or Connect

Posts by Gatorguy

http://www.androidcentral.com/app-permissions-are-getting-massive-overhaul-android-m
Perhaps smarter would be to put one on each side. It's irritating to wrap a charging cord around the opposite side and keep it out of the way. One on each side is the way to go.
Mozilla ain't happy about the default Win10 settings either. "Mozilla CEO Chris Beard has blasted Microsoft in a pair of posts to the organization's blog, arguing that Windows 10's default browser settings are a "dramatic step backwards" for respecting user choice. When people update their devices to Microsoft's new operating system, their default browsers are automatically changed to Microsoft Edge, the successor to Internet Explorer that's included with Windows 10....
I know the announcements were close together but I think the Pixel began shipping before the MacBook, "first to market". And you're correct, as often is the case the Apple product will be remembered as being first due to their very high profile. They have the power and influence to push the industry in any direction they wish for the most part, Thunderbolt perhaps being an exception.
You have a point. It may not be as clear as I thought. See PM.OK. thanks again for the opinion. ...and FWIW Microsoft won the 3-judge Fed appeal today The value of SEP's may be impacted depending on how other courts decipher it, something Nokia and Qualcomm won't like hearing. The patent standards in Apple and Google's portfolios aren't there for revenue anyway, but Microsoft apparently is willing to forgo royalities they are getting from FRAND-pledged IP. My guess is...
The Chromebook Pixel may have been the first to market with a USB-C port, two of them in fact. But if so it wasn't by much. The Nokia N-1 tablet and Apple's MacBook were in the same general time-frame....and yes Win10 and Android M also support USB-C. Devices incorporating it should be plentiful later this year.
There will be a new damages trial, perhaps sometime in September I think. Not certain. Even higher damages are possible in the second go-round but at least the question of willfulness was settled. Gilstrap ruled it was not.Note too that there is a second Smartflash lawsuit filed against Apple which hasn't reached trial yet. It may get confusing.@Ppietra, thanks for pointing out the comment was the Moto acquisition and not sale. You could be correct and I might be wrong but...
See post 7
I believe you would be wrong yet again.The Forbes writer was not the only one to report the tax writeoffs to Google's benefit:"The tax benefits of the deal make what was a good deal into a great deal," said Robert Willens, a New York accounting and tax expert. He estimated that through the acquisition, Google can expect to reap $700m a year in tax deductions from future profits each year through 2019. Google also will be able to immediately reduce its taxes by $1bn due to...
It's still Motorola's lawsuit. Even per your own link "The case is Microsoft Corp vs. Motorola Mobility Inc et al, 14-35393". More details on the case here:http://www.essentialpatentblog.com/2015/04/ninth-circuit-to-hear-oral-argument-on-motorolas-appeal-of-judge-robarts-ruling-microsoft-v-motorola/Sog, do you think the only company paying royalties on former Motorola IP is Microsoft? Where the heck do you find there's only $3M in royalties over the past three year?. In...