or Connect

Posts by Gatorguy

So no comment from you then whether under the circumstance described Apple might be considered an unwilling licensee and subject to a possible ITC action.
Oh, I noted it which doesn't address my post question. Would Apple then be an unwilling licensee if a court certifies the offer as FRAND? Even the letter explaining the Presidents's veto of the previous Apple exclusion order noted that circumstance as possible grounds for the ITC to take action. The ITC shortly thereafter affirmed it in their response to the Presidential action."Froman said import bans should be issued based on essential patents only in rare...
Of course they would. Apple's history means nada, only the specifics of this case would be considered.If (perhaps a big if) Ericsson gets a favorable ruling from the Texas court and Apple won't then take a license under those District court-sanctioned Ericsson terms it makes Apple an unwilling licensee, correct? Apple could end up filing an appeal of the Texas ruling while under an ITC exclusion order barring certain products from import, a poor bargaining position. ...
The Ericsson subsidiary involved in this case is based in Plano Texas. The parent company is of course in Sweden. Of further note is that Ericsson successfully defended their LTE FRAND-licensing when Samsung was forced into a $650M plus ongoing royalties settlement last year.
There is a scenario where Apple could see an exclusion order. If Ericsson can successfully show that the offer made to Apple was a fair one, offered under FRAND terms, and Apple still refused it the likelihood of the ITC blocking Apple device imports goes way up. That's what the Texas filing is intended to prove. I don't think the President (actually his rep) would overrule in that case either.With that out of the way I also agree with you tmay. I think Ericsson can put...
Pretty sure they mention a couple of other payment providers and how they stack up. The free excerpt doesn't include it but look at the table of contents. There's a heck of a lot of details available for those that need to know as a matter of business.
I don't see any issue with the questions. Here they are:"To what extent is Apple Pay accepted in the stores you visit?"When you're out shopping and are ready to pay have you ever specifically asked if the store accepts Apple Pay?""Have you gone to any merchants that were supposed to accept Apple Pay only to find out that Apple Pay was not accepted in the store you visited?"and the one I'll assume you were curious about:"When using Apple Pay did you encounter any problems...
The patents Ericsson is claiming Apple is using without paying for the rights are not all FRAND-pledged. That's plainly noted in the AI article, so your mention that if Apple patents something it doesn't mean they have to allow others to use it would apply equally to Ericsson too, correct?EDIT: Here's what Ericsson had to say. Note they mention the purpose of the Texas filing is for a court to decide if Ericsson's offer to Apple was fair. Of particular significance is the...
A quibble but it's not on the purchase price it's on the wholesale cost to Apple, ie the build cost. It's also a very common royalty basis. Apple pays royalties to other IP holders based on the build costs too. Fair? IMO perhaps not in some cases but it's an industry standard that all the manufacturers deal with.
When Apple's Rockstar Consortium sued Google guess where they filed?