or Connect

Posts by Gatorguy

Yet another reason why the next version may be quite different from this initial one, and IMO it won't be all that long before we see it.
Since Apple reportedly had to change direction in the middle of the river to get the initial version out (their medical focus on health-monitoring sensors got shot down by the FDA) I personally would expect the next gen Apple Watch to be a differently focused product which would probably include significant hardware changes.It doesn't seem unreasonable to think that 2nd gen would be ready by this coming Spring if not earlier...
Considering no one here has actually used one unlike the folks at The Verge it's a little early to say it was unfair isn't it?
It's pretty certain Apple sent them an Apple Watch to review prior to it's release with the requirement they publish a review... BEFORE the official retail release. I think I also recall reading that when Apple does so one of the stipulations is that the review be run by them first before the article is published.Apple's marketing arm doesn't typically do dumb stuff. If they didn't trust the Verge to do a fair review they wouldn't have sent them one to review. Pretty simple.
This article says Apple acknowledged some problems which were in the process of being addressed in upcoming software updates. If The Verge made it up why would Apple say they had updates coming that fixed some of it?
Apple would have been the one to send it to them with the agreement they publish a review, right? IIRC they're even required to run the review past Apple before publishing it so that potential issues can be addressed. I imagine Apple knows what they're doing.
Yup. that's why I said it will take a couple of years before the value/usefulness is clearer.
I think you still misunderstand. Apple allowed for the taxes due on their profits realized outside of the US, to be paid when the money comes Stateside. In truth much if not most of it is already Stateside but technically under foreign ownership so not yet subject to the taxes that would be due.If they actually pay the Australians or Brits or whoever any corporate taxes it would be deducted from what's owed to the US government. It's not additional taxes. So yes they've...
You really think the politicos didn't know all about the tax avoidance? IMO of course they did. They were in cahoots with business, just as most Western governments favor business over the common man when there's money involved. How do you think politicians get so wealthy in office?The reason for all these sudden tax investigations is obvious: They can't operate under the radar anymore. Too many in the public now know about it and many of them are angry and asking...
Wrong. Apple already made "allowances" for the taxes owed so the cost has already been factored in. They state the deferred amounts in their financials filed with the SEC. They just haven't paid them, hoping at some point the tax owed on those profits will be reduced by legislative action. As is they just won't pay it. They can wait it out.