or Connect

Posts by Gatorguy

More evidence that Google is taking control of their Android platform, "saving OEM's from themselves" as Ars put it. In addition to their new Android One program Google announced yesterday that Android TV, Android Wear and Android Car will also have consistent interfaces within product lines. Manufacturers will not be allowed to add their own "skins" as they had been doing with smartphones. It won't prevent the addition of specific services to differentiate one from...
At least Google learned about the downside of allowing manufacturers ro skin their own Android smartphones. Yesterday they clarified that Android TV, Android Wear and Android Auto will not permit alteration of the interface. Vendors may be able to add their own services but every one of them will have the same interface across devices. This will allow Google to generally be in control of updates and delivery rather than the manufacturers,
Thanks!. Seems like a no-brainer really. IMO of course Apple will add it to their iPads and laptops.
I thought I'd already read a week or so ago that TouchID was being added to all of portables. Did I imagine it?
Agreed. IMO the only ones finding it to be a big deal are those that think it should be a big deal. We have a Gay Pride weekend going on in St Pete (FL) this weekend with a big over-the-top (and sometimes suggestive) parade, accompanied by all the trimmings like specialty vendor booths, official presentations and parties. They've made it a big deal.I suppose I don't really understand why your sexual-orientation should be cause for either celebration or ridicule. It is...
Since you show no intention of looking for my previous comments on Google Play Services I did it for you. I quoted for you my exact claims from back in March in post 63 above, and from the topic we had a long discussion about this in If you're going to continue with clams I was being dishonest perhaps you could point out the exact part now that it's right in front of...
An Android TV demo was posted from Google I/O yesterday for those curious:
Following on the heels of Motorola's free MotoX "test drive" followed by T-Mo's free iPhone test drive, Samsung rolls out their own 21-day program. Of course they did. http://www.samsungmobileuspress.com/2014/06/26/Samsung-Launches-Consumer-Trial-Program-at-Five-U.S.-Galaxy-Studio-Locations
Protestor one would apparently like Google to interfere and tell one of their employees they can't buy a piece of property. Riiight. . . Protester two should have been pleased that Google not only informed the DoD that they would not be developing for them but also snatched the winner of the Defense Dept's robotics challenge out of their hands. Cooperation with defense plans for any potential "killer robot" was snuffed out with Google's purchase of the robotics firms...
Who disagreed with you when you said it the first time Eric? I'm not aware of anyone here ever saying that Google could update hard-coded OS-level security via Play Services, tho they supposedly will now be doing so. I think you're only arguing with yourself.EDIT: Here's a perfect summation of what I've stated about Google Play Services, It even mentions your point on OS kernel updates and from a thread you pointed to a few posts back:"Most Google Android users are...