses). Commercial- artistic stuff... an interesting beast.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel

Sorry about that. If you aren't terribly exacting about the precise hue of red, then it would seem a relatively quick job. If you had to fuss over the bits, then there's no way to take shortcuts.

Nah it's cool, mockups are done in various ways by different people, or different ways buy the same people. Sometime it's easy to hack something together, other times you need like 5 to 6 layers of gradients and "paint" that way.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    Maybe if it had a black frame around the LCD display and the case was red? Could also have black keys on the keyboard, with red backlit letters. Otherwise, pretty cool.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    Version 2.0:

• Reply 15 of 17
    A bit more ferrari-red and darker, with a slight hue tweak, may look a bit dull when viewing on a Mac...
  • Reply 16 of 17
    Version 3.0 below. Riffing off SpamSandwich's idea...

(edit: Repeating 3 versions of the mockup), Ver 3.0, 2.0, 1.0 respectively:

Be sure to refresh your browser if you've been viewing this thread several times.

• Reply 17 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich

Maybe if it had a black frame around the LCD display and the case was red? Could also have black keys on the keyboard, with red backlit letters. Otherwise, pretty cool.

Cool 8) ... The keys are supposed to be black, it could be blacker in the mockup, it has a slight reddish tinge to simulate reflection off the red parts... (edit: Version 3 has full strong black). Red lettering on black keys would not be very visible though... Red keys in a red notebook would be too intense.