or Connect

Posts by Gatorguy

It doesn't always have to be "how much money is in it for me" does it? Sometimes it's just the right thing to do.
What does this mean:http://bluvision.com/physical-web-eddystone-ibeacon-support/"BEEKS beacons now include full support for all three of the new Eddystone advertisement formats. Interleaving between iBeacon and Eddystone is now simple. Your beacons can broadcast Eddystone UID, URL and TLM along with sBeacon and iBeacon."It seems to be saying they can broadcast all three standards simultaneously. If that would actually be impossible could you explain why so I could...
I wasn't trying to convince you to like'em. I was pointing out that you might have misunderstood some of the Eddystone details.
Seems you're only disagreeing with a single point of the five rather than 1, 2 or 3. Accurate? BTW I do appreciate the detail about beacons and multiple broadcast support. "It doesn't work that way" is good enough for me. Honestly.Edit:Eddystone support is rolling out faster than might be...
"Clueless"? LOL!I'll respond without insults which look even sillier when you turn out to be incorrect....to be a cross-platform solution with added capabilities beyond what Apple's iBeacon currently offers."Configure Estimote Beacons to broadcast EddystoneUpdate your beacons’ firmware to version 3.1.1. You can use the Estimote iOS or Android app to do that.Change the broadcasting scheme of a beacon to Eddystone-UID or Eddystone-URL. You can change back to the default...
Then let's start here:Misconception #1: You think Samsung's beacon useage would preclude the use of Eddystone. It doesn't . Beacons can support Eddystone as well as Samsung's version in the same beacon. That's up to the beacon provider and/or the beacon user.Misconception #2: You think carriers can somehow block this. They can't. Carriers have no control over it. Zilch. This is handled on Android thru Google Play Services which bypasses carriers. And since it's baked...
You should read the Ars article. I think you may have some misconceptions/misunderstandings about Eddystone that some reading could clear up.http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/07/meet-googles-eddystone-a-flexible-open-source-ibeacon-fighter/
Ads aren't the problem IMO. Every time you travel the web your privacy is compromised by data aggregators, companies whose entire business is built on gathering on-line social, shopping and website visit data and combining it with off-line shopping, credit, employment, health and financial, religious affiliation, and education information. Those files, identified by actual name, address and SS# are sold to insurers, car companies, credit providers, funeral homes, and...
I use Ghostery which accomplishes the same purpose of avoiding data collection and targeted ads from EVERYONE rather than just Google and with less effort than Little Snitch IMO.As for deleting and stopping your search history I don't' know why you'd have a problem in finding it. in Google settings I linked for you. Apparently you're looking for a literal "Don't send search to Google"?
Sony had the Liveview wearable in 2010. Perhaps that's what you're remembering?