or Connect

Posts by Gatorguy

Which part of the design that Apple lays claim to do you consider to be unique, novel?Examine the details for yourself. The only elements Apple is applying for protection of are denoted by solid lines. That would omit elements drawn with superfluous dotted lines that indicate where inapplicable items such as a speaker, or display or microphone or button might go. The only thing drawn with solid lines and thus claimed by Apple as a novel design is what sir? To me (and...
In the first paragraph you say patents are simply a license to a monopoly. In the last one you claim it's property, presumably similar to any other and with the same rights. Actually you had it right the first time IMO:A patent is at it's heart just a temporary government granted monopoly over an original invention or design and not a piece of property with full rights of ownership. That's the way the founders considered them, drawn from British law based on the doc you...
Well, we're not quite to the point of an all-digital world yet. I still have customers that want a paper copy of an invoice as a receipt. or a paper receipt for a job deposit. Most people don't even have an e-mail address connected to their credit/debit card so that I can automatically forward an electronic receipt.Besides, 80% of my business depends on folks needing printed materials (canvas, fabric, vinyl, paper) so I'd just as soon the need never went away. Of course...
Ummm, , , Isn't that the same thing I noted? There's a purpose served by design patents and Apple was able to get one for what is literally a simple rounded rectangle. So would you like to offer a personal opinion on the questions surrounding ir?
Only slightly off-topic: I went to Staples yesterday to pick up some printer ink. Passing by the laptop display I heard this conversation between an elderly man and the fairly young Staples salesperson. The words may not be exact but here's the gist of it: Salesman: Can I help you find something? Customer: Just looking for a Chromebook. Salesman: *laughs* . Why? Customer: I need another computer for email and bills and my daughter suggested it. She has one. Salesman:...
An applicant does not have to submit a working model to obtain a patent, actual reduction to practice. They do have to supply some evidence that the claimed invention would work tho, constructive reduction to practice in the case of software. IMO it would solve a lot of issues about just what an applicant was really intending to patent, avoiding a lot of lawsuits and legal fees, if a working model was required. As it is years later a patentee can ask for a broad court...
I contributed to one of their revenue streams earlier this afternoon.
The term you're looking for is perhaps Compensatory Damages?EDIT: This one sounds like a possibility: Vicarious or Contributory damages?
Great find and an excellent read. Thanks!
He may have been thinking of this one, certainly not a design pushed by Apple AFAIK.http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/02/23/madcatz-xbox-ios-7-controller/EDIT: I see the Dasanman clarification now. I guess the basic array might be similar to Apple's suggestions.