or Connect

Posts by Gatorguy

Note that F-Secure does not claim numbers of harmed users or even that any of the supposed malware apps they "discovered" on Google Play actually caused any harm to users at all. Some may have. Or maybe they didn't. Again targeting is not the same as hitting the bullseye. You've made the additional and almost certainly erroneous assumption that the number of downloads for a highly-regarded, popular and established app and a sketchy new unrated one would be roughly...
You can't reject cookies in the settings? Maybe not but I thought that was the big issue with Google a few months ago and why they stopped bypassing user settings.
That's what she dumped Transformers for?? Hmmm, I think I see a pattern.
...just not Domino's. Nasty stuff unless combined with a six-pack. Then you don't notice, at least right away.
Dunno. Do they? Or are you just referring to stuff like free Google Play games with in-app purchases? FWIW I've always considered free iOS or Android games that need in-app purchases to play a bit on the dishonest side.
Well of course it does. They're the only one's who factually know. That's why you never see infection rates quoted by any of the anti-virus companies. They'd just be guessing. Instead they use phrases like "targeting Android" "focused on Android" or "written for Android", none of which means successfully attacked Android. It does make for a good piece of FUD tho and sells a few copies of AV apps.
There are emails collected as evidence claiming other techs are mad at Google for driving up wages, costing them more to hire or retain their own engineers. That hardly sounds like protecting trade secrets, does it to you?
According to the most recent real data the rate of actual malware infection from Google Play apps is only .001% which is probably not far off from Apple's App Store.http://www.phonearena.com/news/Google-says-less-than-.001-of-Android-malware-evades-Google-Play-security-to-cause-harm_id47960
In any event that's not what happened here. None of the employees had a say in the matter or agreed in any way to a no-poaching scheme.
Then in some ways Google Play Services is a better or at least more timely update solution than what Apple offers. New mail, map, search, music etc, etc features get out to Google Android users without waiting for an update of the entire OS (that may never come )