or Connect

Posts by Gatorguy

The bills currently being considered are generally not restricted to background check issues. Do a search for yourself. If you'd like a key word suggestion try "gun control bills" or if you want current specifics try "gun control bills in congress 2015".
As I read it Google doesn't scan (index) student, government or corporate GMail accounts for ad purposes.
I think it's more the old slippery-slope argument. ANY limiting of gun rights is seen by a very vocal segment as the first wave of encroachments on the right to possess firearms. TBH its does look like the Dem are introducing a number of related bills at the moment. Gun-owner organizations are predictably intolerant (there's that word again) of efforts by some groups to push controls of any type on freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution. Valid concerns? I personally don't...
I didn't think you were. I just had no idea what I had said about "WaPo". Now I know.FWIW other articles are saying the blocking is intermittent for now.http://www.geekwire.com/2015/use-an-ad-blocker-the-washington-post-is-now-probably-blocking-you/
With perhaps 32 Billion GMail messages flowing between Google servers every day (16% of the estimated total 205B daily emails across all services) "read" would be highly unlikely. Machine scan and keyword index would be more accurate. FWIW nearly all email providers, including big ones like Apple and Microsoft, will read machine scan content to track spam, malware and in some cases illegal content, but I've no idea how many also do so to assist with advertising. Google of...
Gotcha.FWIW I hadn't seen a great number of "complaints" about repairability. What little I've seen has to more with recycling and the difficulty of doing so with some mobile devices. Actual repairability not so much.
You obviously did since you mentioned why repairability reports matter. Seems pertinent to the point you were making doesn't it? No reason to be dismissive of it IMHO.
Simply for reference:https://www.ifixit.com/smartphone-repairabilityNot yet included in that list is iFixit's score for the most recent Nexus phone, the 6P. It's gets a 2 for repairability.
More accurately iFixit says there are multiple layers of various compositions comprising the cover. One of those, the plastic layer, could be the "polyurethane" Apple refers to so both descriptions could be correct. Wouldn't polyurethane need to be bonded to "something" to create a fabric?"This includes microfiber, plastic, and what iFixit calls a nylon layer -- in marketing, Apple refers to it simply as polyurethane."