or Connect

Posts by Gatorguy

I'm not saying Apple didn't already have an interest in eSIMS. Quite the opposite as I'm guessing Apple is joining the standards-setting group now to protect those interests.Why do you think Apple has decided to join the group if not for that reason?EDIT: Perhaps Apple hasn't actually decided to join the initiative, instead only committing to use it and not necessarily instead of their own solution either? This is a bit confusing:The GSMA said it was “continuing to work...
IMHO Apple joining in now is primarily to protect their own interests in this (as some of the other companies are doing) as the standard is developed. I remember reading about a standards setting group for eSIMS several months ago and there were a number of companies involved. The group was initially put together back in September of 2014. I had posted this previously: " There’s actually quite a few companies involved besides Samsung and the recently added Apple and...
Originally he said 15M by the end of 2015 IIRC. At one point he had even surmised they might hit 15M within the first three months. After a couple of posts pointing out how hard that would be he changed it to within 12 months.EDIT: Yup I did recall correctly.
Would you be essentially saying "they're poor they don't deserve internet"? I get it. It they don't want to be poor they should just decide to be rich."The web is where we go to connect with people, learn new subjects, and find opportunities for personal and economic growth. But not everyone benefits from all the web has to offer. As many as 26% of households earning less than $30,000 per year don’t access the Internet, compared to just 3% of adults with annual incomes...
Apple has been know to make a few donations of product and /or services. Microsoft has an active charitable program. Google's outreach programs are well documented. You really think that Google is building out a fiber network in Kampala, Uganda because that's where the money is? There's lots of places Google could get a better return on a fiber network investment, don't you think?No it's not always about the money.
It doesn't always have to be "how much money is in it for me" does it? Sometimes it's just the right thing to do.
What does this mean:http://bluvision.com/physical-web-eddystone-ibeacon-support/"BEEKS beacons now include full support for all three of the new Eddystone advertisement formats. Interleaving between iBeacon and Eddystone is now simple. Your beacons can broadcast Eddystone UID, URL and TLM along with sBeacon and iBeacon."It seems to be saying they can broadcast all three standards simultaneously. If that would actually be impossible could you explain why so I could...
I wasn't trying to convince you to like'em. I was pointing out that you might have misunderstood some of the Eddystone details.
Seems you're only disagreeing with a single point of the five rather than 1, 2 or 3. Accurate? BTW I do appreciate the detail about beacons and multiple broadcast support. "It doesn't work that way" is good enough for me. Honestly.Edit:Eddystone support is rolling out faster than might be...
"Clueless"? LOL!I'll respond without insults which look even sillier when you turn out to be incorrect....to be a cross-platform solution with added capabilities beyond what Apple's iBeacon currently offers."Configure Estimote Beacons to broadcast EddystoneUpdate your beacons’ firmware to version 3.1.1. You can use the Estimote iOS or Android app to do that.Change the broadcasting scheme of a beacon to Eddystone-UID or Eddystone-URL. You can change back to the default...