or Connect

Posts by Gatorguy

Samsung is being sued. As for Samsung indemnifying Apple I don't why. The supposedly offending Apple features are related to payment systems so at least some if not all of the patent claims are not specific to basic flash functions.
Are you an Android developer? If not you wouldn't be expected to use this as it's not meant for the public.
Hardly...Google Now itself is an entirely different service from anything Apple currently offers. I would have to assume you and the OP meant the Google Voice Search that's included with it.
If it's not important enough for you to look for yourself then why should anyone else bother to do it for you? Geesh... What's that saying about give a man a fish?If it's useless as a development tool then developers won't use it. Oh, wait, developers are using it....To paraphrase your comment:"It's useless useful as a development tool since lots of some Apps (and many functions) can't can be emulated properly in a browser and some outright don't even properly work."
LOL. You almost certainly already "have spyware" on your iMac. Worse you probably can't do a thing to prevent it either short of never visiting any website. Even Apple tracks your usage when you visit one of theirs which you might not have been aware of. They just may not use cookies to do so which seems to be the only tracker most folks seem to know about.
Yet they chose to use round icons. IMHO it looks a little out-of-place on a rectangular display and not it's most appealing screen.
List of currently available apps for Chrome is here:https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/appsIf someone is already intimately familiar with a particular app on their Android phone why not make it available to them in Chrome too if it works well there? That's up to individual developers to pursue or not. I think in your haste to dismiss web apps out-of-hand your're not looking at the bigger picture.
Like you I doubt the majority of what's available belong on the desktop but some certainly are useful there. Look at the Android apps already running on Chrome. There's probably also a place for some games. I can't imagine something as simple as Angry Birds and the like would be any problem running in a browser.
This is actually pretty old news if anyone paid attention to some of the lesser read industry blogs. I mentioned this months ago and repeated it as recently as November last. http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/183466/rumor-apple-taps-rival-samsung-to-build-majority-of-a-series-chips-starting-next-year#post_2640695 The first news of this that I'm aware of came out in June of 2013. These contracts are worked out years in advance and not a few weeks before the next gen iPhone...
It runs under Chrome, a Google product. Anyone using Chrome in the first place isn't buying in to the "oohh, Google scary" FUD anyway. Do you even know how to access ArcWelder features, or how to preview an app running under it? The stuff doesn't load itself by magic. Folks have to WANT to use it and go out of their way to find it. It's intended to serve developers and hardly presents any danger. It simply makes their job easier to test their Android app before adding it...