or Connect

Posts by Gatorguy

Apparently so subtle that you've never been able to post examples of my supposedly anti-Apple comments when challenged before to do so.Look, I've no issue with anyone who intelligently disagrees with me, you included. That's what's great about a forum like AI. We share little known facts and stories from folks "who were there" in the trenches. Technical discussions of new technologies, often with information others of us never knew. Well-stated opinions we might not be...
uhh. .. yeah I would. Several comments back as a matter of fact, post 5
Yup. Like Adobe. Or Oracle. Or Corel. Or Quickbooks. Or 1Password. Or DuckDuckGo. Or, , , hey wait a minute
Actually I had no idea but I knew how to look it up. Just Google it. http://www.google.com/wallet//current-partners.htmlFrom the looks of things Google hasn't had near the level of commitment that Apple was able to put together. No surprise about that either IMO. A whole lot of players hadn't been willing to give up any potential bit of control until Apple and their millions of users stepped up. Google has limited influence anyway since they only supply the software and...
It's not a great introduction to jump in with name-calling. There's already enough egregious trolling here (even one member doing it is one too many) and so no need for you to do the same. Polite discussion will always be welcomed tho.If you have a good contribution to make like an interesting experience or viewpoint , or a new way of looking at things then please post away. Love to read new things. Insulting long-term members doesn't add anything and so it's not a good...
One thing Steve didn't like was his own children using iPads, or spending inordinate time with any other tech products. Felt it just wasn't good for them. Many others in the valley reportedly share the same view, even going so far as sending their sons and daughters to exclusive private schools like the Waldorf where computers are avoided altogether in the classroom. Instead there's emphasis on hands-on learning . Old school indeed!Suppose it shouldn't be any surprise...
Ah, gotcha. I had misunderstood. Including any computing device I wouldn't be shocked to find an Apple product in 60% of US households that own a computing device.
.The big grin at the end combined with the comment I replied to shouldl'a have made the intent kinda obvious.I suspect you were feeling a little defensive from an earlier post perhaps? I wasn't saying you were wrong about your comment that 33% of all desktop/laptop computer sales here in the US are Mac, just that I've never come across that claim elsewhere. Don't find anything when searching either. If if was just something you thought you remembered that's OK, but if...
Do realize my post about the lack of a keyboard was meant as a joke.
How do you account for the Netshare numbers tracking OS versions? Mac's certainly don't comprise 1/3rd. I also don't recall Apple ever saying that 1/3 of all computers sold in the US for home use are Macs but you no doubt have a link to that you can share.