or Connect

Posts by SixnaHalfFeet

Maybe ... or maybe not. Could be some politicking on behalf of Apple to get the EPEAT standards body to consider changing the rules a little (glue may become ok very soon). The backpedal may be signaling that EPEAT has decided it is willing to change the standard.
Mike you are stuck in the past what is your business? The only thing preventing an iPad from accomplishing any of those "useful" tasks that you "need" are developers who have written the software and manufacturers who have made the devices that communicate via WiFi and Bluetooth instead of USB. There is nothing but a desire to hold onto old tech that is holding an iPad back from the "serious" computing that any other $600 PC can do.
I'm totally with you except for the RSS loss. I can't stand Firefox, because I use RSS feeds a lot to check the news. Firefox doesn't support them like Safari. I guess I have to start shopping for an RSS reader, what a bummer. I have had the best browsing experience via Safari for the Mac. I have tried many different browsers on both the Mac and Windows. Firefox, Opera, Windows Internet Explorer, Camino, Chrome, Netscape, Mozilla; but I keep returning to Safari, I just...
Gives us a new view of the 1 percenters. They are the ones who say they are "unlikely" to buy Apple products, or say their next purchase is going to be a Droid. Gives you a new insight to the posters around here who say they switched from Apple to Droid and love it.
Please don't spread FUD. Your information is outdated. There is no known risk of cancer due to radio frequency energy, the reputable studies just don't show any links. There is always room for more research into this issue, but so far no increase in risk has been found. Read some very good information from the National Cancer Institute here: http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/cellphones
  Please, there may be elitist shenanigans going on, but your language sounds like dock worker droll. If you wish to be taken seriously I suggest you use different words. Nobody is going to take a dock workers opinions about pro-level laptops or "pro" branded laptops. Not that there is anything wrong with being a dock worker, it is just that that kind of language outside of the waterfront is very inappropriate, especially in professional settings.   I agree with...
LOL, thanks needed a chuckle today.
Yes, while magsafe would be nice and all, I think thunderbolt/USB would be better. Or better yet, both.
You say that like it is a bad thing. :)
Cue the haters, time for you to pipe in about Apple controlling everything.   I see it more as the lawless (web) frontier is getting a Justice of the Peace to keep the bad guys in check.   Wouldn't you love to see a movie with Steve Jobs as a digital age detective Callahan squeezing the Flashback programmers necks and saying, "Go ahead, make my day!"