or Connect

Posts by Gatorguy

There is no "someone" at Google looking at your emails. That's far too inefficient to do even if there was no other reason not to.Instead just like every other email provider, yes including Apple, the emails are machine-scanned. Some companies just try to weed out some of the spam as best they can, others go a bit further and might remove/block emails that don't follow their TOS, perhaps by noting keywords found in them. In addition some also log keywords that might...
I did. Those are from Apple's news page for advertisers. Since you missed the link the first time here it is againhttp://advertising.apple.com/news/Includes announcement of new ad-targeting features in Wallet, Apple Music and News, making "you are the product" according to the popular meme. Just the kinds of things Tim Cook just pointedly proclaimed Apple had no interest in.
Good on Google for not hiding it, I think most of us are well-aware what Google does. Not generally known is Apple's work in the same field. So not so great for Mr. Cook to so vociferously speak out against data-mining and targeted ads while they quietly make progress in doing some of the same.I;ve got no big issue with ad-supported services whether it's Google, Apple or whoever but IMO Apple should be consistent in both word and deed. Otherwise it borders on marketing...
I don't think Mr Cook qualified his comments by what degree of data-mining or ad-targeting was done. Yup they have a ways to go before catching up with Google. They're getting better tho.
This sounds like data-mining put to use doesn't it? Who's the customer here?"Because iPhones are location-aware, so are Offers. Offers can be updated to present new messages dynamically, and also triggered with updates specific to a store location via iBeacon. Offers can also be targeted by age, gender, geography, or custom segments built by the marketer, and updated as often as required to keep messages fresh.""iAd’s exclusive targeting capabilities will allow...
Great! Never a bad time for a good day! BTW I love the weather up there this time of year. Here it's getting to close to indoors time for us old guys.
A case of do what I say and not what I do?http://advertising.apple.com/news/The title of the Apple article? "iAd helps marketers push Offers to iPhone"There's not anything inherently wrong with targeted ads but for Mr Cook to say one thing while he does another? I'm sure this gets a raised eyebrow from even you.
Well here's an interesting twist concerning targeted ads, data mining and how those things apply to Apple's Wallet, a feature discussed in the podcast. Newly posted today by Apple: iAd helps marketers push Offers to iPhone June 12, 2015 Offers allow marketers to put customized, dynamic messages directly into the Wallet that’s built into every iPhone - and accessible via Apple Watch. Marketers can reach loyal customers with specific messages that reflect the customers’...
Wrong side of the bed for you this morning I presume?