or Connect

Posts by Gatorguy

ah, way to dodge and weave sir.
There's folks here that have said they'd prefer to pay for a service if it meant no ads. I would think Google would get props for moving ever so slightly away from relying so heavily on ads and user monetization and instead charge (and pay royalties) for things like music and video.
http://time.com/3815196/youtube-paid-subscription-no-ads/"YouTube said Wednesday (April 8th) it will soon launch a new subscription-based service that will let users watch videos on the website without annoying ads interrupting the clips.The streaming video website, which is owned by Google, reportedly disclosed the planned paid service in an e-mail sent to producers of top video content and obtained by various media outlets."
Is that significantly different than this:"In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Apple website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you...
Are they selling any data at all, even anonymized? Not that I know of. From everything I've read whatever Google thinks they know about your interests is kept to themselves and used to deliver more personalized advertising results. Not so different than Apple does with iAd. I've not read that they sell it to 3rd parties so they can use bypass Google's advertising placement and do it themselves without any more help from Google. That wouldn't even make business sense...
Thanks for the prompt. I hadn't even looked at what was new in the update but there's some pretty nice and probable useful additions depending on what you're using it for at the moment.One that stood out was the option to keep the screen on rather than auto-off when you drop your wrist. Turning off color keeps it from impacting battery life.Another is a wrist-flick to scroll to the next app and wifi support so there's no necessity to have your phone with you.BTW, Google...
Besides the fact it was Best Buy who have questionable in-store marketing chops anyway IMO, most of them probably were "junk" for the most part. I wouldn't expect the ideal experience from any of the 1st gen wearables tho Apple is most assuredly closer than anyone else. Overall it's still a market searching for it's identity, a rationale for "I gotta have it because...".
I'm sorry, did I miss where I said Apple will offer a round version in that particular post? As far as your comment about Android you're not thinking apparently. Google doesn't build smart-watches. They supply an OS to licensees that want to offer their own unique designs. You know "together, not the same". Google isn't dictating design, nor should they IMHO.BTW, do you write apps for wearables?
Fixed