or Connect

Posts by Gatorguy

Shared identifiable info? Hardly anymore than Apple shared customers personally identifiable pictures. So ya got nuthin. As I suggested if you wish to continue start a new thread. I'm in.
Bull. Do you have a few links to the facts about sharing with outside parties of identifiable user data that Google has supposedly been caught doing on multiple occasions? There is no real difference in the way identifiable data is handled at Google or Apple. Google never shares personally identifiable data either except under the same general strict rules as Apple does. In most cases that would either be with partners that are performing a service on behalf of them (and...
Google has an excellent track record of protecting customer's personal data too. Again so what? In the past few months Apple has moved closer to Google's ad model instead of away from it while protecting individual users data just as Google does. Not just with TV viewing either:"Brands buying on iTunes Radio inventory can also tap Customer Match, Apple's newly beefed up ad-targeting product. It offers advertisers custom segmenting of Apple's users, based on its IDFA mobile...
Oh, so by that reasoning Apple is willing to share data to get a US license and an Australian license but draws the line at other overseas licenses?? Strange logic.Apple recently noted it was willing to share more data with partners to get them to buy into working with Apple. So what? If they wanted to roll out to more countries they could unless there's something you know of preventing it that doesn't seem to prevent other streaming services from doing so.
?? What would that have to do with Apple's failure to roll-out to more countries? Nothing AFAIK
Spot on sir. Apple does not have sufficient cash to do the buyback's without bringing some of their money "home". In actuality most of it is here in the US but in bank accounts owned by foreign subsidiaries so technically held overseas.It's an excellent deal anyway as according to the previous loan docs they're only paying about 1% interest to a consortium of banks, which I assume includes the requirement that a significant amount of Apple's "overseas" money be deposited...
It's not meant as a mystery. It wasn't pertinent so I didn't see a need to mention it. It was simply used to point out there's no obvious roadblock to a wider roll-out of Apple's iRadio if that's what they wanted to do, counter to what the OP had said. FWIW it's Google's music subscription but others too offer subscriptions in far more countries than Apple's iRadio does.
Others companies seem to have managed to do so. I've no doubt Apple could too if they really wanted to. IMO it's a simple business decision thy made to hold off on it.EDIT: These are the countries with available music subscriptions from a particular competitor:Australia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia,...
Thanks. So Apple is going to spend something in Ireland to build a data-center. That's good. They'll even employ a couple hundred Irishmen to run it someday soon. Good again. It doesn't at all change the fact that Ireland was realizing very very little financial benefit from their special tax arrangement with Apple just as I said. The tax collected was capped at a minuscule amount and tallied using a random method according to documents discovered by the EU Commission.In...
You expect a repatriated rate of less than 12%?