or Connect

Posts by Gatorguy

With the HBO and CBS announcements (particularly CBS "all platforms supported" comment) it may be the reason for Google's Nexus Player announcement yesterday too. I'd imagine Apple has their own reveal today.
If you'd do as I do and try to avoid responding to trollish posts some of the ones that rely on it may find it's not as much fun and do so less often. AI would be better off for it.
Yes it does."We applaud Google for including a ‘kill switch’ solution in its new version of Android, one of the most popular smartphone operating systems in the world," San Francisco district attorney George Gascón and New York attorney general Eric Schneiderman say in a statement. "The majority of smartphone owners now have access to a theft-deterrent solution." That said, Gascón and Schneiderman says that there's still work to be done, as they want to see all smartphones...
This is the way Google words it."Support for 64-bit SoCs using ARM, x86, and MIPS-based coresShipping 64-bit native apps like Chrome, Gmail, Calendar, Google Play Music, and morePure Java language apps run as 64-bit apps automatically"
Good questions. I'm not convinced Google has a great mobile plan yet, but at the same time what was the alternative to creating their own OS'es? Microsoft wasn't going to welcome them, which is what prompted Google Android in the first place, and Apple isn't a reliable long-term partner. If they see a market advantage in their own solutions rather than a partners they do it.As for the Nexus 6 it doesn't interest me at all, just too big. At the same time if every one of the...
...or if you're in the other camp they may be saying "suck on this".
Since when did surprised=excited? And you truly think it's a "moderate software update" for Android devices. If you considered iOS7 & 8 moderate too I suppose.Moving from a 32 bit to a 64-bit OS now unified across smartphones, tablets, TV and auto, and delivering more useful notifications, added lock-screen security options, automatic encryption of user data, much-improved power management, multiple user profiles on the same smartphone (those with young children will like...
I don't think Nexus device owners wait for carriers to roll out OS updates. Those are the only ones I was referring to.
A bit surprised that Android5.x Lollipop will be coming to the old Nexus 4's and original Nexus 7 (2012). I thought Google had considered 18 months as the update limit ( I read that here IIRC), but apparently that's not accurate. That old Nexus 7 is more than two years old now, dating back to June of 2012. I still have that one, dragging it out once in awhile for reading magazines. Still not sold on the need for tablets, personally preferring devices with attached...
Qualcomm has been shipping 64-bit chipsets that have already appeared in Android handsets. Oddly they chose to start with low and mid-grade chips like the 410 and 610. Perhaps Qualcomm had little faith in their early designs?http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/35902-snapdragon-615-610-and-410-can-run-android-l-64-bit