or Connect

Posts by SixnaHalfFeet

Cue the haters, time for you to pipe in about Apple controlling everything.   I see it more as the lawless (web) frontier is getting a Justice of the Peace to keep the bad guys in check.   Wouldn't you love to see a movie with Steve Jobs as a digital age detective Callahan squeezing the Flashback programmers necks and saying, "Go ahead, make my day!"
Hit me the same way. It sounds they are slapping their potential customers, but in a back-handed way that they think will be less offensive. Like they are trying to say: "Wake up, you dummy. Be bold, not spineless." Who will give their money to someone who is abusive to them? Oh yeah, Windows lovers.
How about "Windows Really Terrible"? Any others?
Bean counters may agree with you, since the Mac Pro is such a small market for Apple. However, I think it would be foolish to kill the content creation engines. The new markets are content consumers, iPad, iPhone, iPod, iMac (some content creation), but the majority of content creation is done on Mac Pro and killing it would require those folks to use Windows or Linux machines to create content. And it you tick off content creators, they may not want to create content for...
Agreed.
This last quote of Sharov strikes me as FUD. Sharov is trying to spread FUD, what is his purpose? "Safety is going down very quickly", seriously? There are 0 self replicating and self installing viruses for the Mac. There is one active trojan, the previous trojans have been squashed. This one is in the process of being squashed. How is the safety of the Mac going down quickly?
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish. -Euripides Greek tragic dramatist (484 BC - 406 BC)
Ah, but look at the Apple product lineup now and the Apple website. Steve all but eliminated the "Macintosh" name from Apple, so he never warmed up to the name either. I like the name Siri, and now that I know the Norwegian definition of the name I like it even more (of course I am of Scandinavian ancestry and thus admit my bias). However, with the passing of Steve, the Siri name is liable to be with us for a very long time, unlikely to be eliminated.
It always amazes me how much thought Apple puts into their products. Most companies would go for the quick easy fix, and then warn you not to leave their device on charge more than x-odd hours. Apple instead thought of a way to allow you to leave your device plugged in as long as you like, very smart. People who don't think as much react with, "foul" instead of considering that there was a good reason for the behavior observed.
Have you ever listened to Ira Glass? I would not call him a journalist or a sober minded professional. He is an entertainer pretending to be a journalist, he got caught going beyond the pale this time. It won't be the last time he attempts to go beyond, his show is based on it.