or Connect

Posts by Gatorguy

Microsoft has a real interest in Android too now. They've decided to invest in Cyanogen, one of the premier Android modders-turned-forkers. Should be fun times ahead.
Note Google has also developed their own programming languages:Gohttp://mashable.com/2009/11/10/go-google-language/and Darthttps://www.dartlang.org/
That's all fine and good but it's not iPhone vs. Nexus. It 's about the best choice for integrating a sensor into the Nexus 6 which has a nuch larger display than even the 6+ yet fits the same still very large footprint. What benefit would be derived from making the Nexus significantly taller than it already is? IMHO putting it on the back is the better choice for that particular phone and makes sense.Read back to my first post. I stand by it 100% tho I'm willing to...
It's not a pay wall. Click the calibrate button and it takes to to a screen where you can use either a drivers license or credit card to adjust the on-screen image until they match.
LOL! It won't cost anything. You just hold a credit card up to the image on the next screen to adjust the size.But simply read the dimensions and look at the pictures if you'd rather. Or download the two images and life-size them yourself. The two are nearly identical in size. It should be visually obvious that quite a bit more space would need to be created on the Nexus to fit a reader.Edit>I did it for you. The chin on the Nexus measures 5/16". The iPhone 6+ measures...
Those CAD files you mentioned. Until then we can use this tho:http://www.phonearena.com/phones/size/Google-Nexus-6,Apple-iPhone-6-Plus/phones/8626,8908Note the Nexus display is already significantly larger than the quite large 6+ yet both have nearly identical footprints. Again what is the benefit to making the Nexus even larger?
Then when you find it we can discuss it further. Until then I don't see a reason for either of our opinions to change.
No where near large enough to incorporate a fingerprint sensor. Adding another 1/2-3/4" to accommodate one is not a better solution than adding a sensor to the back where fingers naturally lay anyway. IMHO. Do you really think it's worth creating an even larger footprint?
The Nexus 6 is already a very large phone. Android phone don't typically have physical home buttons on the front either, and certainly not relatively large ones. For Apple to add the touch sensor to an existing home button makes good sense. Adding another 3/4" in height to a very large Android phablet only to add a touch sensor doesn't sound like a better solution than making use of already "dead" space in an area that your finger would naturally reside anyway. Am I...
That reads like foolishness.The article is about the Nexus 6 not an iPhone, and my comments were directed at what I think is the best placement for a touch sensor on that particular phablet Android phone. It would seem you might be arguing about a phone you don't own and probably a platform you've never used. What would that make you look like again?