or Connect

Posts by Gatorguy

I'm with you. I don't ever see Apple selling it. Of course I can't imagine Google selling it either.
Quite honestly I don't remember Google mocking and bashing iOS, much less for app curation. I consider it in the same vein as an old wive's tale. I can only recall a single instance where Google themselves referenced Apple in a relatively minor way tho perhaps you know of other cases. Now some bloggers/users have certainly done so in their personal comments or on their private sites. In retrospect it does look pretty silly doesn't it?
The last time he did the rounds with his privacy talks last fall it was preceding some significant changes in Apple's iAd platform that might raise eyebrows about data and monetizing users. I personally think Cook in the past 2 weeks was attempting to get out in front of potential issues, like another reported iAd change involving user data last week along with this current one concerning TV, that might soon be public and perhaps not initially well received by some...
So far it's only rumor so obviously what they're willing to share isn't really known yet. It could be no data at all like most everyone else, supposedly "anonymised/aggregated" stuff only, or more specific data tied to a particular household or user. Really should wait and see before declaring what data is shared, if any, and how.
As long as I can smoke ribs I'm good.
From the source article:"By dangling the “data carrot,” Apple is offering something that traditional cable companies, Amazon and Netflix have refused to hand over to programmers."
Popular request.
Oh I would agree that Google may well make it progressively harder to use unofficial app stores.But still the fact remains Google officially prevents it as well. It takes some significant user input to side-load an app, something NOT from Google Play.The person first has to dismiss a security warning or two and then find the setting that turns off the default Android security setting to then allow 3rd party apps to be installed. You didn't know that?EDIT: To Google's...
If Apple can't prevent it how could Google?
Yes Google has always had humans involved in vetting apps, but they were relying on user feedback to flag those folks to potentially problematic apps AFTER the fact. The initial approval process relied on automated checking of code and functions.Now they've added humans to the app approval process too which they should have always done in addition to the automated process IMO. A computer-based inspection of the underlying code no doubt catches a lot of bad players before...