or Connect

Posts by Gatorguy

'k. Thanks
As I understand it Apple is creating an ad exchange service. You as an Apple user are put into various pots that include include other Apple users with similar profiles. In one instance you might be grouped with others making $100K-$140K per year, working in lending, renting their home, single, no children, living in the Southwest, traveling several times a year and interested in photography. When you enter Apple's ecosystem (open your browser, start an appropriate app)...
Why does Apple need to start "selling you" as it's often put here, and literally to the highest bidder. If it's all about you as a customer what does this do for you? What does it add to the iOS experience?It's understood that folks get a whole lot of free services from Google (gmail, search, office apps, Youtube, maps, news, Google Drive, calendar) paid for by advertisers anxious to sell their products to you. What is Apple giving you in return? Nothing I can see.So again...
LOL! You substituted patent troll yet again for NPE. At least you are consistent Soli.Attorney: So you did in fact hit the blue truck at the intersection.You: NO, I did not hit the red truck
Ah, the Bactrian Camel.http://emojipedia.org/bactrian-camel/Excellent fit. OOPS, Dromedary.http://www.emojibase.com/emojilist/camelWhen I was a kid I used ti get my Camels and Lucky Strikes mixed up too,
FWIW there are several smartphones that offer 4K video recording. http://www.phonearena.com/news/Smartphones-with-4K-video-recording---just-how-many-of-them-are-there_id61911 Several 4K display smartphones will be appearing next year according to both Qualcomm and Display Search. Do we need 'em? Probably not.
No it did not. But you are the only one in this thread saying anything about Apple being or not being a patent troll (except for Eric), The OP commented on NPE's in post 17 and you disagreed with him by interchanging NPE with patent troll as tho they were one and the same, something no one had even mentioned. Some tilting at windmills perhaps?You've still yet to admit RC is in fact a non-practicing entity and put an end to this silly word play. Here's your chance.
The whole sentence where you claim I'm calling them a patent troll? That one supposedly defending them from my comments? ? cough:bull:coughSo then we can agree that RC is an NPE but not a patent troll. Dang, that was worse than pulling teeth and I can vouch for that from recent experience.
Sucks when facts get in the way of another personal "I've never seen whatever" story, eh?
Perhaps sometimes it's not just about the money. Personally I hope that folks make it successful and the ads and requisite user data mining is reduced at least. In reality I think too many folks talk the talk but the walk isn't for them. I'm afraid most still want free and won't pay to play, leaving no real option for site owners and providers other than even more intrusive and effective data mining to pay for it.