or Connect

Posts by Gatorguy

What are you going on about? The first part of the sentence speaks to why they will offer intellectual property protection, guaranteed by the Constitution:"To promote the progress of science and the useful arts"And to do that they will allow:"securing, for limited times, to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries. "That second half of the sentence has nothing to do with the rationale behind allowing patents. It depends on the...
If you assume the author is correct and Samsung will dump Android it won't really matter. The same author believes Google is dropping Android too.
So you just ignore the words "promoting progress"?
Yet essentially useless to Apple for 10 years. I do agree with the rest of your post tho.
I'd still like your opinion on what you believe the founders meant by "promote the progress of science"? The other questions I put to you probably aren't as important.
In today's trial news there was a "gotcha" moment. Apparently Samsung's attorneys got one of Apple's two expert witnesses on damages to admit his calculations relied on. . get this. . . the other expert witnesses damage calculations. He admitted on the stand that if the other expert was wrong then he would be too. Doh!
Right you are sir.
He didn't want to license or sell his patent. His dream was to build the units himself in his own factory and sell a finished product to the auto manufacturers.
Thanks! Now his post makes sense. Nice to have folks like you step in to translate for some of us once in awhile With that out of the way could the SEC or some other government agency penalize Samsung if they really were attempting to manipulate Apple stock? I know nothing about it.
In Korea of course since they don't have a presence in the US stock market.