or Connect

Posts by Gatorguy

Why? No one will use it (especially anyone here) because first they don't like being tracked for targeted ads, and secondly they don't like their personal data being collected for a user profile.
I agree.
The retailers and card providers never did really care what your CC number was. What they've really wanted is highly-granular customer data like where you were, for how long, where you went after that, and what you looked at all combined with pass-thru rates for pop-up ads and offers to rate their effectiveness. Between Apple Pay (and probably Google Wallet too) and in-store beacons they now have access to very personal customer data they've not easily been able to track...
I think it was meant as a joke since he hadn't made any comment yet in this thread.
So NOW you believe what I've written rather than those other sources you've been relying on.
Yeah, pretty surprising huh? Here's a simple straightforward article on how tap and pay is enabled on Android devices, and the requirements. In a nutshell NFC, a US SIM and Google Android 4.4. Screw the carriers, HCE goes right around 'em.http://www.androidcentral.com/using-tap-and-pay-google-wallet
Yes there is. Google Wallet already uses tokens, having moved to Host Card Emulation (HCE) several months ago. I'll try to clarify something that might be confusing some of those sources you're quoting.While Google Wallet definitely uses a secure transaction procedure, one devised and approved by the same folks who worked with Apple on their version of digital payments, tap and pay will no longer work on ALL Google Android devices because of it. That particular feature...
Weird that folks not on Sprint and not using Nexus devices still use Google Wallet. Completely agree on the marketing comment tho. Google doesn't have the kind of marketing savvy network that Apple does. That's why until they came around similar services from companies like Google and PayPal were not going to see much success.
Try a "pure" 2014 MotoX then.
One of the advantages of rolling security updates out via PlayServices and VerifyApps is that malware such as this can be quickly dealt with without relying on OS updates or involving the Android manufacturers. Google patched this for all devices using Gingerbread or better some months ago, in July, and within days of becoming aware of it. It's a non-issue for Google Android devices.