or Connect

Posts by Gatorguy

It's actually Mattel's new View-master using Google Cardboard tech. Makes sense, huh?
Too many episodes?
Auto-correct I assume?
His explanation of the patent issues to his fellow jurors might have been off-base but a retrial because of it sure wasn't in the cards.EDIT:A couple of the questions Mr. Hogan answered for the media concerning the case after the trial was concluded:Did you have the opportunity to ask "Is this something that should be patentable?" during the trial?Velvin Hogan answered:"No, however it was not the function of this jury to ask that. We were bound to use the law as it is...
The value of DARPA-funding for some of these projects should not be underestimated. I know some folks complain about military projects but they can also lead to valuable consumer uses, SIRi, Boston Dynamics, and Coherant among them as examples of DARPA investments. The US government sometimes helps even us little guys, even tho that might not have been the focus.
As opposed to a real View-master.http://www.geek.com/news/the-new-view-master-is-a-30-google-cardboard-headset-1615735/
Based on a recent ruling at the ITC it doesn't appear Apple is standing on firm ground at the moment. Have a read thru this ITC judge's ruling and EssentialPatentBlog's explanation of what it means in an eerily similar SEP case concerning Nokia and Interdigital standard-essential IP.http://www.essentialpatentblog.com/2015/05/public-version-of-judge-essex-itc-decision-that-nokia-phones-infringe-interdigitals-3gpp-patents-337-ta-613/Of course Apple is much more...
I don't think so. The rate is probably the same or very close to it, 1.5% of the end product price. The amount of money involved is higher because of Apple's much greater revenues attributable to the products using the technology.FWIW they've had the same rate for quite awhile as best I read, and even Apple's previous and recently expired contract with Ericsson was almost certainly based on that same publicly stated 1.5%. They would rather not pay it again, irrespective of...
A Google spokesperson said that it is “sorry for this inappropriate user-created content; we’re working to remove it quickly” and that “the vast majority of users who edit our maps provide great contributions.”The company also said that “we also learn from these issues, and we’re constantly improving how we detect, prevent and handle bad listings".The end result is that they've removed the user-edit option altogether as of a few days ago and it will stay gone until they...
Nope. Can you help out with a link to where Google said Apple never invented anything?