or Connect

Posts by Gatorguy

Other interesting stats from the survey: 48% of respondents never received a degree in computer science. 33% of respondents never took a computer science university course. System administrators are most likely to be self-taught (52%). The most popular (most-used?) technology is still Javascript @54.4% Most dreaded? Salesforce with Visual Basic a very close 2nd. Windows 7 remains the most commonly used desktop platform for developers with 33.8% but OS X is coming on...
Not that it would matter to folks here in general but you're wrong. Chromebook users do have the option to use Photoshop.That wasn't the point I was making anyway as I think you knew. It's that you don't need a whole lot of computing power, memory or on-board storage to handle the needs of the majority of home computer users. They don't do anything with them that requires all that much.
IMHO the typical Apple Watch user will settle on their primary screen as a watch face with added notifications and statuses like battery level. How would a round face be at a disadvantage for them? Even Apple's own apps like contacts and even their app launcher screen are designed as tho they were meant for a round face.Keep in mind that by Apple's own use case statements theApple Watch is intended for tiny snippets of data that you interact with for only a few seconds. ...
Now Nokia and Ericsson have also published notice that they will not be offering licensing under the IEEE FRAND standards any longer, joining Qualcomm and Interdigital. That's four of the larger entities that contributed to the standard deciding not to play if the rules are going to change after the fact.“Nokia believes that the new IEEE patent policy removes incentives for companies to make their patents available for licensing under IEEE standards in the future, and the...
Ash, I appreciate your arguments in support of broad patenting and assume you are an attorney deriving income from the patent process or adjudication efforts. I've read others bemoaning the plight of the poor inventor in his fight against corporate devils.Your comments would have a lot more validity if little inventors were actually applying for and getting any significant number of patents in the first place. They are not. Corporations and governments are the ones being...
Those are the same arguments made in support of Chromebooks. I'd venture to say most home users don't do any more with their computer than what Fred Maxwell mentions.For the vast majority ease of use, fast boot times, malware-proofing and long battery life are a whole lot more important than whether it can efficiently run Photoshop. The new MacBook is more than most would ever need IMHO and makes a great choice.
Same bezel size on both devices, same physical display height. What you've not been considering is the Apple Watch along with other non-round smart watches don't have square faces as a rule. They're taller than they are wide which is not what you've been discussing. It should be easy to see that with two devices of the same height, one round and one rectangular, the round one may be able to show easier to see notifications depending on what's being presented. Isn't that...
Zenwatch (the rectangular one) - 1.63” AMOLED Moto 360 - 1.5" IPS LCD Depending on the content the data presented is larger on the smaller Moto 360 tho, so perhaps easier/faster to see at a glance than on a rectangular display.
Isn't this more informative than some of the guesses of what someone thinks it MIGHT look like? They're not that hard to find and it doesn't take more than a few minutes to do. Heck those make-believe mockups took longer than finding the real stuff.
The pixels aren't "wasted" anyway. That's not how Android Wear displays info on a round display, assuming the developer followed guidelines.A round display would actually have more left to right space for notifications I believe. Presumably Mr Applebaum just hasn't taken the time to look at how it's being done on actual devices instead of someone's mockup.