no sign of 17" MBP

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I ordered 17" MBP on 24th Oct, it should be shipping today but no sign of it.

Anyone had any luck with their 17" MBP?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    I'm in the same position, I'll make a post if or when it ships.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    My ship date was originally estimated for 7 Nov but it's now gone back to 14 Nov with estimated delivery on 24 Nov. Gutted.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    when did your ship date get changed? Was it reflected on the apple website or did you have to call them?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by joefrost01

My ship date was originally estimated for 7 Nov but it's now gone back to 14 Nov with estimated delivery on 24 Nov. Gutted.

• Reply 4 of 11
    Keep in mind they ship from China, so you might not get the shipping email until after midnight tonight.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Just chiming in on my 15" being shipped today (ordered Friday); others on other forums thought it may be due to the 160GB HDD, but that's doubtful seeing that mine shipped with one.

Just thought you all may want to know, it's a 17" shipping issue, whatever the delay is. Sorry.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    I am still waiting for mine as well. I ordered on Oct 24th, and my estimated ship date was Nov 7. So far, its still at Nov 7, but nothing has shipped. Someone I know ordered a 15" a day after me (Oct 25th), and he got it already (Nov. 6).....I am not sure why there is such a big delay on the 17". Anyone read/know anything about why such a big delay on the 17"?
  • Reply 7 of 11
    I ordered mine online through the Apple store on Oct. 30th. Originally it said it would ship in 7 to 10 days. When I checked the order status this morning is says Nov. 14th. I'm going nuts, cause this is my first mac, and I can't wait to throw my XP machine out the window.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Just got the email pushing the ship date back till the 14th
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Ship date was reflected on the Apple website. I didn't get an email confirming the change, just looked in the afternoon and it had changed to 14th. That means it'll arrive (maybe) a month after I ordered it.

Still, looks like everyone is in the same boat so I guess they have some sort of issue at the factory.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Vaeth

when did your ship date get changed? Was it reflected on the apple website or did you have to call them?

• Reply 10 of 11
    tony1tony1 Posts: 259member
    Looks like the 14th will be a day for celebration. My bookstore gave the the same date.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    mine has also moved from 7th to 14th... not very happy.

When i phoned to complain i was told there are 300 delayed & they gave me £50 ($95) to make up for the delay