or Connect

Posts by Gatorguy

Since Tim Cook has quoted from IDC reports Apple likely buys them too.
All those other companies are paying Comscore or Kantar or whoever for favorable market reports? I don't ever remember seeing reliable mention of Google paying any of them, and don't really recall MS doing so either tho they might have. As for "Android" paying anyone for marketing that would be darn near impossible since there is no single "Android" entity. Now Samsung may be a different matter.
Related to that their 20th Anniversary is coming up and there's apparently some big deals to be had. There's even special pricing for UK Prime. From AndroidCentral:"Amazon is turning 20 on July 15, and to commemorate the occasion, the retailer will offer "more deals than Black Friday." Dubbed Prime Day, the retailer is promising a "global shopping event" that will be open to Prime subscribers in the US, the UK, Spain, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, Canada, and Austria. To...
The world's first "liquidmetal" phone? This came out of no where. http://www.turingphone.com/ EDIT: Available for pre-order at the end of the month. Figured it was farther out.
It doesn't affect Apple one iota. I was just surprised that Winphone had any modicum of success anywhere.
It was this
Neil, (NHughes) talked about it earlier today here:http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/187053/appleinsider-podcast-discusses-apple-music-the-iphones-8th-birthday-plus-listener-questions#post_2744198
Well I'm surprised. I had no idea Winphones had any legs at all, even in one country. There's rarely mention anywhere about them. I appreciated the OP's post.
Not the right decision by Google to include the "OK Google" hotword option in the open-source Chromium, particularly without explaining it. Bad Google. They did the right thing by removing it. As for selling Chrome extensions it's already useless for Windows and sometime this month useless for Mac too. They can't be re-purposed for things like adware. If an extension is not approved by Google for inclusion in the official Web Store they can't be installed or used and...
Skirt what issue? The question was whether YouTube paid for licensed content. They do. It wasn't stolen nor is YouTube making money from music they don't have a license for AFAIK. Feel free to correct me. Furthermore I'm pretty sure I remember reading that Google blocks YouTube downloader extensions in Chrome and doesn't allow apps for it in Google Play either. This is from section 4.4.1 of the Developer TOS:"You agree that you will not engage in any activity with the...