or Connect

Posts by Gatorguy

Yup. Good to see you've decided to actually look for some background on the patent fight between Moto and Apple.So you've found there's still some old "before Google" cases filed a few years back and still dragging along. Some still haven't even been heard yet. And still no new infringement claims since Google bought 'em.Sure would be a nice gesture if both Moto (or Google) and Apple would just agree to drop it all, but probably won't happen. Perhaps Apple will be more...
Did your Apple stock get a nice bump from the last big win over Samsung?
Other than one off-the-cuff remark to Hauser I don't believe Samsungs argument goes so far as to say the patents have no value. They argue they're not as valuable as Apple would like to claim, they also aren't infringed, and in addition some may not even be valid. They're all over the page and trying to cover all the bases but saying the patents have no value at all isn't one of them. I personally disagree with some of the arguments from both sides but doesn't matter as...
Sure they did. Patents have little value. Oh wait. . .http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/152042/motorolas-seven-patent-itc-complaint-against-apple-detailed
They'd probably have the same outcome as Google too.
I'm with you. I don't believe Rockstars CEO either.
ummm... okay. That wasn't a new lawsuit, decided before Google purchased MM. Even the injunction was already in place before the MM deal closed. It would have been a nice gesture for Google to request the injunction be dismissed after they bought Moto, but of course they didn't. Not sure any company would have but perhaps Lenovo will drop all the litigation now, depending of course on whether Apple will let their lawsuits die too.
A couple of errors in your post.Apple, Microsoft and the rest of the group have no ownership in the patents being used by Rockstar. They are supposedly simple investors in that company just like other PAE's, aka patent trolls like Intellectual Ventures, have investors. That's according to Rockstar's CEO.Second, Google was never a part of Rockstar Bidco nor has there ever been a claim from any of the group that Google was ever invited to join them. You've confused Nortel...
Thanks for the input. I'll rephrase then... I was shocked to find out SSL wasn't actually secure.
Excellent use of a False Dilemma sir...