or Connect

Posts by jbella

The other thing that the solar array and biogas facility give Apple is better cost certainty. If you depend wholy on the grid for electricity then you are subject to whatever price fluctuations the local utility will subject you to. Remember Enron and the manufactured energy crisis that California went through? With a solar array, you know how much that electricity is going to cost you for the next 25 years. Apple is doing a similar thing with their new campus in...
I'm going to rewrite your post to: "I can see the response now. If it's an even account or perhaps favorable to Apple, the dirty pro-union libs and/or anti-Apple zealots will write it off as a biased piece concocted by a news organization whose parent company is in bed with Cupertino. And if it's a scathing attack that forever mars the way the world looks at iProducts, the greedy anti-labor and/or Apple zealots will write it off as a lame-stream media hit piece meant to...
I am a bit torn on this because as is often pointed out... Apple is being unfairly singled out even though all their peers are just as guilty. It's not like I can say "I don't want to support a company that lets such abuses occur in the manufacture of their products." and then go buy something else. The only non-hypocritical choice would be to not buy any electronics, textiles, or plastic product ever again. Obviously that is not very practical. On the other hand... I...
I believe the billions that they keep in overseas accounts are revenues that they made in other countries that they have not "repatriated." Apple is hoping for a tax deal in which they can bring that money to the US at a lower tax rate. This is different than the practice of some other corporations of moving their headquarters to the Cayman islands (for example) and moving profits made in the US to tax free accounts there.
Do you think they would have been tossed if they were white and dressed that way? Are all black people now required to wear Armani suits in order to not be treated like criminals?
As an unabashed iPhone fanboy, I have to say, this phone looks great. Not great enough for me to give up my beloved iPhone and switch carriers, but certainly a worthy competitor. Provided it costs something reasonable and actually performs well, this seems certain to give palm a seat at the table. Personally, I think it's fantastic that another company seems to understand that hardware is nice, but software is where it's at. The smart phone industry would have been...
Apple has never updated their hardware as fast the the Dell's of the world. But all they have to do is slap the new chip or motherboard into one of their old cases and they are done. You'll get your quad core macs this year. Just not right NOW. And besides.. the Quad Core Xeons are not even available yet. So they couldn't upgrade their Mac Pros.
This is exactly why Apple is no longer going to do MacWorld. Some third party company decides that early in January Apple has to have to have some killer products ready to wow everyone with. If they don't absolutely blow the socks off everyone, it will be deemed a failure and a bad omen for the company's fiscal year. Who needs that? Another point I'd like to make is that while Apple's hardware has always been pretty sexy.. I get just as excited over their software....
Notice that they said that they had it running on an iPhone. They never said they had a finished product. "Having it running" can mean anything from: "the system comes up and I shows my position on a map without crashing too much" to "the system is feature complete and ready to go." Given that this was early on.. I would more likely believe the former. They also certainly never said that Apple was stonewalling them.
Want synced notes and to-do list? Try Evernote and Zenbe Lists